Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2010, 01:37 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,486,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Wonderful to have you back DKVA!

I spent the day helping my youngest son move into his new place. This time he was smart. He picked a married couple, with references, who rent a couple of rooms to college students. The rental rooms are on the other side of their condo....which is really big. He does share a bathroom, but guys don't seem to mind doing that.

It seemed like a good fit. I took him to WalMart to pick out some nice new stuff for his room. Now my house is all quiet again......
I hope this works out for him.......

Old 07-12-2010, 01:47 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,486,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Congrats Wurzig-I did visit your star party!
We had a great vacation-beautiful weather-ocean warm-reading books-swimming-looking for beach glass& shark teeth!
Best was being with our daughter. So great we booked another trip for August. Hopefully we will also have our son-his fiance and our daughter's boy friend!
Coming home yesterday was horrible-4 hour delay-flying is no longer fun

Plus-I did miss you all guys!!
I can NOT believe you are back already and I didn't even get to take the vacation! Time flies so fast when you are having fun, huh! Am glad to hear that you had a good time!

When my girl was little, (less than 2 years old because it was the last time I flew with her without paying), we went to visit my best friend who was living in Cape Coral at the time..(I think it was Cape Coral)....her husband took us to a beach that had 'black sand'.......it wasn't in Fort Myers, but it wasn't super-far away.....maybe an hour? Anyway, the sand was black....(there ARE some volcanic black sand beaches in Hawaii)......the stuff making the sand black was prehistoric shark's teeth.... The sky was beautiful when we got there.....but within minutes, huge black clouds came and we had to run...man, it came down so hard and so fast.....it was at the end of September, first of October......

The good thing about Florida is that they have tiny, neat shells...(big ones, too)....it was so fun to pick up shells.... We don't have a lot of shells here...(practically zero).....and certainly not the type found around the Gulf..... cats paw, etc....

Old 07-12-2010, 03:01 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,886,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
I wasn't on here during the weekend..(at least I don't think I was)....open house both days..(it's stressful, but I am going gung ho with this open house stuff now and we are having another broker preview later this week----not that we have made any remodeling changes, etc., but we have lowered the price several times snce the last preview, soooooo....and then another open house this coming Sunday)...keep your fingers crossed, eyes crossed, arms crossed, legs crossed and everything else that you have to cross. Yesterday I found a heads up penny in a parking lot......I almost passed it because it was embedded a bit in the asphalt......I backed up and dug it out with my fingernail......

Thanks for the star party, Sabby. I'll get over there soon...... And thanks everybody for partying with me......ketabacha said I was close, but I didn't pay attention......

One of my girl's close friend's mom died during in the middle of the night.......so she is over there now......(but she shouldn't be because she has bad laryngitis, coughing a lot, feeling crummy).... I think recurring breast cancer, not sure.... Sad, sad, sad.....

I'm not feelng so great today......did not sleep very much, had a cement feeling in my colon early a.m. and now I have a bad headache that is not going away......

relax... relax.... relax....

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/reposit...a/bath-072.gif

Old 07-12-2010, 05:50 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,853,077 times
I sure hope you get your house sold soon Wurzig! All that stress sure can take a toll on your health.

Today was such a crappy freebie day. I sure hope tomorrow is better. I really need to update the free stuff on your Birthday thread and a couple of other things.....but I'm feeling LAZY!

Old 07-12-2010, 08:17 PM

You guys were so right about getting away for awhile. The lake is beautiful! I'm having a fantastic time just sitting on the banks watching all the boats go by. We found the perfect spot for me to get in, just slide right off an edge into the deep water. It's so refreshing!! Wish you guys were there. Three more weekends to go.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
You guys were so right about getting away for awhile. The lake is beautiful! I'm having a fantastic time just sitting on the banks watching all the boats go by. We found the perfect spot for me to get in, just slide right off an edge into the deep water. It's so refreshing!! Wish you guys were there. Three more weekends to go.

Just rub it in. I have to go to work.
Seriously, I'm really glad Camper that you are enjoying yourself and are feeling better!

Good Morning to Everyone!

Old 07-14-2010, 07:46 AM

Did everyone go camping with Camper?

I'm so sorry I have to work so many hours these days and can't be online during the day.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Did everyone go camping with Camper?

I'm so sorry I have to work so many hours these days and can't be online during the day.
I guess everyone was busy... Maybe next time. leaving either late Thursday or early Friday if anyone wants to come.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:21 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,292,882 times
I'm venting-I got a job offer from a major merchandising company. 25 hours a week-more money. I'm not a novice-asked all the key questions-ie hours & contracts with vendors.
Well despite all my questions I've been had! Thought I was being hired for 25 hours-well it's not - talking to my mgr could be 0-20 hours /week-no guarantee. Another lesson learned-talk to the area mgr-not the hiring mgr. Well this week is 1 hour. WOW
I need to strangle some one

Old 07-14-2010, 06:53 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry. That really bites. It's a sad, sad world we live in now that an employer has to lie to get people to work for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff