Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 05:10 PM

25 posts, read 86,336 times

Advertisements

By the way, where in the U.K. are you coming from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 08:10 AM

2 posts, read 6,004 times
Depending upon what your price range is, Las Colinas is also a good option. It is a city-within-a-city for Irving. Very nice schools and several nice neighborhoods.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:49 PM

38 posts, read 179,817 times
In terms of overall fine arts, seek out Richardson-probably the JJ Pearce area. Plano has good programs but the schools are HUGE. As for Flower Mound, the schedule along with the new four by four requirement for graduation are decimating students access to performing or visual arts. You may also want to look at Rowlett, Frisco or McKinney schools. I would avoid Allen HS because it's so large that it would absolutely overpower a newcomer. I teach high school in this area, so I am pretty familiar with what is available. If you want to go private, John Paul II is a new Catholic high school in Plano and I know several teachers there. It's a good school and growing. Trinity Christian is also good, but avoid CCA.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:40 AM

493 posts, read 1,757,950 times
Thanks for that. I'm also looking into Grapevine and Colleyville, do you know anything about those schools? I do think that Plano may be too busy an area for us, I remember visiting it back in 2000/2001 and I felt it was too busy back then, I'm sure its worse now. Frisco was up and coming then but it too is probably too busy. Also the lot sizes seem to be quite small in Frisco. I remember McKinney (very nice) but I think the commute will be too much for my husband. I haven't really looked at the private schools. Our kids are in private school here and I really wanted to live somewhere where the local schools are good so we don't have to pay out school fees. Also I'd like to live where our kids have friends to hang out with that also are in the same school district. Any help as always, is appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas