Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 09:15 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,529,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Sorry for being so MIA here lately. Haven't been online anywhere much. Had to get a shot in the shoulder again. It's been hurting like a sailor on Sunday morning.

I have been doing my every 5 year house cleaning. Took down the shear panel curtains in the living room, decided to just throw them out and vacuumed the wooden blinds then washed the windows, moved on tho the dinning room and did the same thing. Then all the other rooms. Tearing all the bathrooms apart and cleaning everything. I have no idea whats gotten into me because it's spring and I'm fixing to open all the windows. No good comes of cleaning. I'm going to hurt all over tomorrow. Deciding if I should just make it worth it and have a few dozen frozen pouch drinks or a few cases of beer with a box of wine...

I need a hobby..... or a boy toy. Maybe a boy toy with a hobby... Hubby won't mind if it means I will leave him alone.

Did I mention that they increased my meds again...

Seriously guys.... did have to get the injection in the shoulder again and have been doing all the cleaning I've mentioned but just not been getting on line much. I need to get back into my groove. My mind just seems to wander this time of year. It will come home soon. Just think of it like a flat Stanley on vacation. Hope it brings good pictures.
Cortisone?

Old 03-15-2012, 09:19 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Cortisone?
Yep.😱

Old 03-15-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I've been on a binge reading survivalist stories. It started with a little known book The World Ends at Hickory Hollow. From there I went to Alas, Babylon. That was a couple of years ago. I've read so many of them now that I keep a journal so I won't buy a book I've already read.

I found that I have started to hoard food. So I watch "Hoarders" to make sure I don't go off the deep end. On "Doomsday Preppers" I saw a gadget that one prepper invented. It weighs around 5 pounds and does everything except cook and wash. I almost went looking for it on the internet and suddenly said "Whoa! What are you doing?" I do tend to be O/C about some things and I thought about this deciding I was nuts.

So, what I decided to do was eat all the food and take a nap.
Are you hoarding anything sweet? I'll be right over if you have something good!

Old 03-15-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Yep.��
Oh man.........that burns like a s o b going in....... My dad got it in his spine a few times.....and I have some friends who have gotten it in their knees, too....of course, you feel great like you can do anything and then you damage the owie....

Do you have burcitis? (sp) Bursitis? (I forgot how to spell it and I'm lazy right now) Torn muscle?

Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 PM

Well, we ate out at a Viet restaurant tonight...... We had it in D.C. one time in an upscale area and it was good...... This place, in Fort Collins, was good, too, so we will go there again.... It is kinda Chinese food with French influence.....

Old 03-15-2012, 10:13 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
OUCHIE...those cortisone shots hurt. I imagine you got a cocktail shot: cortisone and a painkiller.

I had two of those in the area of my knee some years ago. I had crawled into the doctor's office and was able to dance out. Of course, when he gave me the shot into the area that was so badly swollen, I almost hit him. The pain was unbelievable but it did the trick. I had to have another shot a month later but the area wasnt swollen any longer and it didnt hurt nearly so much.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I've been on a binge reading survivalist stories. ... I found that I have started to hoard food.

Are you reading the survivalist stories and hoarding food because of 2012? Or just because it's interesting reading? I knew people who stockpiled food for 2000 but I havent known of anyone who's taken 2012 that seriously.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:20 PM

400 posts, read 498,320 times
if 2012 will happen i'll just camp inside a super walmart

Old 03-15-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
on ebay, I found a man who sells plastic beer mugs/steins ...

I didn't even know that they had MRI's in those days.......gosh, how did they get you to stay still tfw?

What would we do without eBay? My life would be much less interesting (and I'd have a lot more money in my bank account).

OOPS -- it wasnt an MRI -- it was an EEG. Sorry about that! I had it done at the Veterans Hospital in San Antonio in 1948. I remember their putting the electrodes on my scalp, but not much else about the test. I was such a good girl (remember, I had a tough German mother who was much more fearsome than any machine) that they had no problems with me at all.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:54 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Happy Fourth Star Party to Wurzig!!!!

Here is the party link:
//www.city-data.com/forum/commu...l#post23430977

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff