Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 06:30 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,690,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lategreattex View Post
Jesus Christ!!!!!Somebody make it stop. Enough outsiders here! Enough Transplants here! .
Now you know how the native Indians feel

Old 12-19-2007, 10:58 PM

21 posts, read 71,699 times
Default Only if you'll miss the earthquakes

and the left coast type people.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:45 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,295,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita-rose View Post

dont move to texas if you want to get away from that -- english is our second language too - and we have been totally taken over by our neighbor to the south!! you hardly hear english being spoken anymore.... they have taken over all the schools, grocery stores and almost everything else except the high end shopping areas....
Yeah ... I thought it was rather foolish to think that you'd be escaping Mexican immigrants by moving from California to Texas.

Afterall ... Texas is a border state also.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:34 AM

2 posts, read 8,636 times
So, with kids which one would you move to (Dallas, Austin, or San Antonio)?

Old 12-26-2007, 10:58 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,181,360 times
Dallas is the only choice - specifically, East Dallas.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:00 PM

63 posts, read 206,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
whole lot of californians moving to texas.
i am seeing some anti californian sentiments on the posts by texans
this is probably because of some of the social behavior for which we have become infamous. i sympathize with the texans.
we need to treat each other better here dont we?

You mean a whole lot of SOUTHERN californians...

Old 12-27-2007, 08:13 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,283,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Now you know how the native Indians feel
Well, isn't that the total truth. I'd love to go back from whence came my ancestors, another country. That would be fun.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:14 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,283,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qadr View Post
Texas is what you make of it, it's awesome if you want it to be
I agree with that. There are so many wonderful things about Texas compared to other parts of the country.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:15 PM

96 posts, read 315,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
If you can fly out over a weekend check sites like bestfares.com, hotels.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com and such for their "last minute getaways". You can usually find some GREAT deals on air/hotel packages for the upcoming weekend.

Yes, LOTS of areas w/ horses out in the Rockwall area. In the exttreme city center of Rockwall it is more the typical subdivisions but once you get out a little bit you will find homes on acreage and some neighborhoods/developments are putting in their own stables w/ trails. Rockwall and the area is MUCH more horse friendly than places like Flower Mound and Frisco. OMY, YES! You will see horses pretty much all around the outside of town. Too bad your not here this week. The Rockwall Homecoming Parade is tomorrow afternoon and I'll be there for that even though we don't live or have kids in school there, lol. It is a BIG community involved area. All of my friends that live in Royce City really like the schools. One lives on an acre and a half in a fairly new very small development. There is a golf course in Royce City too that is private but open to anyone and is supposed to be very nice. The man that owns it is developing lots all around it right now and the homes in that area are supposed to be on the upper end for the area. Royce City and Fate have always been a little less expensive house wise than Rockwall.
Horsegirl I agree with momof2dfw. I just move from Chino Hills CA this Sept. to Royse City. How did I find Royse City says so many of my neighbors? I don't know but I'm so glad that I did. I do miss my family/friends in CA but that is it so far. Royse City schools are great. They do wear uniforms but I happen to like that it is a breath of fresh air next to what CA girls wear to school. (or should I say what they don't wear) LOL My 12th grader mention to me the other day that the talk at schools after the weekend here is about going fishing, hunting ect... instead of what drug they got high on or how they got home being totally wasted.
We have 7 beautiful acres with a pond. We already have a bull calf and two Nigerian goat kids. This spring we are planning on getting some horses. We live outside the city limits of Royse City so it is a drive to get anywhere but the trade off is great room to move and have oppuntunities we didn't have in CA. Good luck in finding your new home. If you want to privately email me please do and I would love to tell you more of our jouney to this wonderful state of Texas. As some say "We may of not been born in Texas but we got here as soon as we could." I looking forward to growing old here and have many native born Texans grandchildren.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:24 PM

875 posts, read 1,094,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasorbust View Post
Horsegirl I agree with momof2dfw. I just move from Chino Hills CA this Sept. to Royse City. How did I find Royse City says so many of my neighbors? I don't know but I'm so glad that I did. I do miss my family/friends in CA but that is it so far. Royse City schools are great. They do wear uniforms but I happen to like that it is a breath of fresh air next to what CA girls wear to school. (or should I say what they don't wear) LOL My 12th grader mention to me the other day that the talk at schools after the weekend here is about going fishing, hunting ect... instead of what drug they got high on or how they got home being totally wasted.
We have 7 beautiful acres with a pond. We already have a bull calf and two Nigerian goat kids. This spring we are planning on getting some horses. We live outside the city limits of Royse City so it is a drive to get anywhere but the trade off is great room to move and have oppuntunities we didn't have in CA. Good luck in finding your new home. If you want to privately email me please do and I would love to tell you more of our jouney to this wonderful state of Texas. As some say "We may of not been born in Texas but we got here as soon as we could." I looking forward to growing old here and have many native born Texans grandchildren.
Out of curiosity, what do you do with goats??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas