Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 08:11 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
WooHoo! That is a beautiful RV, Camper. No wonder you are "camping" so often. I would be, too.
It's nothing fancy, just the basic plain Class A, but it sure ain't ' suffering" as my daughter puts it.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:41 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Arghhhh...I just went out to go to Walmart and get some of those margaritas like Camper showed us. Halfway there, I heard a growling noise and turned around to go to my auto repair shop. Then the growling nose stopped and so did my air-conditioning.

My car is now at the repair shop. Thank goodness I dont have any appointments scheduled and nothing planned (except drinking margaritas, which I can do tomorrow).

Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
It's nothing fancy, just the basic plain Class A, but it sure ain't ' suffering" as my daughter puts it.
NOTHING FANCY??? Are you kidding? I think you have a fabulous RV! I'm not sure how I'll manage the funds to retire into one....but it is my serious goal. I can't imagine being all by myself and able to go wherever I want to go. (Emphasis on BY MYSELF!)

My dad said suggested a fifth wheeler due to being able to have transportation apart from the RV itself, but I really wouldn't do that much city or daily driving if I didn't have to go to work. Just for myself, I can get supplies for an extended time and just hang out in the camp grounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Arghhhh...I just went out to go to Walmart and get some of those margaritas like Camper showed us. Halfway there, I heard a growling noise and turned around to go to my auto repair shop. Then the growling nose stopped and so did my air-conditioning.

My car is now at the repair shop. Thank goodness I dont have any appointments scheduled and nothing planned (except drinking margaritas, which I can do tomorrow).
AARRGG! Sometimes an AC is 'fixable' and sometimes it isn't.....or just isn't worth the cost. Any word on what the problem is yet? Hopefully, it just needed recharging or something. If you live in our hotter climates, trying to navigate without an AC is almost impossible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is my last extra hours day until next week. I almost got out of it for today, but I realize other people have kids and families. It is really easier for me as a single person to out in the extra time if needed.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:05 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
I have searched every liquor store and cannot find those Dailys frozen bags....I am obsessed and starting to think I have alcohol problems...LOL

Old 06-08-2011, 09:17 AM

Glory, by the noise it was making, I wouldnt be surprised if the entire a/c unit has to be replaced. The car is 13.5 years old and has had only minor a/c work done. I love this Jeep so much that I'm willing to replace everything in it rather than buy a new car. If they still made the little Cherokee, I might entertain buying a new one -- but they dont. It has only 90,000 miles and I figure it will outlast me. Of course, it helps that I'm retired; if I were still working and relied on a car for transport to and from the office, I'd be upset.

I saw your comment about being ALL BY YOURSELF. I've been ALL BY MYSELF for 20 years and really enjoy it. I think I'd really enjoy traveling ALL BY MYSELF too, although my older daughter and I have had some nice trips together.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 AM

crazyworld, have you checked HEB and Walmart? Or what about going to the drink website and checking if they have a list of stores in your area that carry their products?

Ready to Drink

Old 06-08-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I have searched every liquor store and cannot find those Dailys frozen bags....I am obsessed and starting to think I have alcohol problems...LOL
WALMART....they have them at Walmart!

Maybe you should consider becoming a representative....here's the info:

Quote:
For more information on Daily’s Ready-to-Drink products and/or to arrange an interview with one of the brand’s marketing executives, please contact me directly at lbenyon@optonline.net or (203) 254-8225.
Regards,
Liz Benyon
NOVA Marketing Services
86 OxBow Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824
(t) 203.254.8225 (f) 203.254,8220
lbenyon@optonline.net

Old 06-08-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Glory, by the noise it was making, I wouldnt be surprised if the entire a/c unit has to be replaced. The car is 13.5 years old and has had only minor a/c work done. I love this Jeep so much that I'm willing to replace everything in it rather than buy a new car. If they still made the little Cherokee, I might entertain buying a new one -- but they dont. It has only 90,000 miles and I figure it will outlast me. Of course, it helps that I'm retired; if I were still working and relied on a car for transport to and from the office, I'd be upset.

I saw your comment about being ALL BY YOURSELF. I've been ALL BY MYSELF for 20 years and really enjoy it. I think I'd really enjoy traveling ALL BY MYSELF too, although my older daughter and I have had some nice trips together.
I know there are several things that can go wrong with a car AC, but if it is the compressor, I know even replacing it doesn't mean all will work properly afterwards. I hope you have a good mechanic you can trust who won't overcharge you.

For a second opinion, you can always go to the Auto Forum on CD. Those guys are really knowledgeable and helpful.

Yeah....after you are alone for an extended period of time, I think it would be really hard to integrate into the life style of someone else. I can't imagine loving someone enough to get excited over their own kids and grandkids. I stay busy (and broke) enough just dealing with my own.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:20 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Call the company and they can tell you who sells them close to you. Maybe even get a coupon or two.

I got my first ones at Super S. Call all the drug stores or anyone that carry beer and wine.

We're talking a dozen with us this weekend!! Love the Strawberry and the Peach! Got some of the margarita glasses your freeze....from the Dollar tree no less. party time!

Old 06-08-2011, 01:58 PM

UNBELIEVABLE! Right after I posted this morning, all the electricity in my house went off. It just now came back on...5+ hours later. Some problems with a transformer...

It got so hot and stuffy in here that I had to get out my Sharper Image fan. It runs on either electricity or 4 "D" batteries. I used that fan 24/7 in the 10 hot, sticky days after Hurricane Ike when I had no electricity.

So now my house is cooling off and I'm waiting to hear about my car. Glory, you may be right about the a/c not working right if they have to replace the compressor. I should have received a call by now with info on what work needs to be done; the fact that they havent called yet doesnt bode well.

I'm probably going to need a few of those margarita pouches to get through this day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff