Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:42 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Having lived in Cedar Hill, Duncanville, OAK CLIFF (yes oak cliff), Carrollton and now East Dallas, I think I can say that people with attitudes like you are part of the problem. Crime stats are staggeringly bad in all areas....you cannot run away from crime.

Cedar Hill is a lovely area...diversity is the only thing that is going to solve all this racist nonsense...

Nonsense.Crime stats are a record of crimes committed.If you live in an area with lower crime stats than another area,you are by definition living in a lower crime area.Why do people want to pretend this isn't true?Do people think the crime stats are a wild guess by someone behind a computer on how many crimes he thinks might happen in the area?It is a record of crimes committed.

And insisting that it is racist to make a decision on where to live based on crime stats and school ranking is simply stupid.Can some nitwit that makes these kind of claims please tell me how looking at stats that do not mention race and making decisions on those stats is racist?

Here's a newsflash for all the PC folks that want to cry racism.It is YOU who are making racist distinctions.When someone looks at the stats and decides "I don't want to live in an area with higher crime rates and lower ranked schools",and then you guys cry racism,it is YOU linking higher crime and lower schools with race,NOT the people looking at numbers on a page that do not mention race.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:03 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Again, no one is disputing that the income level in the north is higher than it is in the south. I want dispute that the schools in the north are higher rated than those in the south. What I do see is people hiding behind these stats when in fact what they are really saying is that the south should be avoided because of the high percentage of minorities. That will have you think murders and rapes are rampant in the southern burbs. This simply is not the case. My point is a person can raise a family, send their kids to college and not worry about crime by living in the southern burbs. I know it may be impossible for many northerners to comprehend but you can find great house, good schools and crime free neighborhood for under 200k. I'm not comparing the north to the south. I am simply saying us folks who live south of 635 do not sleep in fear, send our kids to rehab or fear going on a walk along the lake. I live in Mesquite and I sleep fine at night. Been here 14 years and have seen flashing police lights once (home alarm set off by heavy rain). Both of my sons schools have been exemplary and the local high school has been rated recognized. He not go to Harvard, Yale, Vanderbilt etc. but he will go to a great university and do well. He will do this because I have instilled this into him. It want be because he was raised in a 300k house and attended West Plano high. There are great communities north of 635. They do have great schools and little crime. Just understand that it is not the only place in DFW that a person can raise a family in a nice neighborhood with good schools and be fairly crime free. To many here seem to think anything south of 635 is settling for 2nd class citizenship. The misinformation thrown out around here should be confronted when ever it is incorrect. Sadly this happens way more than it should and sadly racism does play a part in it.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Again, no one is disputing that the income level in the north is higher than it is in the south. I want dispute that the schools in the north are higher rated than those in the south. What I do see is people hiding behind these stats when in fact what they are really saying is that the south should be avoided because of the high percentage of minorities. That will have you think murders and rapes are rampant in the southern burbs. This simply is not the case. My point is a person can raise a family, send their kids to college and not worry about crime by living in the southern burbs. I know it may be impossible for many northerners to comprehend but you can find great house, good schools and crime free neighborhood for under 200k. I'm not comparing the north to the south. I am simply saying us folks who live south of 635 do not sleep in fear, send our kids to rehab or fear going on a walk along the lake. I live in Mesquite and I sleep fine at night. Been here 14 years and have seen flashing police lights once (home alarm set off by heavy rain). Both of my sons schools have been exemplary and the local high school has been rated recognized. He not go to Harvard, Yale, Vanderbilt etc. but he will go to a great university and do well. He will do this because I have instilled this into him. It want be because he was raised in a 300k house and attended West Plano high. There are great communities north of 635. They do have great schools and little crime. Just understand that it is not the only place in DFW that a person can raise a family in a nice neighborhood with good schools and be fairly crime free. To many here seem to think anything south of 635 is settling for 2nd class citizenship. The misinformation thrown out around here should be confronted when ever it is incorrect. Sadly this happens way more than it should and sadly racism does play a part in it.

Please explain how you know that people,including posters here,are hiding behind stats and are really just racist.Please.I am interested in hearing how you know this about most of the people that choose to move north instead of south.

To be honest,I don't care one way or another about the northern vs southern suburbs.Both times I have jumped into this discussion is over stupid statements like this,the idea that if you want to live in the northern suburbs you are just a racist not wanting to live around blacks and Hispanics.I just really wish that those making these claims would explain how they know this about folks they don't know.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:22 PM

965 posts, read 1,886,118 times
Like I said before, as a black woman, I realized that black=ghetto/crime-ridden/uneducated to a lot of people, no matter how much you personally achieve in life.

I learned a long time ago that no matter how much I achieve financially or education-wise, I'm still just a n----r to most white people. At best, we're often viewed as shiftless, whiny, and lazy; subhuman, pathological, and functionally retarded at worst. When people start talking behind closed doors, it's amazing and horrible what is really said. I made the mistake one time of reading Stormfront. I'll never do that again.

Anyway, most of the crticisms about the southern suburbs come from the transplants who've never set foot south of I-635 and can only go by what others tell them. Most people are stupid and lack critical thinking, so they can only go by rumors and hearsay. I'm pretty sure someone could make up a story about some deadly shooting down in the Best Southwest and say "it happens all the time!" and people would believe it, despite evidence to the contrary. A lot of people like to pretend that these sort of things don't exist, but those in the know understand.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Like I said before, as a black woman, I realized that black=ghetto/crime-ridden/uneducated to a lot of people, no matter how much you personally achieve in life.

You are very correct here.Unfortunately,a lot of this comes from the folks who like to label others as racist.Just look at this thread.I make the accurate and undisputable point that crime rates are somewhat higher and schools rank substantially lower in some southern suburbs,and that many people look at these and make judgements based on these stats,and the immediate response is,well some folks just don't want to live with blacks and Hispanics and will use any excuse.Excuse me?Who mentioned race?Not me.It is not me making the link of higher crime/lower performing = black/Hispanic populations.It is the people proclaiming that those who use crime and school stats as an excuse just do not want to live among minorities.It is the PC folks letting their true feelings inadvertently show when trying to make a point on the spur of the moment.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
You are very correct here.Unfortunately,a lot of this comes from the folks who like to label others as racist.Just look at this thread.I make the accurate and undisputable point that crime rates are somewhat higher and schools rank substantially lower in some southern suburbs,and that many people look at these and make judgements based on these stats,and the immediate response is,well some folks just don't want to live with blacks and Hispanics and will use any excuse.Excuse me?Who mentioned race?Not me.It is not me making the link of higher crime/lower performing = black/Hispanic populations.It is the people proclaiming that those who use crime and school stats as an excuse just do not want to live among minorities.It is the PC folks letting their true feelings inadvertently show when trying to make a point on the spur of the moment.

Girl, bye. Go take a midol and learn how to address people right instead of patronizing and talking down to them.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Girl, bye. Go take a midol and learn how to address people right instead of patronizing and talking down to them.

LMAO!Sorry dear,the fact that you do not like the facts does not mean I am talking down to you.Perhaps you could highlight the sentence in which I did so?Geez,when you have nothing,make stuff up I guess.Grow up a little.

And since I am not a female,a Midol would not do a thing.Guess that makes you 0-2 in the factiod department.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
LMAO!Sorry dear,the fact that you do not like the facts does not mean I am talking down to you.Perhaps you could highlight the sentence in which I did so?Geez,when you have nothing,make stuff up I guess.Grow up a little.

And since I am not a female,a Midol would not do a thing.Guess that makes you 0-2 in the factiod department.
Well you sure come off like a snotty, know-it-all woman on the rag, so my advice on taking a Midol still stands. And you're telling someone to grow up when you've been patting yourself on the back on how superior you think you come off and looking to start arguments with people.

It's a message board, who cares?

Now let's get back on topic, as I find you useless to converse with...

Old 06-12-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Well you sure come off like a whiny, know-it-all woman on the rag. And you're telling someone to grow up. Pot, meet kettle.

You are good at throwing around baseless accusations and ad homs.That is a sure sign of someone with no substance behind them,so they resort to that.So rather than get mad I just take it as an admission that you have nothing else to offer.And please show where I have whined.Please.On what planet is giving out facts whining?The whiners are the ones mad about the facts and complaining that anyone who doesn't like the southern burbs based on the facts is racist.

Like I said,grow up.

And on the white supremacist BS,I defy you to find one statement I have ever made anywhere on CD that was racist.Just one.Or does caring about the truth of what you post even matter to you?You're mad,so call him a racist.Who cares if it is actually true,it makes you feel good.

Lame,just lame.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
You are good at throwing around baseless accusations and ad homs.That is a sure sign of someone with no substance behind them,so they resort to that.So rather than get mad I just take it as an admission that you have nothing else to offer.And please show where I have whined.Please.On what planet is giving out facts whining?The whiners are the ones mad about the facts and complaining that anyone who doesn't like the southern burbs based on the facts is racist.

Like I said,grow up.

Lame,just lame.

Not all of the people who were lamenting the criticism regarding the suburbs of Southern Dallas County said the criticism was "racist". However, there does seem to be a snotty air of classism to it from many of the people who say the things about the Southern Suburbs that they do. It's quite obvious you seem to have an issue with people who are just fine with living in that part of town. Funny, since you claim not to live there, and yet, you seem to care so much about these posts. They're just defending where they live. I don't see anything wrong with that.

It's not what you're saying, but how you're saying it. You come off with this air of superiority and supremacy. I know of your ilk, and I'll just leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas