Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 04:20 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
It wasn't that big of a disaster... just rained the entire time! The park was just not friendly at all the way they treated everyone in our group. Then when we were packing up, a spring broke of the front foot of the motor home. no biggie, hubby went all McGiver on it and we'll fix it later.

Sorry about that, Camper. We had steady rain here from mid-day Friday through mid-day Sunday. On Saturday the rain was fierce! My garage even flooded from rain blowing in sideways through the tiny area between the overhead garage door and the inside garage walls.

I didnt mind the bad weather, as we still need rain and I didnt have to be anywhere. But I cant imagine being in a motor home through that.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Sorry about that, Camper. We had steady rain here from mid-day Friday through mid-day Sunday. On Saturday the rain was fierce! My garage even flooded from rain blowing in sideways through the tiny area between the overhead garage door and the inside garage walls.

I didnt mind the bad weather, as we still need rain and I didnt have to be anywhere. But I cant imagine being in a motor home through that.
An adventure!!!!! That's how you have to see life sometimes. But we were pulled straight in and we just feet away from the edge of the ocean!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 08:21 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post

I know... each and everyone of you missed me soooooo much.....
Yeah, we seriously weren't sure if we would make it through the weekend......................

Old 03-12-2012, 08:22 PM

The time change has me all messed up. I don't know whether to take a pill, eat or smoke.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
OMG! I had the patio french door open for Queenie to go in and out while I was on the computer today. About 6;00 PM she came over to me, panting and in obvious distress. I decided to go close the door and what did I see in the living room -- a mockingbird! A dive-bombing mockingbird!!

I spent 3.5 hours trying to get him out of the house. It would have made a very funny movie if I hadnt been so scared of his dive-bombs. Once, when he dive-bombed me, I fell over backwards and hit my head and back on the ceramic tile.

He kept flying from the garden window to different ceiling fans and had no intention of leaving the house. I googled HOW TO GET A BIRD OUT OF THE HOUSE and did everything suggested -- but, with just one person here, nothing worked. I tried spraying him with wasp spray, in an attempt to slow him down so I could throw a towel over him. All that did was make him mad and he dive-bombed me even more. Then I got locked out the house (dont ask how) in my sheer nightgown and had to go around to the front door to get back in.

Finally, I decided to just let him stay in the living room and deal with him tomorrow. So I came into the computer room and there he was on my computer. When he saw me, he flew right at me and dive-bombed me again. I closed the door and called my brother-in-law, a good ole country boy who knows how to handle critters. He came over and finally shooed the bird out the door.

Now I have a big mess (wasp spray everywhere, flower pots overturned, and I dont even want to think about the hidden bird poop). Gonna be a long night....

Old 03-13-2012, 12:10 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,529,294 times
Quote:
OMG! I had the patio french door open for Queenie to go in and out while I was on the computer today. About 6;00 PM she came over to me, panting and in obvious distress. I decided to go close the door and what did I see in the living room -- a mockingbird! A dive-bombing mockingbird!!

I spent 3.5 hours trying to get him out of the house. It would have made a very funny movie if I hadnt been so scared of his dive-bombs. Once, when he dive-bombed me, I fell over backwards and hit my head and back on the ceramic tile.

He kept flying from the garden window to different ceiling fans and had no intention of leaving the house. I googled HOW TO GET A BIRD OUT OF THE HOUSE and did everything suggested -- but, with just one person here, nothing worked. I tried spraying him with wasp spray, in an attempt to slow him down so I could throw a towel over him. All that did was make him mad and he dive-bombed me even more. Then I got locked out the house (dont ask how) in my sheer nightgown and had to go around to the front door to get back in.

Finally, I decided to just let him stay in the living room and deal with him tomorrow. So I came into the computer room and there he was on my computer. When he saw me, he flew right at me and dive-bombed me again. I closed the door and called my brother-in-law, a good ole country boy who knows how to handle critters. He came over and finally shooed the bird out the door.

Now I have a big mess (wasp spray everywhere, flower pots overturned, and I dont even want to think about the hidden bird poop). Gonna be a long night....

Is he building a nest in the back yard? I wonder if Queenie went near it..

I had a CA. friend was very afraid of birds......one got stuck in her chimney one time and we had a helluva time getting it out.....it got stuck back behind the burning area of the fire part of it.....she was hysterical.

I am glad you didn't get knocked out when you hit your head.......

Old 03-13-2012, 12:12 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,529,294 times
Sorry you had a crummy weekend, Campie.

Happy Birthday to your boy, GB!

It is going to be @ 70 here all week........starting to gear up for gardening on top of everything else....next week it'll be back down to 50ish.....

I got my LG front load washer at Best Buy, Starr......maybe they are having some good sales right now for you...

Old 03-13-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:

You poor thing! I've had birds in the house before but never one that attacked me! How's your head ?!!

Old 03-13-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Sorry you had a crummy weekend, Campie.

Happy Birthday to your boy, GB!

It is going to be @ 70 here all week........starting to gear up for gardening on top of everything else....next week it'll be back down to 50ish.....

I got my LG front load washer at Best Buy, Starr......maybe they are having some good sales right now for you...
It wasn't a crummy weekend, just WET!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 08:23 AM

Oh gosh TFW...for some reason I just pictured the whole thing in my head and it was just hilarious!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/woodpeckermighthavetogo.jpg (broken link)

I'm sort of a redneck kind of girl.....I would've gotten out the fly swat and that would've been his last peck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff