Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 09:43 PM

430 posts, read 593,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmeck View Post
Actually, this is a common misunderstanding; this is called Buyer's Agency and they are absolutely working for their clients. The commission they earn is split between the Seller's Agent and the Buyer's Agent; there is typically no cost to the buyer.
Yup, I used a buyer's agent and she was paid by the seller. They simplify the process so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 09:47 AM

22 posts, read 30,873 times
I got to go to parent orientation this last week for one of the PreK/K/1st school here in Centerville and it was so wonderful--if you're checking out schools I highly recommend visiting PVS! https://www.centerville.k12.oh.us/PVS I wish my older kid could have gone to a school like that for K-1.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:04 AM

72 posts, read 105,105 times
Driving home today. Phew travelling is no fun with little kids. Overall the area seems nice. Completely not offensive and it looks like a fantastic place for kids.

Think we have settled on Centerville. There was really only one house in Bellbrook we could look at and it was fine but didn't do it for us.

We liked a smaller house in Yankee Trace and a new construction in Washington Trace. We really like the amenities that these neighborhoods offer and it looks like they have lots of kids.

We also like another house but it's quite large and at the top of our price range. With the property taxes and utility bills it may be impractical.

Had fun exploring as best we could with the kids. My son loved the centerville playgrounds that we found and we had lunch at First Watch. Didn't get to skyline this trip but got Piada take out for dinner after the kids were asleep and that was a nice surprise.

Now to sell the MD house.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:52 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,082,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meggoo View Post
Driving home today. Phew travelling is no fun with little kids. Overall the area seems nice. Completely not offensive and it looks like a fantastic place for kids.

Think we have settled on Centerville. There was really only one house in Bellbrook we could look at and it was fine but didn't do it for us.

We liked a smaller house in Yankee Trace and a new construction in Washington Trace. We really like the amenities that these neighborhoods offer and it looks like they have lots of kids.

We also like another house but it's quite large and at the top of our price range. With the property taxes and utility bills it may be impractical.

Had fun exploring as best we could with the kids. My son loved the centerville playgrounds that we found and we had lunch at First Watch. Didn't get to skyline this trip but got Piada take out for dinner after the kids were asleep and that was a nice surprise.

Now to sell the MD house.
Glad to hear the trip was successful. Again, don't fret too much. Centerville is a great district, and to my knowledge, Washington Trace is in the township (not sure about Yankee Trace). So you could save on some income tax (all depends on where you and your spouse will work too).

Bellbrook once again proves why its so expensive. Low housing stock and what is available is older and usually on the high end of area budgets. Personally, unless you really want the smaller schools and country atmosphere, I would choose Centerville first because of the amenities.

First Watch is good. Sorry to hear you missed out on Skyline, and surprised you liked Piada! I've thought they were just OK, and some people I know don't like it at all. It's owned by the same company that runs the Bravo/Brio chains.

Good luck with selling the MD home! I'm sure it will go rather quick, as that market is pretty heated right now.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:14 AM

Well I was expecting Chipotle or McDonalds so I was pleasantly surprised by Piada. I just had a salad and soup so it's pretty hard to mess up. Sad I didn't manage to make it to Tim Hortons.
I was raised in Canada and I was so happy to see them in Dayton!

Old 05-03-2014, 11:54 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,157,496 times
Tim Horton's is kind of Starbucks for Dayton. Lots of Tims, few Starbucks around here

Old 05-03-2014, 12:12 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,300,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
Tim Horton's is kind of Starbucks for Dayton. Lots of Tims, few Starbucks around here
But both about higher than hell imho. Wait, Timmy's did send out coupons this month :P

Old 05-03-2014, 07:18 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,157,496 times
^haha yeah I'm not a coffee drinker, big fan of their food though! So no clue on their coffee prices, but good to know. I imagine MCD is the low-cost leader in the industry.

At Tim Horton's, I like to get a sandwich combo with soup and an old-fashioned glazed doughnut so I can dip the doughnut in the soup. Sounds weird but tastes wonderful!

Old 05-04-2014, 06:08 AM

Chili and a donut, the greatest meal combination in the world.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:27 PM

Still in a holding pattern trying to sell the house here in MD. It took the government so long to cut his orders that we have less than a month to sell before he has to report. Sigh

On another note is the flooding from today common in the area? Any specific places we should avoid so we don't end up under water?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton