Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 09:44 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,973 times

Advertisements

I currently have my home on the market and we have been looking to move maybe to Lucas. Anyone here from Lucas? Any comments on Classic Century Homes builders? We have been looking over in Lucas Creek and were impressed by the prices of their 1+ acre homesites in the mid 300's. We mainly want to move out to the country setting and are impressed by their low tax rates and the fact that my kids can still attend MISD. I would love to hear from residents or anyone who knows about this builder. I currently live in McKinney and love it, but I would really like to have more land to play in

Love these forums by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 10:01 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Lucas is a nice growing area that still has some country charm. I have heard the builders name but do not know anything about them. That is pretty cheap for an acre in Lucas or anywhere in that area. Check the prices for homes in the other school districts in the area. Lovejoy ISD is the most sought after ISD in that region. So you may find a home in the Lovejoy ISD to be more per dollar per square foot vs one in Allen ISD or McKinney ISD. I'm only down the road from there by about 10 minutes (6-7 miles or so). Parker is another highly sought area that attracts a lot of high level executives in the Dallas area.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:17 AM

1,067 posts, read 5,654,710 times
The area out there that goes to Mckinney, goes to elementary schools that are open concept elementaries. Just last night I had a retired elementary teacher tell me who subs at these schools that she would never put a child in them due to the noise level and the lack of concentration for the student it presents.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:16 AM

71 posts, read 343,981 times
You might like Paul Taylor Homes in Parker Lake Estates. Approx 2 miles south in Allen ISD

Old 06-12-2007, 11:44 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,973 times
Default Lucas

Thanks for the replies. I think we want to stick with MISD since my daughter is on the swim team at McKinney High. Trust me if she wasn't so bent on attending MISD we would look elsewhere. But we really like that neighborhood. The home we are looking at is over 3,000 sq ft on 1 acre. It is about $345K. We just hope to sell our home quickly. We love McKinney, but the traffic is getting to be a pain already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas