Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 02:30 PM

9 posts, read 13,131 times

Advertisements

SWOH - I truly appreciate all your help! It is sounding like once I get the chance to go over for a visit, I will have to go to each of the schools and check them out myself. I really wish I was able to talk to locals from each of the school districts that would be able to give me a firsthand account of their experiences, but it's tough when we have no connections out there! My husband says that anyone he does know at his workplace, either lives outside of Wilmington in the Dayton or Cincinnati suburbs, or they live in Wilmington and don't have any school-age children or any experience with the school districts either. So this has been a bit of a challenge!

My husband has been checking out some homes out there, several in Waynesville that were nice - but we didn't realize until after the matter that although they have Waynesville addresses, they are actually located in the Clearcreek Township and the kids go to Springboro Schools, instead of Waynesville. Unfortunately, most of the houses available in Waynesville are located way out on that far end. After making several trips out there for showings at these houses, my husband is thinking they are a bit further than he'd like to commute to work each day. Unfortunately, we haven't found many homes available on the South end of Wayneville and/or they don't last on the market very long. As of now, Waynesville isn't looking too promising to us (although it is gorgeous up there and we love the town!), unless if some more new homes become available. As of now, we're looking at some very nice homes and properties in Clarksville, Blanchester, and Wilmington. We like the Clinton-Massie schools in Clarksville, but I'm concerned about all these articles I'm reading about Clarksville being in a state of fiscal emergency and talk of dissolving the village's government! Yikes! We like a house down in Blanchester, but we know nothing of the schools - wondering if they might be too small to have many programs - and the town seems to be out in the middle of nowhere and doesn't really have a lot going on in town there (which means a lot of commuting to get to anything). And then of of course there is Wilmington - being close to everything, but seriously questioning the school system. Each seem to have their pros and cons, so it's a matter of trying to figure out which will be the best fit for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 04:39 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,161,281 times
Looks like you guys have done a lot of good research recently, glad to hear prep for the move is going good!

I also apologize for the late reply, I'm not the best at checking C-D anymore.

Springboro Schools would be alright, but they are quite a bit larger than Waynesville. I don't know if they would be all that good for you guys.... so I can see why Clinton-Massie is looking a lot better.

Blanchester might be a good choice... it probably has a lot of what you are going for in your new community. I don't know anything about their schools.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton