Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 02:33 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,751,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
Very cool! And yes, we do! In particular me. I need a job haha. Actually I need an internship in Manufacturing next summer so I can use my engineering and Supply Chain degrees.

Still holding out some hope for Fuyao posting some opportunities soon, but we'll see. Also holding out hope for a more national company that I'm currently interviewing with, but we'll see how this last interview went. If I get that one I'll be nowhere near Dayton, which will be a bummer, but I've heard expanding one's horizons is not a bad thing at all.

Best of luck deciding where to bring those jobs and I sure do know some locals who are good workers and could use them! Variety of skill sets though.
The purpose of an education is the development of the person, not a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 03:08 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,158,013 times
^Agreed.

Issue is the type of person I developed into was a person that would work in merchandising / inventory control for major retailers, particularly in their international dealings. And yeah, college prepared me well for that path. I did have many opportunities to experiment, and over that time I found that I have a natural interest in and adeptness for the field.

But I realized that wasn't where I wanted to be. I want to stay in Dayton (I'm sure my presence here shows I have a strong interest in the area), and there are zero job opportunities for that field here. So I had to adjust haha. Plus, the career potential in general is a lot better for individuals with a business+engineering background, as opposed to a business background alone. It would have taken about 10 years into my career on the other path to work into the role I want to get straight out of college.

Ironic part is the one company I'm interviewing with now is a major supplier to major retailers. So I'd just be one step further up the supply chain haha.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:12 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,848,091 times
OHKID, I bear bad news about Fuyao-- I already looked into them. They only want management with five-plus years of experience already. (Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, doing the job search thing.)

Old 09-29-2014, 11:16 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,300,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
OHKID, I bear bad news about Fuyao-- I already looked into them. They only want management with five-plus years of experience already. (Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, doing the job search thing.)
EVENTUALLY, they are hiring for hourly. IIRC, the media said sometime in early 2015

Old 09-29-2014, 02:20 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,158,013 times
^Yep, so hopefully they'll post a few more professional positions before then.

It seems like Fuyao would need a good legal team, hensleya1. Hopefully they'll post openings soon? I'm hoping to put my Chinese minor to use there.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
^Yep, so hopefully they'll post a few more professional positions before then.

It seems like Fuyao would need a good legal team, hensleya1. Hopefully they'll post openings soon? I'm hoping to put my Chinese minor to use there.
#winningpost . You kill me lol. That was pretty good.

Hey, at least it's not going to waste

Old 09-30-2014, 05:46 PM

4,241 posts, read 7,172,886 times
Quote:

Sorry to say, but Dayton is a lost cause for me
Me too, so I just tune it out and get into what's good about the area. Make lemonade out of lemons dontchaknow

Old 10-02-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
Me too, so I just tune it out and get into what's good about the area. Make lemonade out of lemons dontchaknow
Keep in mind nobody is forcing you to read the forum. I thought that sidepoint should be mentioned.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:06 PM

41 posts, read 62,599 times
Dayton never was a wonderful place for people of COLOR, EVEN IN it's heyday. Belive me, I was there from 1945 ubtil 1957.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:19 PM

41 posts, read 62,599 times
Dayton has never been a wonderful place for people of COLOR, even in the HEYDAY, believe me I lived there from 1945 until 1957
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton