Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 03:10 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,745 times

Advertisements

They may be closer to Fort Worth, but Arlington is still a Dallas suburb as well and the Cowboys now play right next to them. Dallas already has pro NBA and NHL teams in town and Fort Worth has no professional teams outside of the minor leagues. Dallas also doesn't have a minor league baseball team like Fort Worth does. Most cities with minor league teams are just making up for not having a team in the major leagues. New York has a few minor league baseball teams, but the city is also divided up into boroughs.

Also, when people outside of DFW and Texas say they are going to see a Rangers game, they always say they are going to Dallas to see them. They never say Dallas/Fort Worth or Arlington. That has always been what they have said to me anyway or I have heard them say to other people.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:21 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,044 times
yes

Old 06-05-2010, 03:22 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Arlington is Forth Worth's suburb. Don't believe me?

Check it for yourself:
List of Texas metropolitan areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the way, who cares? The Rangers are there for the whole Metroplex for Dallas and Fort Worth both, and all their suburbs.

Get used to it.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:31 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Arlington is Forth Worth's suburb. Don't believe me?

Check it for yourself:

By the way, who cares? The Rangers are there for the whole Metroplex for Dallas and Fort Worth both, and all their suburbs.

Get used to it.

Arlington is Dallas' suburb too. The Rangers are more associated with Dallas. No one says they are going to Fort Worth to see the Rangers play, they say Dallas.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:58 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Arlington is Dallas' suburb too. The Rangers are more associated with Dallas. No one says they are going to Fort Worth to see the Rangers play, they say Dallas.

That link tells me it's Fort Worth's suburb. And a suburb in the Western portion of the Metroplex (Fort Worth's side) If you can show me any link that says Arlington is a "suburb" of Dallas only without them stating Fort Worth like the way I showed you it's Fort Worth's suburb with my link. Then I'll believe you.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:03 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,540,923 times
Arlington is within the Tarrant County lines which makes it a suburb of Fort Worth.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:14 PM

44 posts, read 126,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
Arlington is within the Tarrant County lines which makes it a suburb of Fort Worth.
It is a suburb of both cities and technically Fort Worth is a suburb of Dallas.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajoh81 View Post
It is a suburb of both cities and technically Fort Worth is a suburb of Dallas.
LOL @ Fort Worth being a suburb of Dallas. Dallas is it's own city and Fort Worth is it's own city. Where are you getting your information from?

Dallas–Fort Worth metropolitan area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The DallasFort WorthArlington metropolitan area, a title designated by the U.S. Census as of 2003, encompasses 12 counties within the U.S. state of Texas. The area is divided into two metropolitan divisions: DallasPlanoIrving and Fort WorthArlington.
Arlington, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Arlington is a city in Tarrant County, Texas (USA) within the Dallas–Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:09 PM

44 posts, read 126,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
LOL @ Fort Worth being a suburb of Dallas. Dallas is it's own city and Fort Worth is it's own city. Where are you getting your information from?

Dallas–Fort Worth metropolitan area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arlington, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its funny, they say if Fort Worth becomes bigger Dallas will become its suburb. Double standard anyone??

Your other link clearly states that Arlington is in the DALLAS-FORT WORTH METRO AREA. So how are the Cowboys and Rangers' Fort Worth's. Dallas is the main city, Dallas is the biggest city, whenever anyone says they are going to see a Rangers game they say they are going to Dallas, not Fort Worth. The stadiums are not even in Fort Worth and Fort Worth has no professional team outside of the minor leagues in town, Dallas does. Dallas would also be a big city on its own.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajoh81 View Post
Its funny, they say if Fort Worth becomes bigger Dallas will become its suburb. Double standard anyone??

Your other link clearly states that Arlington is in the DALLAS-FORT WORTH METRO AREA. So how are the Cowboys and Rangers' Fort Worth's. Dallas is the main city, Dallas is the biggest city, whenever anyone says they are going to see a Rangers game they say they are going to Dallas, not Fort Worth. The stadiums are not even in Fort Worth and Fort Worth has no professional team outside of the minor leagues in town, Dallas does. Dallas would also be a big city on its own.
Like I said in the PM you sent me, the Rangers are the TEXAS Rangers, not the Dallas Rangers and not the Fort Worth Rangers. The stadium is in Arlington which is in Tarrant County. Tarrant County houses many suburbs and cities, one of which includes Fort Worth....not Dallas.

Dallas and Fort Worth are considered the DFW Metroplex, that does not mean that Fort Worth is a suburb of Dallas or vice versa. Dallas is it's own city, Fort Worth is it's own city, each within two different counties, each of which house numerous different suburbs.

Anytime anyone I know says they are going to see a Rangers game, if god forbid they have to specify where the stadium is they say Arlington, NOT Dallas. I have NEVER heard anyone say they are going to see the Rangers play in Dallas. Anyone in their right mind knows that Arlington is in Tarrant County NOT in Dallas or Dallas County.

Yes Dallas is a city that is bigger then Fort Worth, but Fort Worth is a city on it's own, it is not part of Dallas and never will be. I live IN Dallas proper, I do not like Fort Worth, but I know the difference. I know the difference of which county they lie in, which suburbs are apart of that county and that they are their own independent cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas