Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:23 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,697,706 times

Advertisements

what you can do is ask your agent to pre-screen the lookers--
make sure that they are pre-qualified for what they will need to buy your home...

we know couple who sold their house in Bedford before the govt money went away--
they told their agent they did not want to show the house to anyone who was not pre-qualified---they did not get as many showings as they were hoping for given that their neighborhood usually has homes for sale that are one within 30 days...

the buyers were young couple--first house--made a low bid--lower than they were hoping for but it was the only one within the first 20 days--and they took it
there was house they wanted to buy and needed to get theirs sold asap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 12:44 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,708,579 times
I thought my house was arranged nicely but my realtor persuaded me to get a Feng Shui expert in. She made several changes that I thought were amazing and the house looked much bigger. (still didn't sell in 2008 but I like living in it)

Old 05-31-2010, 02:16 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,226,959 times
Have your Realtor do another CMA for your neighborhood. If you had 23 showings, that's 23 buyers that may have purchased another house. Also, have your Realtor take you on a tour of your competing homes and see how they stack up to yours in terms of showing, updates, price, etc.

It seems you're getting the traffic and feedback is very important. I know that most agents aren't good at giving feedback because by the time we are done showing 15 or more homes and we can't remember why the homes didn't stand out. Make some cards asking for feedback immediately at the home. Since you work from home and you have to leave for a showing, have some cold bottled water and may be some cookies with a note to help themselves.

Naima

Old 05-31-2010, 04:24 PM

146 posts, read 436,490 times
Orbius and SouthernB- yes decluttered and staged before it went on market. Agent brought in her stager.

Élan- I know. I know. :-)

Loves2read - that's a very good idea. I'm thinking that would eliminate the "just lookers."

Naima- Good stuff. We know our neighbors who are selling and have pretty much seen the competition. I started out baking cookies and leaving out water but got tired and wound up eating more than the buyers. ;-) Now, the comment cards are an idea we hadn't thought of. Good call. I know it's hard for Realtors to remember all that. (I send my realtor an email after a day of showings with feedback. That way she can just transfer the comments to css.) Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 06-01-2010, 10:29 AM

Good news, y'all. Don't want to count the chickens before they hatch, but looks like we're about to get an offer and a second showing from a different buyer! Trying to not get too excited until we've got the deal done, but looks promising. :-)

Old 06-01-2010, 10:37 AM

fingers crossed

Old 06-01-2010, 10:42 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,226,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
fingers crossed
and toes

Old 06-01-2010, 01:36 PM

40,937 posts, read 49,032,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgreenmover View Post
Loves2read - that's a very good idea. I'm thinking that would eliminate the "just lookers."!
There is no way your agent can do this. You have to hope the buyers agents have at least done some preliminary pre-qualification with their clients. Why not have a "just looking", they may fall in love and become a just bought.

Buyers today all have "Buyer Brain Warp", they are all looking for great deals and many times low ball most homes. Just make sure the house shows well and is priced to sell.

Someone mentioned we are beginning our best buying time. That starts in March & after June will start to slow down. We are over halfway through the best times so do your homework and get it sold very soon.

How is your home presented in the MLS & web ? Make sure you have good up to date pics. No old winter pics.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:44 PM

I am not saying that your comment was inaccurate--but I know of two people who have been house shopping -- in different states even-- and both of them were told that some houses they wanted to see had that stipulation--that they pre-qualified with mortgage company...
that is why I suggested it to the OP...

Old 06-01-2010, 03:35 PM

Thanks L2R and Naima! Rakin - I've seen listings that say they only want pre-qual buyers, but don't think we ever actually looked at a home with this requirement. Our realtor is totally on top of things, we've updated pics and done all the right stuff. I guess we just need the right buyer(s) to come along. Based on my earlier post, that may have happened. Thinking good thoughts. Good thoughts. Will keep ya posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: