Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 12:34 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Oh, I love me some Tom Selleck too!! What an awesome collage. Thanks, Glory!!
I didn't make it ....I just found it.

I'm a die hard Russell Crowe fan.........

He will be in the new Superman movie, Man of Steel...PLUS just signed up to play the police detective in the remake of Les Miserables (musical version).

Old 10-02-2011, 01:40 PM

Please make sure to visit Gandalara's Fourth Star party!

//www.city-data.com/forum/commu...l#post21121385

Old 10-02-2011, 02:59 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,424,443 times
Thanks so much for letting us know, dear Glory!!!

Old 10-02-2011, 05:35 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,997,958 times
Headed there now! Thanks Glory and Congrats Grand!!!!!

Old 10-02-2011, 07:51 PM

Here comes Camper with the party chicken.............
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/KFCfootball.gif (broken link)

Old 10-02-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Here comes Camper with the party chicken.............
LOL! Where do you find all these wonderful images, Glory???

And dont you think we'd ALL be tackling Camper for that chicken????

Old 10-03-2011, 03:25 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,561 times
I am glad you find the star parties, GB. I seem to be slowing down with this......

I got the sample invisible glass wipes......before I test them, is this the stuff that you guys have been praising?

Forget putting o.j. with Bragg's...... I put a little more honey with it.....can not gulp it or else it hurts my tummy......acidic....

We took a long walk......saw a big fox with a HUGE, fluffy tail......he was in a horse pasture....he must eat a lot of mice. We walked near a stream......I sprayed bug stuff on me, but I never heard any mosquitos buzzing by, so maybe they are on the way out......a girl can only hope...

So, we had the dog in the car......with the sun roof open......he stood on the console and stuck his head through it......we weren't going fast, but the wind blew all his fur back.......he was loving it.....people were checking him out, laughing...he was like a taxidermy statue....he's getting so huge...... I kept hold of his leash......and pulled him back whenever the brakes were applied.......(no animals were injured during the filming of this project)

I have bought a Sharp floor steamer.......one powder/bath is totally white...EVERYTHING...the white floor tile is small and is already getting 'brownish' grout..(gawd, we haven't even used it that much!!!!)....I hope the steamer makes it white again... I don't know what the first owners were thinking.....they must have seen it in Architectural Digest or something......and then allowed nobody to use it.....

Old 10-03-2011, 05:57 AM

Yes Wurzig, it's the Invisible Wipes that are so good. I just love those things!

White grout is tough to keep up unless it is really well sealed...but with age it becomes even more porous than it was to begin with. I imagine with dogs, you'll probably have to replace the flooring eventually with something a little more durable. Meanwhile, apparently if you can get some oxygenated bleach....it does the trick.
How to Clean Grout
---------------------------------
I have no idea why I'm so tired this morning. I went to bed early and slept well. Probably some mental thing because today is when I work
two shifts. Oh well, I'll survive it. I probably just need more exercise and less sitting doing nothing.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:56 AM

I have whitish tile, and white grout, throughout my entire house. What was I thinking? My only excuse is that I had it installed right after my stroke five years ago and wasnt thinking clearly. All I recall is that I had dark floors prior to that time and wanted something lighter that would be easy to keep clean.

I hate, hate, hate cleaning all this grout. I even bought a huge commercial-type steam cleaner and tried the oxygen bleach and neither one, or the two of them together, cleans the grout to the color it was originally. My grout was professionally sealed but it started discoloring almost immediately. Another professional told me that I shouldnt have been washing the floors so often...that the water is what stained the grout.

Here's what my tile looks like. Just imagine 1200 sq ft (with some area rugs) of this:

Old 10-03-2011, 07:19 AM

I got the neatest item last week. Since my foot surgery (where the joints of my middle foot were all fused), I've had trouble walking, especially making the daily trek out to my curbside mailbox. So I bought a Mailbox Chime.

When the mailbox door is opened, a sensor sends a signal to the unit that's plugged into an electrical outlet in my home. The Mail Chime then tells me, with a bright red LED light and four little audible beeps, that my mail has been delivered.

If I'd heard about this more than a year ago, I'd have thought it was a silly gadget. After all, who cant use the exercise of walking out to the curb 2-3 times daily? But now I really like the convenience of knowing exactly when the mail is out there.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/MailChime.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff