Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 02:10 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,387,185 times

Advertisements

Have they done all the evaluations for Dallas county? I still show last evaluation year 2008 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 02:16 PM

264 posts, read 621,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Have they done all the evaluations for Dallas county? I still show last evaluation year 2008 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Appraisal districts are required by law to appraise properties at least once every three years. If you have not received your 2010 Notice of Appraised value by now, it is likely your neighborhood was not reappraised for 2010 and your valuation is still the same as it was for the previous 2 years. You can go on the DCAD website and check to see if your neighborhood was revalued by typing in your address and looking at the last revaluation date.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:18 PM

Yes, that's where I am getting my information, the DCAD.

I looked at most of the homes on my street and the only one with a revaluation year 2010 was a house that changed hands in 2009.

They raised my value in 2007 and then again in 2008, so two years off sounds fair to me!

Old 05-07-2010, 02:43 PM

In case anybody else was wondering, I called the customer service line and found that all residential revaluations have been done for this year. I'm safe for this year, hurray!

Old 05-11-2010, 03:25 AM

931 posts, read 2,124,796 times
If you have the time look at all the houses that are on your block. If you find that your valuation is high compared to the bottom 3 or 4 houses take a closer look and compare your square footage to the houses. Divide the valuation by square foot and see what your nember is compared to houses that are lower than yours.

You have the right to ask the Appraisal District to value your home the same way as the others. If you are one of the lower values just leave it alone.

Make sure that you have a homestead exemption. If married and one spouse is disabled you can get the exemption for that which is same as Senior for over 65 which also freezes taxes for school ect. Veterans also get special exemptions if they are Service Connected by VA. 100% Veterans are exempt from Property Taxes.

One final thing is the appraisers who work for the District are used to dealing with angry and smart alec customers. If you are polite and ask them to help you they probably will.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:41 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,688,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
In case anybody else was wondering, I called the customer service line and found that all residential revaluations have been done for this year. I'm safe for this year, hurray!
They are done back in January and February. Starting in mid-April I start looking at the DCAD website and see if they have posted the new information. It has been up for several weeks now. You don't always get something in the mail but the website does change to reflect the current year. If you look on the front box on the front page it will say "2010" for the appraised value year. In the bottom of that box is the reappraisal year. They will have the website updated to reflect the new year before they mail anything out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas