Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 08:56 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Camper we got a taste of Fall last week...it was great and now this week it is in the 70's (which is hot for me) rainy and sooooooooooooooo humid. It is eerily foggy out at night and I feel I have a house sitting on my chest...little hard to breathe in this weather.
I have a friend from Indiana who refers to that kind of weather as "close." I like that description. It fits.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:25 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Yeah...well....it's in the 90's here and will probably stay that way until well into October.

I was in the middle of posting this morning and the electricity went out. I went in to a mild panic wondering if I had forgotten to pay the bill, but then my neighbor came over and his was off as well.
It's back on now though......

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday (22), but we decided to celebrate it today since it was payday. She's been wanting a blender for fancy drinks, so I got her that and a variety of drink mixes, plus some clothes. I have a side counter in the kitchen all decorated with gifts & cake. She'll be happy when she gets home from work. Her brother bought her a ticket to Halloween Horror night at Universal. They are going on Saturday night into Sunday morning, so my grandson and I are going to find our own entertainment. If it's not too hot, we might go to the Animal Kingdom theme park. I kind of like that one, even though the kids don't like it as much.

Last edited by GloryB; 09-23-2011 at 09:50 AM..

Old 09-23-2011, 12:39 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
GB sounds like a fun celebration...Happy Birthday to your daughter. Ahhhh to be 22 again..NOT!

Old 09-23-2011, 03:49 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Ahhhh to be 22 again..NOT!
I agree, cw! At 22, I woke up each morning and my first waking thought wasnt about my painful joints...heck, I never even thought about my joints at that age. At 22, my first waking thought was always "How am I going to feed my kids today?" I'll take worrying about aching joints any day.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:14 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I agree, cw! At 22, I woke up each morning and my first waking thought wasnt about my painful joints...heck, I never even thought about my joints at that age. At 22, my first waking thought was always "How am I going to feed my kids today?" I'll take worrying about aching joints any day.
I'd go back for a day or two...

Old 09-23-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I'd go back for a day or two...
I would go back for one hot Friday night.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:27 PM

Old 09-23-2011, 11:38 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Latest news about Angel Food:

Angel Food Ministries has considered many options regarding our future. At this time we regret to inform you that we have not found a solution that will allow Angel Food Ministries to continue to distribute food on a monthly basis and have decided to cease operations. We realize the pressure that this places on our host sites, community food banks and customers.

However, there is a group of former employees and food vendors that are working to find a better way of serving those who have come to depend on Angel Food.

Unfortunately many if not all other food ministries have gone out of business in recent years. Angel Food has not been immune from the same economic and market conditions that led to the loss of other food ministries. It’s important to note that in the past we never relied on donations; less than 1% of annual revenues have come from donations. We are grateful that we have been able to help tens of millions of customers save hundreds of millions of dollars in food costs. We also are grateful to have been able to return about $24 million to our church host sites and other partner organizations.

With the help of our volunteer staff 98 percent of the thousands of customers who placed an order for September have already received a full refund. We continue to work with the USDA to credit the remaining 59 customers who used their SNAP benefits to place a September order. Federal regulations prohibit us from simply sending them a check for a full refund.

The USDA/SNAP officials have been very helpful in seeing to it that these refunds are taking place in an orderly fashion. Those who placed orders through their local host sites will need to contact that site directly for a full refund.

We are comforted by the thousands of comments we have received expressing support for Angel Food Ministries and the great need to continue helping those in need. We at Angel Food Ministries are truly heartbroken to have to cease operations but it has not compromised our faith in God or our commitment to helping those in need.

Please check this website often for the latest information. Thank you for your prayers, faithfulness and your commitment to Angel Food Ministries over these past 17 years.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:50 AM

It is really sad about Angel Food, they helped so many people for so many years. It was when they started specializing so many varieties of boxes that it seems they could no longer offer the biggest bang for the buck....but God knows they tried.

Thanks for posting the update TFW. You may want to put it on the Angel Food thread also.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:59 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
That really is a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff