Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 09:34 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyH View Post
Again wrong Olmos Park is ahead of University Park in income but not by much and Alamo Heights, Terrell Hills and Olmos Park are all located just north of downtown SA.
Nope. Olmos Park only has 2300 people. University Park has 23,300. And the median in Olmos Park is 128K, while in University Park, it is 151K, so where are you getting your numbers from? Mine are from the Census.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 09:39 AM

624 posts, read 905,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Compared to the other Texas cities (Houston, Dallas, Austin), during the boom, SA didn't build nearly as many highrise condos/apartments. SA's was mostly all out in the suburbs (all of those "lifestyle centers", etc.). Now, there were a couple near Downtown, but not much.
The comment was "not very many if any" past or present not true. SA didn't build nearly as many as Houston, Dallas, Austin no argument there.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Nope. Olmos Park only has 2300 people. University Park has 23,300. And the median in Olmos Park is 128K, while in University Park, it is 151K, so where are you getting your numbers from? Mine are from the Census.
It was per capita Olmos @ 65,697 and University @ 63,414 it was a link from another poster on another thread. I have been to both Highland Park and University Park I didn't realize University Park had that many residents.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
It was per capita Olmos @ 65,697 and University @ 63,414 it was a link from another poster on another thread. I have been to both Highland Park and University Park I didn't realize University Park had that many residents.
Yeah, more residents than all of those cities that SweetHomeSanAntonio listed combined. And I was looking at median family income.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrn198 View Post
You also have Hill Country Village and the Dominion
The Dominion is inside SA city limits where as Hill Country Village and its neighbor to the north Hollywood Park are not.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Yeah, more residents than all of those cities that SweetHomeSanAntonio listed combined. And I was looking at median family income.
Those cities he listed are beautiful areas but are small in population, SA suburbs that touch SA city limits are all small. DFW suburbs are huge like Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Mesquite, Garland etc., I can't think of another metro in the nation that has those kind of numbers maybe LA?

Old 05-27-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Those cities he listed are beautiful areas but are small in population, SA suburbs that touch SA city limits are all small. DFW suburbs are huge like Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Mesquite, Garland etc., I can't think of another metro in the nation that has those kind of numbers maybe LA?
Okay, but University Park isn't a suburb. And besides LA, you also have Chicago, Miami, San Francisco, etc.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Okay, but University Park isn't a suburb. And besides LA, you also have Chicago, Miami, San Francisco, etc.
If University Park is incorporated it's a suburb to me. I know all those cities have you lisited have a giant list of suburbs, what I meant was suburbs well over 100,000 DFW has several where as Houston has one Pasadena, Chicago has four.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:15 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times
Ah,the things people will argue about.Personally I would rather live in SA any day although I now live in the Dallas metro area.Unfortunately,SA fall and winter season allergies would make life there miserable.Dallas is nice and I am not in any way knocking it,but SA has the Hill County area,Austin up the road,great cultural heritage,New Braunfels nearby,Schlitterbahn nearby,the Guadalupe rafting close,Fredericksburg nearby,the river area downtown,the coast and Port A only a couple of hours away,among other things.SA was my first choice when we moved as empty nesters looking for something new.But my health wouldn't allow it for 1/2 the year.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Ah,the things people will argue about.Personally I would rather live in SA any day although I now live in the Dallas metro area.Unfortunately,SA fall and winter season allergies would make life there miserable.Dallas is nice and I am not in any way knocking it,but SA has the Hill County area,Austin up the road,great cultural heritage,New Braunfels nearby,Schlitterbahn nearby,the Guadalupe rafting close,Fredericksburg nearby,the river area downtown,the coast and Port A only a couple of hours away,among other things.SA was my first choice when we moved as empty nesters looking for something new.But my health wouldn't allow it for 1/2 the year.
I didn't know allergies were worse in SA than DFW, is it the dreaded mountain cedar in the Hill Country. I had allergies to mountain cedar when I was younger and then out grew it I guess, it doesn't bother me now. I know it can make life miserable for the six weeks or so when it's in season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas