Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times

Advertisements

The worst part is that I really have to dump my pride and ride the bus to and from work until next week Friday. I work and live on the same main road, so it really isn't complicated, I just hate having to do it. It's a better option than driving the car and taking a chance of it going dead and having to pay for towing. A taxi is far too expensive and would be a stupid choice considering you can get a week's bus pass for only $14. I work with people who live around me, but we don't work the same hours now that I changed positions.

....and of course it's going to RAIN today.....

Old 07-07-2011, 10:49 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,424,443 times
Thanks for the gift certificate info, crazyworld!!

Glory, I cant tell you how sorry I am about your car. It really is best that you not drive it or you could end up having to buy a new engine. I wish we lived closer; you could use my car, as I never really "need" it for anything except doctor appointments.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:32 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,394 times
You are welcome ... did you try it?

Old 07-07-2011, 11:54 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,561 times
I hate car trouble! Fixing is so expensive and sometimes they don't do it right! Do you park outside or in a garage, GB? Maybe a varmint chewed a hose.

That sounds like a good garage door price, TFW.

Man, I take a couple of months off and you guys turn into a bunch of margarita lushes! Boy, I can't take my eyes off of you for a second! btw: we have had a margaritaville machine for a couple of years....they're great!

Guess what? Crystal Light has come out with 3 new flavors......they are booze flavors....one is Mojito, one is Margarita and I forgot the other one. I bought Margarita and it is pretty good! It really tastes like the greenish mix! My kid put a little tequila in a glass on the 4th and it tasted pretty good! SO NOW WE CAN HAVE DIET MARGARITAS! HEHE!

Well, things are still missing but I did find the little brass magnifying glass. (It's one thing if I haven't seen something since we moved here, but it's another thing if I have unpacked it and put it away and can't find it!) It wasn't lost, he had it out in the garage looking at something.......the wire fence box, I think. The irony is that we had TWO and he hates clutter (we have a couple of others, but I like the little brass one), and he threw both of them in a box that I was taking to one of my yard sales, (before we moved). They are very good brass, small but heavy.......they were a business gift. I took one out and hid it.....sold the other. He found it and used it! So, all this time, I was hysterical, going nuts, crying, going more nuts since I don't lose things.......and he had it! MEN! Oh well, at least I know where it is now.........back to where I keep it!

Old 07-07-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
I hate car trouble! Fixing is so expensive and sometimes they don't do it right! Do you park outside or in a garage, GB? Maybe a varmint chewed a hose.
Nope. Blondie here let it run out of oil. I had the oil changed and ASSUMED they put in as much as they should have. Come to find out, lots of mechanic places don't. So, when the light came on, I figured it was just a sensor malfunction.

If it costs less than $500 I'll fix it, if it requires a whole new motor, I'll take what I can get on it and buy a new one.

Glad you are slowly finding all your treasures!! It takes awhile to get back situated and it's lots of work. The good part is that you are with your family and are happier than where you were. How is the new place? Are you still liking it?

I'll ask that question again after the Colorado winter starts. Bet it's different than Southern California. We'll have to save up and send you out some wooll knickers.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:56 PM

OK folks....it isn't just RAINING....it is a friggin MONSOON with thunder and lightning. No bus waiting for me.

I have plenty of vacation days I can still use.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:36 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,997,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
OK folks....it isn't just RAINING....it is a friggin MONSOON with thunder and lightning. No bus waiting for me.

I have plenty of vacation days I can still use.

send the rain to Texas... send the rain to Texas... send the rain to Texas.....

hey, it's worth a try.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:50 PM

HAHA Camper! Actually we do need the rain and are going into our 'rainy' season. Last year, the season never came and we were in a drought, but it seems as though it has returned with a vengeance this year. I would be willing to share some of it with you if I could.

Lord, I'm bored. Guess that is why I work all the time. I have no idea how to just sit and relax. I always feel guilty if I'm not doing something. What a terrible psycho frame of mind.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:29 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
The worst part is that I really have to dump my pride and ride the bus to and from work until next week Friday. I work and live on the same main road, so it really isn't complicated, I just hate having to do it. It's a better option than driving the car and taking a chance of it going dead and having to pay for towing. A taxi is far too expensive and would be a stupid choice considering you can get a week's bus pass for only $14. I work with people who live around me, but we don't work the same hours now that I changed positions.

....and of course it's going to RAIN today.....
Well, at least there is one silver lining in this. You have the availability of a bus. We don't have any public transportation in this town. Yep, that's right and yet we have Texas Ranger Stadium and Cowboy Stadium. How weird is that?

I know how you feel about having a car. I'm so dependent on mine that it is almost a textbook case of some kind of neurosis. I even thought about buying a second car to keep in the garage in case my main car, Irfan, was in the shop. Then I started figuring in insurance and such and decided that I was an idiot for even considering it. Duh.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:22 PM

This is how I feel..........
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/hittingglassagain.gif (broken link)

================================================== ====

Yeah, at least we do have a good easy bus system. Kind of cheap too. You can get the weekly passes or the monthly passes. For only $50 a month, you can take unlimited bus rides to anywhere you want to go.....including the theme parks. WAY cheaper than gas or upkeep of a car. If you wanted to go on a trip or out of town, you could just rent a car. The only problem is actually WAITING for the bus. Not all the stops are covered and it's really hot here and rains a whole lot. (Like the monsoon storm today.) Other than that, it really isn't such a big deal to take the bus. A few crazies and a couple of smelly people, but the rest are just people going to or from work.

It's raining so much until my daughter decided to take off work and go with a friend to Epcot tomorrow. People avoid the parks when it rains....even though if you have an umbrella, it's totally worth going anyway because most everything is inside and the lines are low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff