Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 10:43 AM

3 posts, read 5,251 times

Advertisements

I really want to move, and I have been focusing in on the Dallas area. However, I have never moved before and have no idea where to start. I am a single female so I am just looking for an apartment (not moving a whole family or anything). And I don't know anyone in the area.

So how in the world do you go about moving? Do you find a job first? A apartment first? About how much money should you have?

And those of you in Dallas, would you suggest the move?

Any advice, thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 01:54 PM

71 posts, read 290,216 times
find a job first.....the rest will fall in line......if you live in a high tax, high housing costs state, then you will love it here...

Old 05-10-2010, 04:21 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,235,303 times
Uptown... bring money.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:44 PM

307 posts, read 1,097,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by privatepractice View Post
I really want to move, and I have been focusing in on the Dallas area. However, I have never moved before and have no idea where to start. I am a single female so I am just looking for an apartment (not moving a whole family or anything). And I don't know anyone in the area.

So how in the world do you go about moving? Do you find a job first? A apartment first? About how much money should you have?

And those of you in Dallas, would you suggest the move?

Any advice, thanks in advance!!
I am in the same exact boat as you. I moved here with no job. Employers won't want to talk to you unless you're local.

Unless you have a job though be prepared to pre-pay a six month lease. The place I'm in rent is ~$550 a month rent. I am near both George Bush Turnpike and North Dallas Tollway.

Sometimes in life you have to take a chance. It's why I moved... That and I'm escaping the 2nd worst job market in the country.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:39 AM

4 posts, read 4,879 times
I'm thinking about moving to Dallas too. I'm not to worried about finding a job though. What I do, I can pretty much do it anywhere. I've been looking online at apartments and working w some good people. If you want let me know and I can get you in contact with them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: