Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 02:01 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Oh my gosh Wurzig, I'm so sorry. My mom has this and it can be incredibly painful. In the beginning, she went to almost eating baby food. She also quit wearing pants and skirts because they pushed on her stomach. She now wears only shift type/A line dresses that don't put pressure on her belly. (Buy bigger panties as well).

It seems it is more controllable with diet than with all the medications. I will call her to see if there is anything I can share with you to help out. Please take care of yourself....I sure will be thinking about you.
Dang, that sounds painful! They told me to have a liquid diet for a few days and then bland and then high fiber...... they told me to lay low with seed foods, such as strawberries. I didn't even eat that many strawberries this year......and not lately. But I did eat the sun seeds a few days before the pain started..... I love cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.....so I guess I should kick out the seeds...... And I make trail mix with all kinds of nuts.......guess that is out, or maybe just occasionally, i don't know yet......

I understand her pain though......there was pain in my colon area that wouldn't leave......since I am normally 'healthy', I couldn't figure it out......

Old 08-27-2011, 05:13 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrainman View Post
I am In the path of the hurricane in Mass but it should be a tropical storm by the time it gets here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Bob did you know I too live in MA?
And I grew up in Mass., in the beautiful Berkshire mountains. When my sister & I moved here, it was major culture shock! That was over 20 yrs ago though, so we're used to hurricane warnings now.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:18 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,796,611 times
Everybody be safe on the east coast with the storm!!

(still getting used to posting in quotes but not yet)

Be careful Crazyworld and Starr.R !

Last edited by bobrainman; 08-27-2011 at 05:38 PM..

Old 08-27-2011, 05:56 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
Just popping on to tell everyone to be safe. All is good the new baby came home today. Now we all jsut wait for the storm.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:33 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrainman View Post
Everybody be safe on the east coast with the storm!!

(still getting used to posting in quotes but not yet)

Be careful Crazyworld and Starr.R !

To do a direct quote, just hit the QUOTE tab on the bottom right of the post you want to quote. It is one of three options, it is the one farther to the left.

If you want to multi-quote, then hit the little quote icon under each post you want to respond to. It is on the bottom right in the middle of the other three options. When you get to the last post you want to respond to, then click the QUOTE tab on the bottom right (see above).

Took me awhile to get used to all of those also. You can also manually type them in....but it's a pain.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Just popping on to tell everyone to be safe. All is good the new baby came home today. Now we all jsut wait for the storm.
I'm surprised with the storm coming that they let him come home since the road has to be in hazardous conditions and the possible loss of utilities would be scary.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:49 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,796,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
To do a direct quote, just hit the QUOTE tab on the bottom right of the post you want to quote. It is one of three options, it is the one farther to the left.

If you want to multi-quote, then hit the little quote icon under each post you want to respond to. It is on the bottom right in the middle of the other three options. When you get to the last post you want to respond to, then click the QUOTE tab on the bottom right (see above).

Took me awhile to get used to all of those also. You can also manually type them in....but it's a pain.
Thanks!!

Old 08-28-2011, 07:54 AM

Well...........HAPPY SUNDAY to all!
Guess CW is in newborn Grandma heaven!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/coldinnose.gif (broken link)

I STILL haven't checked my mail since Friday and I didn't go to Nordstrom's for the free perfume yesterday. Every time I think I'm rid of this cold, it comes back. Think I keep reinfecting myself with letting the cute 4 year old sit in Nanny's bed and play on her computer.

I have a REALLY long week at work coming up as well. Maybe I should at least pull myself together long enough to go get some powerful cold meds. The ones that keep you awake...............

Old 08-28-2011, 08:36 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
Hi all just checking in and hoping everyone is safe.

We have some real gusty winds and sheets of rain but not much of what they said. I guess we have downgraded to a tropical storm.

Glory it was fine yesterday to get him home. My son had called in the morning and asked me to come and help them get him home and settled which I loved being a part of...I ran out and did some errands for them and now they are all settled in. My son just lives a couple of streets over from me.

Starr the Berkshires are gorgeous

Off and running here..............

Old 08-28-2011, 02:39 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Hope all are safe.....

Feel better GB.....if you don't go out, do you have anything in your freebie pile you can take?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff