Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 02:21 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,293,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Just ignore that person. They are ruining every thread on this board. There are a couple of posters on this board that are the reason I don't post here as much as I used too. They like to complain about Dayton, but it is people like them that are the reason Dayton is what it is. Always negative, always trying to bring people down, always trashing the city, NEVER trying to improve anything. You are either part of the solution or part of the problem. They are part of the problem.
Then you got the one with rose colored glasses who has lived in Dayton ten years or less and seems to have her mouth going and acts like a real know it all

Sidenote: Have you tried using the mute feature instead of complaining about said parties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 02:36 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,139,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherphotographer View Post
It won't let me rep you right now, but you are correct!

The engineers for the Carrillon display are from Brookville, which makes it even WORSE! Do they not know about Dayton weather? Jesus Christ....
I'm sad they paid engineers to do this... especially with all the resources they had for free.

UD, WSU, AFIT, OSU, Miami.... or honestly the Dayton Engineer's club... seems like the kind of project that would do best without over-thinking it and would be a great academic study. I know I've had to do similar theoretical problems in my course of study.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:32 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,293,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
I'm sad they paid engineers to do this... especially with all the resources they had for free.

UD, WSU, AFIT, OSU, Miami.... or honestly the Dayton Engineer's club... seems like the kind of project that would do best without over-thinking it and would be a great academic study. I know I've had to do similar theoretical problems in my course of study.
I know Dayton engineers are better than this. We have invented so many things, unless the programs are just "passing people on" regardless if they are qualified or not. Wait, cue the "Sinclair Levy" haters that will threadjack this whole thread soon :P

Old 12-17-2015, 06:01 AM

430 posts, read 590,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherphotographer View Post
Then you got the one with rose colored glasses who has lived in Dayton ten years or less and seems to have her mouth going and acts like a real know it all

Sidenote: Have you tried using the mute feature instead of complaining about said parties?
Yeah, I am pretty awesome. Downright amazing, in fact.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:03 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,470,197 times
I pass the Carillon most every day. Looked really nice when it was up. But one thing I've learned about the Miami Valley is the straight-line winds here can get absolutely brutal, and this December has been more like a March.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton