Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 09:25 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,433,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I have a story too. I went to work and the building was on fire.
Kinda spooky when your workplace becomes Breaking News ...
Quote:
I'm not that important.
Yes, you are!!

In SoCal news, it finally broke 100 today. Late June!!

I'd forgotten how good Peach Schnapps was

Old 06-24-2010, 05:30 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Good Morning!

My daughter just called. It is 7:24, her shift starts at 8:00 and there is no one answering the phones to inform as to if our part of the building has any air conditioning yet. It is hard to believe we work for a NEWSpaper.

The end of the week never brings great freebies....but I'll go look around.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:35 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,528,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I have GOLFER"S ELBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never even heard of it. Talk about inconvenient. I have to wear a brace on my wrist and hand to keep the wrist straight. I was just getting use to using the left arm again. Oh well , such is life.

Glory, you want a story of the day? My dog has turned into a vampire. She won't cross a threshold unless invited. It's the funniest thing ( but gets old real quick). If your going from room to room she will follow but stop at the entrance to the room and just sit there and whine until you say it's OK, come on in. Every- stinking- time. Over and over and over again.
I am only familiar with tennis elbow and I've had it. You think you should put a brace on the elbow area but that's not where it goes, so maybe they are calling tennis elbow golf elbow????

Did anybody (former occupant) die in your house?

Old 06-24-2010, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Kinda spooky when your workplace becomes Breaking News ...

Yes, you are!!

In SoCal news, it finally broke 100 today. Late June!!

I'd forgotten how good Peach Schnapps was
Fuzzy navel!

Old 06-24-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
I think everyone knew you were joking, or at least I did.
Yes, we are a pretty tight bunch!

Old 06-24-2010, 06:00 AM

When I used to make peach cobbler all the time, I used Peach Schnapps in the recipe. Gave it that extra kick. Sometimes I miss cooking for the family.....but MOST of the time I do not! Now, I just take them out to eat instead.

Well, another day without having to go to work. As long as they pay us our hourly sales averages....all is well. It is like a mini-vacation. Wonder why these things always happen right before payday when no one has any extra cash????

Old 06-24-2010, 05:14 PM

I love to make peach cobbler! I always double/triple it.....the pyrex boils over in the oven and then I have a huge mess! So far, I haven't this year....peaches just haven't been cheap enough yet. My folks had a peach tree in the back yard when I was a kid....we made a lot of them! (And that tree was volunteer! One of us just happend to throw a pit out there one time because we were too lazy to go throw it in the trash and a tree grew from it!) I put a lot of extra cinnamon on it AND the dough! YUM! I never thought about the schnapps though.....interesting. I even like to reheat it a tiny bit in the microwave and then pour a tiny bit of milk on it......(or Camper could put a scoop of Blue Bonnet Blue Bell ice cream)!

Thank gawd for moderators! I opened up cd and the first thread (new today), was extremely offensive.....reported it and it was gone within 5 minutes! I've been there and done that, seen and heard it all, but I don't want to see certain things on here....there are other sites for scum..

Have a good day off, GB.

Hope everybody is staying cool..... I always feel guilty when I read about the heat.....we have a nice breeze off the ocean, it is just starting to burn off.....it MIGHT hit 75 at my house today.....(but I doubt it).... There is a reason my area is so crowded, huh.....(very crowded during the summer, especially on weekends, but all weekends, to tell you the truth.....a vacation from the inland heat for sure)....

Old 06-24-2010, 07:11 PM

Hey....I found the PERFECT icon for us:

Old 06-24-2010, 08:05 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Quote:
Hey....I found the PERFECT icon for us:

I love it. It truly is perfect for us.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:23 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Hello, my dear friends! I have missed youall SO much! I was without a computer for a long time and have been having some stroke-related health problems, but I'm doing better now. I cant stay tonight but wanted to introduce you to the lovely 8-year old rescue doberman who's coming to live with me a week from tomorrow.

I had planned to wait until I retire at the end of the year before getting a dog again, but I went to the website of the local rescue group this past weekend and "Queenie"s eyes just stole my heart. She was kept as a breeding machine and, when she couldnt produce any longer, she was given up. I havent met her yet but her eyes told me all I need to know. She's supposedly good with small dogs, cats and kids. I'm so excited. I just had to come here and let you know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff