Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2011, 11:30 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Is this it TFW?
Amazon.com: Used and New: Don't Shoot the Dog!: The New Art of Teaching and Training

I think I'll order it tomorrow morning. Sounds like the kind of book I need to read.

My problems with the two youngest kids are truly my own fault. If ONLY I had listened to my mother years ago when she told me I needed to be a better disciplinarian. They both have some rogue rebellious gene which totally exasperates me. Even when they are in the wrong....I somehow think it is my fault.

Nothing like mother's guilt. We all have it and it doesn't matter if it is our families or things going on in the world we all think we are personally responsible. Don't beat yourself up. It is never too late to say no, grow up and do it yourself or pay the consequences. My sister in law still has her two kids 31 (non functioning) and 25 at home...she does it all including filling out job apps for them but then again she is a controlling whack job...LOL No car? no problem take mine oh no job No problem I will work three jobs. There comes a time when you have to put your foot down and say enough. You did nothing wrong GB
We had a wedding a couple of weeks ago when we all had to get hotel rooms. They did and their son asked if he and his girlfriend could stay in it and Mom and Dad could not go back to the room because sonny was busy for hours with his girlfriend....ewwwww

Hi everybody!

Old 10-06-2011, 02:14 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
I agree with Wurzig and crazyworld, Glory...dont beat yourself up about your kids. I think all parents would do things differently if we had the chance. I know I would. I always said that, if I'd understood reinforcement training when my kids were little, I'd have done a much better job of being a parent. In fact, I try not to dwell, too much, on all the mistakes I made with my kids because it's so depressing.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:20 PM

And, Wurzig, I'm so sorry about your best friend. I cant imaginen what you're going through over that. I hope that his wife has a support group there in CA.

I think almost all of us -- not just men -- postpone making arrangements for when we're gone. For 42 years, I worked in a field where I saw how disastrous not having a will was for the ones left behind -- but I didnt have a will until recently. And I just bought one of those "When I'm Gone" kits where you fill out info on your computer password, credit card accounts and those passwords, life insurance info and everything a loved one needs to know.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
We had a wedding a couple of weeks ago when we all had to get hotel rooms. They did and their son asked if he and his girlfriend could stay in it and Mom and Dad could not go back to the room because sonny was busy for hours with his girlfriend....ewwwww

Hi everybody!

EWWW is right! Hi, cw!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:00 PM

Sorry, Glory, I forgot to respond. Yes, that's it. I see that it's a 2006 revision. How wonderful. I thought the last revision was in 1999.

The 2006 revision includes a chapter on clicker training. That's exclusively for shaping behavior in animals....housebreaking and training for dog competitions, as well as teaching dolphins and other not-so-easy animals to do not-so-easy tricks. That chapter should be interesting reading. I never got into clicker training, but that was because my reinforcement timing, after so many years, was really good -- and, due to personal insecurities, I didnt care to have my dogs responding to a clicker instead of to me.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:02 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
HA.....wouldn't THAT just be fun.....a CLICKER for my kids!

I need coffee. I'll be back in a bit.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:47 AM

Well, obviously, I never got back to the chat yesterday. I ran some errands since it was payday and we needed a few things. Then the rains began. Not pretty shower rains, but storm after storm with flood warnings. Messed up Israel and I going to the pumpkin lot opening at the church with face painting and hay ride................and I doubt seriously we'll be able to go to Epcot tomorrow.

So, Nanny is going to get out her paints and we are going to paint each others faces instead. Bet you wish I would post THAT pic.

My son asked me yesterday where all the toilet paper was. Since it was HIS payday as well, I told him it was down at the store if he wanted some. He didn't yell or cuss as usual. He actually gave me the money to go get him some while I was out. (Mine in still in the trunk of the car. It's just toilette paper and not expensive, but he has got to grow up and learn to take care of himself or he'll be living with me till Jesus comes.)

How's everyone else doing for weather?

Old 10-08-2011, 08:49 AM

I can only dream about "storm after storm". No rain yet. 30% chance for the next few days but that doesnt mean much.

We want to see pics of Nanny with her face painted!

Great news about the son's reaction to buying his own toilet paper. Gosh, Glory, soon you'll be able to write a book on training kids!

Old 10-08-2011, 10:44 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,414 times
Hi everyone! Be back later to chat.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
We want to see pics of Nanny with her face painted!
I look a wee bit like a half baked Avatar character.
His mouse face came out real cute though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post
Hi everyone! Be back later to chat.
Are you guys getting all those storms also? My electric keeps flickering....could be a long night. Luckily we live a little up....since the river beside us and the pond behind us has raised quite a bit after the first 30 hours of rain and we expect at least another day of it. Wonder where all that rain came from????

I wanted to go to Epcot tomorrow. The rain wouldn't stop us, but Israel is just over that nasty cold and we don't want him in wet wind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff