Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 07:59 PM

19 posts, read 61,305 times

Advertisements

Since Connie Nisonger and Dan kennedy took over east side dayton Priority board the neighborhood is going down the hill. East side became the capital of drug trade and prostitution.

By the way 5th street gas station is only 40 feet away from circle k. I believe they should be both treated in the same light. Circle k has noise, crime, trash, broken bottles, cans and theft of anyting metal and roberries, drug dealing, prostitution and last but not least loiterring. If you check the Police record. Circle K has 5 times more complaints and problems then the Gas station. I guess you only care about wishes of Corporate greed and not small businesses. Connie Nisonger is also the chair of Immigrant friendly dayton and trust me if you are an immigrant dont ever call her. she will chew you down with her hateful voice. So its Obvious there is a double standard in this matter. i believe Racism does exit in this matter. I have a Solution to this matter. 5th street gas station should put their business in Corporate name or some white guys name (mine). Then there will be No problem.

Conclusion: Its ok to open methadone clinics and keeping a blind eye on drug houses but its not ok for a store to get a beer license cause its next to a corporate convenience store. (i wonder how much they are paying the southeast priority board).

Have you seen the movie 300. I am imagining the scene "This is SPARTA". and Members of South east proiority board going to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 05:47 PM

235 posts, read 434,803 times
You can't put the blame on Connie and Dan. They are just doing their jobs, and going with what the citizens desires are. The prostitution and drug problems have been going on for years, and it's getting better. There has been numerous drug busts and hooker sting busts just in the last few months.
I've tried to keep my anonimity on here, but I was on the SEPB for 9 years. We pretty much have to stay nuetral on many subjests, like the meht clinic. And we are there to be a liason between the citizens and the local govt. So don't go around blaming them on whatever problems you are having.
If Weed and Seed was still active, they would also be in mix of things.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:21 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times
As I posted in another one of your threads:

No, it is not the same if one already has a liquor license and one does not. I live in east Dayton. Tell me how another liquor license going to improve the area? What is your personal connection to this?

Old 02-29-2012, 08:36 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,375,471 times
Dayton007 -

Any update on your issue? I think you should sponsor an event, "East Dayton meth heads vs East Dayton beer drinkers!" You could get "Rufus the Stunt Bum" to make a celebrity appearance.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:24 AM

4,483 posts, read 6,237,297 times
Ok, I've got two beer drinkers looking to join!

(credit realdaytonohio.blogspot.com for the pic)

Old 03-01-2012, 02:57 PM

235 posts, read 434,803 times
The biggest difference in the Circle K and the station wanting the liquor license is sides of the street. Circle K is in one voting precinct, which allows it. The station is on the side of the street that was voted dry years ago. A completely different voting precinct.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:49 PM

4,483 posts, read 6,237,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lived here forever View Post
The biggest difference in the Circle K and the station wanting the liquor license is sides of the street. Circle K is in one voting precinct, which allows it. The station is on the side of the street that was voted dry years ago. A completely different voting precinct.
No way! That is a prime example of Dayton having downsized but old systems still in place that have become detrimental. Well, at least IMHO.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:04 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,301,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton007 View Post
Since Connie Nisonger and Dan kennedy took over east side dayton Priority board the neighborhood is going down the hill. East side became the capital of drug trade and prostitution.

By the way 5th street gas station is only 40 feet away from circle k. I believe they should be both treated in the same light. Circle k has noise, crime, trash, broken bottles, cans and theft of anyting metal and roberries, drug dealing, prostitution and last but not least loiterring. If you check the Police record. Circle K has 5 times more complaints and problems then the Gas station. I guess you only care about wishes of Corporate greed and not small businesses. Connie Nisonger is also the chair of Immigrant friendly dayton and trust me if you are an immigrant dont ever call her. she will chew you down with her hateful voice. So its Obvious there is a double standard in this matter. i believe Racism does exit in this matter. I have a Solution to this matter. 5th street gas station should put their business in Corporate name or some white guys name (mine). Then there will be No problem.

Conclusion: Its ok to open methadone clinics and keeping a blind eye on drug houses but its not ok for a store to get a beer license cause its next to a corporate convenience store. (i wonder how much they are paying the southeast priority board).

Have you seen the movie 300. I am imagining the scene "This is SPARTA". and Members of South east proiority board going to hell.
Sounds like typical Dayton bureaucracy. Same thing happened with them running out the food trucks. Sad but true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
View detailed profiles of: