U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 05:44 PM

54 posts, read 74,770 times

Advertisements

Any opinions on what is the best venue for the country music experience in the Dallas/FtWorth area?

I like country music, but there are no bands of note playing while I plan to be in town.

I went to BillyBob's awhile back and it was dead quiet. I'm sure that I went during the earlier part of the week, but I still thought there would have been more going on. I would love to see that place in full swing, so my question is - is it ALWAYS in full swing on a Friday night? (I wont be in town on Sat night.) If so, I would plan to go. If not, what would be a better choice.

How about other times of the week?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 08:17 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,289,739 times
Fridays and Saturdays at Billy Bob's are usually pretty busy because they have touring country bands (good mix of Texas country, outlaw legends, and some top Nashville bands), rather than the house bands.

I'm not sure when the rodeo part runs--I think it may be earlier in the evenings on the weekends. I've never been there when they had the rodeo going.

Billy Bob's is basically the place to go to see good country music in DFW though. Gilly's has good bands occasionally, though, as does House of Blues. Lone Star Park also has a great country concert series.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:42 PM

51 posts, read 143,674 times
We have a new radio station recently AM570 Country Legends..if that helps.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:21 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,394,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewl1164 View Post
We have a new radio station recently AM570 Country Legends..if that helps.
You sure about that? Last time I listened which was last week, it's still talk radio 570 KLIF, which has been that for years.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:00 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,071,356 times
95.3 is a great Texas country station. Let us know specifically when you'll be here and then we can recommend a place.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:11 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,071,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
95.3 is a great Texas country station. Let us know specifically when you'll be here and then we can recommend a place.

I like love and war in plano. They do a shiner sunday thing in the summer and usually have a really good band there every weekend.

I also love Adairs in deep ellum. I used to live close to the place and know the owners pretty good. Used to be neighbors with one of the owners. Every night they have live music there.

Also I have seen some good shows over at lee harveys. Its an out door place that probably used to be a house and back yard that they converted into a bar, restaurant, live music place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas