Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2011, 12:07 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times

Advertisements

I can so identify with your story about men TFW! It would all be so comical if it wasn't such a disaster at the time.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:11 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I made it through WalMart. Ended up NOT doing gift cards....surely a result of the massive amount of medicine I took before I went. For some bazaar reason I decided to shop for real presents. I also noticed at some point in the store I was actually talking out loud to myself. Anyway, got it done...at least for everything I needed this coming weekend.

My daughter took over the food purchases and prep work. My youngest son took over the last minute cleaning................

O, Glory! I wish I were there to help you! I hope you dont have the flu. Please get better!

Old 12-16-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I can so identify with your story about men TFW! It would all be so comical if it wasn't such a disaster at the time.
There's a very thin line between comedy and tragedy. Thank goodness that stuff happened to us when we were too young to understand how bad it was. And, once again, i have to wonder if you and I were separated at birth.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
There's a very thin line between comedy and tragedy. Thank goodness that stuff happened to us when we were too young to understand how bad it was. And, once again, i have to wonder if you and I were separated at birth.
German ancestry.
A string of retarded husbands.
..........and those kids we spawned.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
German ancestry.
A string of retarded husbands.
..........and those kids we spawned.

LOL! Amen! But I'm much older than you and so are my kids. In fact, my oldest grandson is 25 so he's probably the age of your kids. Let me give you hope that the kids do, eventually, grow up and become productive citizens.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:18 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
OMG TFW!!! But at least you've had the adventures in life!! I love the part where you ride off on the mc!!! Sorry it didn't end well but you did the ride. Don't ever regret the choices you've made. It's what made you what are today and I for one love the way you and GloryB turned out!!!

ALWAYS GO FOR THE RIDE GALS!!!!!!!!

It'll all come out in the wash , as they use to say, and now we have the color catchers to catch the bad stuff!!!!!!

I feel a cold brew coming on!!

Old 12-16-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
OMG TFW!!! But at least you've had the adventures in life!! I love the part where you ride off on the mc!!! Sorry it didn't end well but you did the ride. Don't ever regret the choices you've made. It's what made you what are today and I for one love the way you and GloryB turned out!!!

ALWAYS GO FOR THE RIDE GALS!!!!!!!!

It'll all come out in the wash , as they use to say, and now we have the color catchers to catch the bad stuff!!!!!!

I feel a cold brew coming on!!

Me too, dear Camper -- to everything you posted!!!

Old 12-17-2011, 11:07 AM

I still feel as though I teetering between life and death.

I did go to the doctor this morning because I couldn't swallow at all. He prescribed a nasty tasting concoction called dex/diphen/Lido/Nystatin. I have to swish, gargle and swallow it. (Sounds like a bad date....huh??? )

I'm not at all sure how the kids are doing in taking care of everything needed towards tomorrow.....better yet.....I don't care. I just want to feel normal again. I'll stay in my room tomorrow so I don't pass this thing around. I'll just come down for the gift opening portion.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:33 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
TFW,

What I think was horrible is that your mother forced you into a convent. I just can't imagine having to give up a full ride at Rice. Seriously, just being accepted at Rice is fantastic. Lots try to get in but few are chosen and then to be offered a scholarship is just so wonderful.

The thing is that you are now happy and you have a loving family plus Queenie. You have survived a lot of things and you came out on top with nary a mean bone in your body.

If I was rich I would buy those math books for you, TFW.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
TFW,

What I think was horrible is that your mother forced you into a convent. I just can't imagine having to give up a full ride at Rice. Seriously, just being accepted at Rice is fantastic. Lots try to get in but few are chosen and then to be offered a scholarship is just so wonderful.

The thing is that you are now happy and you have a loving family plus Queenie. You have survived a lot of things and you came out on top with nary a mean bone in your body.

If I was rich I would buy those math books for you, TFW.

Oh, you're so sweet, Ketabcha. Yes, back in 1963, the only way you could get into Rice was through a scholarship. They didnt have paid students back then -- so getting accepted there was a big deal. I had won the Texas Chemical Council Award for Mathematics that year and got a lovely engraved slide rule (does anyone even know what those are anymore?), which I missed almost as much as my set of books when I got out of the convent. I dont blame my mother for what she did, though. I figure that she must have gone through a lot worse to have been the way she was.

Edited to add that I should be held responsible for the life decisions I made after leaving the convent. I had lost my chance at Rice, but I could have gone to the Univ of Houston and gotten a good education there. Nobody forced me to get on the back of that motorcycle with that dashing goateed (oh, did my mother die over that) young man. Marrying a man I barely knew and riding to Colorado on his motorcycle "ruined" my life just as much as giving up Rice for the convent.

Last edited by TFW46; 12-17-2011 at 01:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff