Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 05:40 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times

Advertisements

Good Morning!

Izzy still has what seems to be a stomach virus. He's been home from PreK all week. Seems like ever since he started school he's always sick with something. I'm feeling queasy myself this morning and have no paid vacation time until after this month/year is over. This is actually what I consider to be my buying Christmas gifts paycheck since we get paid 3 times this month. Oh well....life does go on and somehow it will all work out.

Hope you continue to get better TFW.....

Old 12-09-2011, 11:25 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
Today is Friday and my husband flies in tonight..thank GAWD! I'll be making the trek to DIA again tonight....sigh.. He has been gone all week giving a speech in CA. and also went to see our sick pal. 1 week alone with this pony is all I can take...(more than I can take, actually).....he has been inside because of the sub-temps a good part of the time......(yesterday was a very nice day and he was outside most of the day).. He is such a velcro dog...stuck to me like glue...I guess that is okay if you are an animal person, don't mind long hair on you and like to be licked to death. I love him but I definitely don't fit into that category.. Everybody in CO. has a dog......I was in Macy's, standing in line, looking at all the coats and pants.....animal hair stuck on them...... He has torn out more PVC pipe this week....over 50 feet so far......and knocked over one table in the house but luckily, the things didn't break..... We are going to have the hidden fence man back in the spring and he is going to change the boundaries to keep the dog out of a certain area where he is tearing out the pipes......they are in a planted area with evergreen trees, etc., at the edge of the property......

Right now it's 26 degrees out there and we have a bit of fog today....not all the snow has melted, most of the grass is now showing..... We didn't get it off the driveway when we got a few inches last week, so now there is ice...live and learn...I did get out there with a shovel a couple of days ago and make a path down to the mailbox though so that I don't slip.....I am getting pretty good at this stuff, but this time I learned that we can't let it go or else it'll get icy......we haven't bought any of that salt stuff........I want to try to avoid it if possible..... There is this other stuff that they use......I forgot what it is.....but I don't want it to hurt the environment or the paint on our cars so I haven't bought any yet. When I used to check out houses to buy, (last year and the year previous), I learned that too much of this snow-melting-stuff pits the cement......I could always tell when people didn't know how to use it......I don't want to be one of those people with a pitted driveway....it's bad enough that your cars get it when they are driving down roads and in parking lots.....

I have been really busy this week......spiffing up the house, running errands, doing Christmas shopping, etc. Yesterday I finally went and got my hair cut.... I have no Christmas stuff out......no energy to do it and I don't want the pony to get it....he is taller than the kitchen counters, etc.....he just has to put his head up there and grab stuff and run with it if you aren't looking...I try to keep him out of the kitchen the best I can......

He is not a high-energy dog, it comes in spurts....he has bugged me all morning and right now he is taking a nap on the sun porch....I have already vacuumed twice today....he has been vacuumed off, too....he loves it......I figure that's a thousand less hairs on my floor if I vacuum him.... I empty my vacuum cannister 1-2 times a week and it is packed......

He is costing us big bucks with this PVC stuff, (the lines have been blown out already so we won't be replacing it until next spring), so I have ordered one of those shock collar thingies..$$$...I am going to zap him a few times when I see him tearing it out..I have tried everything else and I just don't know what to do anymore....he is very smart but stubborn.....the collar has all kinds of settings......shocks and just little noises and I have a feeling the little noises will fill the bill. I think he will learn fast......he does not go outside of the property boundaries with the hidden fence....when they get close to the fence, a little buzz goes off and they know to move back....

The air is dry here and the heater makes it more so......we have a humidifier on the heater, but I think I need to up the percentage or something...... I simmer a pan of water every day on the stove, but the dampness only goes so far... At night, I get a slightly stuffy nose, mostly because of the air......well, last night it was the same and by 3:00 this morning, I had a sore throat.....dang, dang, dang! I have been burning it at both ends for the past month or so and it finally caught up with me. So today is tylenol, sudafed and zicam.......sigh....... So, I have a sore throat and I cut my hair yesterday.......when I put the two together I started laughing.....

Typing this is very annoying......the top half of many letters disappear after I key them......is this happening to anybody else?

There is no company loyalty anymore.......they work you to death and forget your name the day you quit or retire.......

Does Queenie have a bad tooth?

Hope Izzy feels better soon.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
So today is tylenol, sudafed and zicam.......sigh....... So, I have a sore throat and I cut my hair yesterday.......when I put the two together I started laughing.....

Typing this is very annoying......the top half of many letters disappear after I key them......is this happening to anybody else?

Ok...that is it! NO MORE Freebie Gang friends can cut their hair this winter season until I get caps knitted for all your little heads.

No Wurzig. No letters disappearing for anyone but you. It's Phase 2 of your 'Cold Air Scalp' Syndrome.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:57 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Ok...that is it! NO MORE Freebie Gang friends can cut their hair this winter season until I get caps knitted for all your little heads.

No Wurzig. No letters disappearing for anyone but you. It's Phase 2 of your 'Cold Air Scalp' Syndrome.
Actually... My letters have been sticking but I figured it was just me.

I have learned my lesson with the hair cuts. No more. EVER!!

Old 12-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Actually... My letters have been sticking but I figured it was just me.

I have learned my lesson with the hair cuts. No more. EVER!!
I haven't even been sending for any freebies lately.....what's wrong with me? I need to get with the program......sigh..

Hey, I am starting to wear all those knitted caps now......when I am outside shoveling the white stuff.......gloves, too.......

We will rename Campie 'Rapunzel'....

The good thing about it being so cold here......no mosquitos! No flies either. The flies were here for a few weeks in the fall.......came out of nowhere......drove us nuts! One guy told us, 'wait until the first freeze and that'll do it'. He was right.

The longer the post, the more they disappear....the top half of a letter disappears.....

Old 12-09-2011, 01:36 PM

I don't think I wrote this already:

My baby will be 22 on Sunday.....I bought her some new Uggs when she was here, so that's her gift......(and I sent her a tiny gift to be opened on Sunday). Anyway, her school has a package deal that you can order for your kid for when they are sick, Valentine's, Halloween, birthdays, homesick, etc.....I ordered her a birthday package that was delivered today...........nice cake, balloons, 2 certs. for pizza, sodas, ice cream, etc.....(they only deliver M - F).... I organized/invited her friends all through f/b, (was NOT easy--2 of the girls don't accept messages if you are not a friend, so I'd have to look through their pics and message their friends, asking them to get a word to the girls or else have them contact me, on and on...some kids aren't on f/b everyday, so this took me over a week)...... The roomies decorated today when she was in class...(I had to look up her schedule to let one know when she would be gone)...2 of them have placed fake calls to her, asking to get together for dinner tonight......3 live off campus, so parking is going to be very hard tonight......UM is in football playoffs and they are having a game in their stadium (on campus), tonight and it'll be a sell-out and seats 25k, so then I got stressed about them getting there.... Anyway, she knows now, (she found out because the bakery places a note in her mailbox telling her that she has a ';ackage' at the main dorm desk), so it's up to her to co-ordinate the time when all are out of class and out of work....they are not supposed to have candles in the dorm, but I sent some matches, a 2 and another 2 to a room mate's mailbox and they were received on time.....SHE IS HAPPY AND WAS TOTALLY CAUGHT OFF GUARD......MOM DID GOOD! (Patting myself on the back for this one...I had no email names or phone numbers...it was all done through f/b...and being that I am not their friend, I can't send group messages......it took a lot of time for sure!)

Old 12-09-2011, 01:56 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,740,703 times
Flying by to say hello and to wish you all a Happy Friday......don't want the germs so I am flying back out....

Seriously feel better

Old 12-09-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Flying by to say hello and to wish you all a Happy Friday......don't want the germs so I am flying back out....

Seriously feel better
You will stay healthy as long as you don't cut your hair.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:45 PM

I have to work tomorrow morning, so I thought I would say an extra hello tonight. This week has went by so fast....can't believe it is the weekend already.

Rudolph Crossing:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/IMAG0126.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-10-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post

Seriously feel better
You're not on a broom are ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff