Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,890,657 times

Advertisements

I wonder why? Because of the groupon thing? I get a local e mail on that.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 AM

43,854 posts, read 50,867,688 times
A forum is only allowed two sticky's and since one had to be posted regarding Groupon Deals...the Freebie Chat will not be a sticky, but should still be able to easily be found since we post on it fairly regularly through out the day/night. (Explanation: People were posting Groupon Deals in their specific area forums (state and city), but Admin would prefer they all be posted in the Free/Deals/Sales Forum. The directive on HOW to post them helps keep things neat and tidy. I only post the ones that are NATIONWIDE, but there are great sales just available to local areas.)

Last year, we had a local Groupon Sale that allowed people to get the Sunday newspaper (where I work) for a year for $10. Of course, now the year is over and GOOD LORD those people are complaining about paying a discounted, yet higher, price. I mean, how CHEAP do they think a paper can be put together, printed and delivered. So, I doubt we'll offer such a thing again.

Anyway, back to the mindless chatter...........

I found a NINJA Mailbox as the FUN MAILBOX of the Week.
Now, I don't know if this is a person or a manneqin...but I bet it would keep Mr/Ms Mailman from dipping into our stash.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/102609_144900.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
A forum is only allowed two sticky's and since one had to be posted regarding Groupon Deals...the Freebie Chat will not be a sticky, but should still be able to easily be found since we post on it fairly regularly through out the day/night. (Explanation: People were posting Groupon Deals in their specific area forums, but Admin would prefer they all be posted in the Free/Deals/Sales Forum.)

Anyway, back to the mindless chatter...........

I found a NINJA Mailbox as the FUN MAILBOX of the Week.
Now, I don't know if this is a person or a manneqin...but I bet it would keep Mr/Ms Mailman from dipping into our stash.
If that were here someone would shoot it. Would think it's being robbed, probably because of the hoodie.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
If that were here someone would shoot it. Would think it's being robbed, probably because of the hoodie.
Same here. We would all think it was a drug deal.

My bedroom window overlooks the bridge over the Econlockhatchee River. All hours of the night, there are always people on that bridge on bicycles.
I mentioned this to the kids.....who told me that was how drug deals were done because they can get out of the area fast if need be. I'm such a
dunce, I thought they were out on bikes to get in shape.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:25 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,702,421 times
Good Morning everyone

I think if that guy is real I wouldn't approach the mailbox...LOL

GB I never look for stickys anyway I subscribe so I just click on each day.

Wow TFW you are one lucky lady because you could have been mauled. Good for you for stopping those dogs...I would have probably just peed my pants..........ooops did I say that outloud????

Old 01-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
GB I never look for stickys anyway I subscribe so I just click on each day.
As long as I've been a CD member, I've never subscribed to any forums or threads. I just click around daily like a crazed woman. Guess I should give it a try...............

Old 01-10-2012, 10:49 AM

I'd never find anything if I didn't have a list. I cant find my way around sometimes even with the list.

I'm going to miss the sticky...

Old 01-10-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:

My bedroom window overlooks the bridge over the Econlockhatchee River. All hours of the night, there are always people on that bridge on bicycles.
I mentioned this to the kids.....who told me that was how drug deals were done because they can get out of the area fast if need be. I'm such a
You have to be in good shape to run form the fuzz!!!!

Old 01-10-2012, 11:30 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,488,074 times
I put neosporin and band aids on it every day for well over a month......it's all pink now and the nail is uneven because I lost so much of it and the skin off the tip of the finger......and it is so sensitive because so much skin has had to grow back.....and you know how it is when you have band aids on something for too long and no air gets to the skin...... Stupid apple machine and stupid me for not realizing how sharp it is.

I grew up working jigsaws, mostly on my grandma's card table......I have a card table, but it is kinda padded and I wanted a hard surface, so that is why I bought the board...... I have our huge (former house) kitchen table down in the basement, (our 'new' kitchen is too tiny for that table, so we put our 'old' kitchen table in the 'new' kitchen.......are you keeping up? ROFL!!!! The 'old' kitchen table is a round table that seats 4 and 2 more if you really need it, but the HUGE table seats 8 and maybe 2 more if you really need it) Anyway, the huge kitchen table has a big lazy susan in the middle of it, (it doesn't stick up, it just twirls around---picture a big table in a Chinese restaurant), so that is why I wanted a board....

Yea, GB, you chew on a bean......they usually look like chocolate covered raisins/peanuts/etc......you just eat one or two for energy.....they crunch in the middle.........

TFW, you are wise with dogs......you are the dog whisperer....... Thank gawd that dog loved those treats! Rotts are one big muscle...... My brother lived up in the mountains and had one named Rose.....I only saw her as a puppy and she was the sweetest thing.......but as she grew older, I heard she really protected their property and there was no way I would have entered their land unless they were there.....

Old 01-10-2012, 11:49 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,488,074 times
Quote:

Even though there were plenty of drugs in our generation, (and I've got a few years on you---I am definitely a child of the Haight-Ashbury era), we tend to think on the innocent side......some of the stuff that goes on today is such an eye opener for us.... On my f/b, I subscribe to a meth site.....I think it comes from MT, can't recall......it shows all the stuff that meth does to the body, and boy, does it do it fast......I knew about rotten teeth, loss of weight, etc., but I didn't know how it affected the skin..... I knew it was highly addictive, but you are pretty much hooked after 1 or 2 uses..... Quite a few addicts give testimonials......so many of them started when they were junior high.... My girl was such an innocent in junior high....she was not a partier and never has been. In between homework, math tutors, piano and swim team she didn't have a whole lot of spare time.... She turned 22 in December.......except for an occasional glass of white wine or margarita, she is still a 'good girl'..... We lived in a very affluent area and things could have easily gone the other way......she is not perfect, but my husband and I feel so lucky....

I drank my fair share when I was young, but I never messed with drugs. My mom was a nurse and said, 'do you want to have a baby with no arms?', so that pretty much put me on the right path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff