Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 11:14 AM

43,854 posts, read 50,867,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post

I save my $$ for filling up the motor home.
Geeze....bet THAT is getting expensive these days.
Due to National Park Day, all the National Park Apps for iPhones and such are FREE for a limited time in the free April iPhone/Android thread. You may want to check them out for future travels.

I've GOT to buy myself a fancy phone. I have a cheap prepaid cell phone
used only to follow Russell Crowe on Twitter.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:15 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,209,732 times
I ventured out today to run some errands and thought I had entered a war zone. I can't believe what these tornadoes did and I didn't hear any of it. 5 blocks from me a row of houses was nearly flattened. One of the families had an in ground pool in their back yard and that thing was sucked out of the ground and landed a few yards over. It looks like a giant bathtub.

Upon returning from the post office I found that I had to show the police an ID to prove I lived in this neighborhood. There are so many bulldozers around that it looks like a monster truck rodeo. If you think Texans are crazy in pickup trucks you should see them in bulldozers.

The cable finally came back up this afternoon and I was able to see what those tornadoes were doing. Those flying semis looked like something out of a scifi movie. It's so strange to see big "Disaster Area" signs all around here. They've confirmed 14 tornadoes.

Then our gov. Perry flew into Lancaster looked around and said "Well, I guess we can see that tornado season is not over." He didn't come on over to Arlington in in my way of thinking that is proof positive that there is a God.

Pardon my language but our governor is such a dumb a$$. Perry, you idiot, tornado season has not even begun in this part of the state. It does not start until mid May and it ends in October.

Okay, rant over.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:46 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,283,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Then our gov. Perry flew into Lancaster looked around and said "Well, I guess we can see that tornado season is not over." ... Pardon my language but our governor is such a dumb a$$. Perry, you idiot, tornado season has not even begun in this part of the state. It does not start until mid May and it ends in October.

Ketabcha, I can just imagine what things look like up there. I remember going out after Hurricane Ike hit here and thinking it looked like a war zone too.

And I'm sorry but I had to laugh out loud at Perry's comment. He really is a dumb a$$.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:52 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,209,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Ketabcha, I can just imagine what things look like up there. I remember going out after Hurricane Ike hit here and thinking it looked like a war zone too.

And I'm sorry but I had to laugh out loud at Perry's comment. He really is a dumb a$$.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Old 04-05-2012, 06:52 PM

OH Oh Oh! I may have found another computer! (UPS did pick up the other one yesterday and is returning it to Amazon.)

Anyway, one of my biggest dreads is setting up the new computer with all the fonts, sizes, colors, etc that I have on my current one. I came across another Gateway on Amazon in which you can apparently just remove the hard drive from your old computer and slide it into one of the front-facing hard-drive bays of the new computer.

If I do that, wont all my bookmarks, emails and especially my page setups migrate to the new computer without my having to do anything else? Someone please say yes!

Here's the review that gave me the idea (and, yes, my old computer has a SATA drive):

This machine is the fastest PC I've ever owned. The front-facing hard-drive bays make it easy to migrate your old PC, as long as you have SATA drives. Just pull the hard drive out of your old PC and slap 'em in the new one, right through the front panel of the case. Easiest hard-drive swap you'll ever do, and all your files are there.

Edited to add that I just posted this question in the Computers forum.

Last edited by TFW46; 04-05-2012 at 07:04 PM..

Old 04-06-2012, 09:04 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,890,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I ventured out today to run some errands and thought I had entered a war zone. I can't believe what these tornadoes did and I didn't hear any of it. 5 blocks from me a row of houses was nearly flattened. One of the families had an in ground pool in their back yard and that thing was sucked out of the ground and landed a few yards over. It looks like a giant bathtub.

Upon returning from the post office I found that I had to show the police an ID to prove I lived in this neighborhood. There are so many bulldozers around that it looks like a monster truck rodeo. If you think Texans are crazy in pickup trucks you should see them in bulldozers.

The cable finally came back up this afternoon and I was able to see what those tornadoes were doing. Those flying semis looked like something out of a scifi movie. It's so strange to see big "Disaster Area" signs all around here. They've confirmed 14 tornadoes.

Then our gov. Perry flew into Lancaster looked around and said "Well, I guess we can see that tornado season is not over." He didn't come on over to Arlington in in my way of thinking that is proof positive that there is a God.

Pardon my language but our governor is such a dumb a$$. Perry, you idiot, tornado season has not even begun in this part of the state. It does not start until mid May and it ends in October.

Okay, rant over.

Rant away, I don't think anyone from Texas will jump up and argue the point. He's so embarrassing sometimes. Just think he could have been Pres.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:03 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,890,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
OH Oh Oh! I may have found another computer! (UPS did pick up the other one yesterday and is returning it to Amazon.)

Anyway, one of my biggest dreads is setting up the new computer with all the fonts, sizes, colors, etc that I have on my current one. I came across another Gateway on Amazon in which you can apparently just remove the hard drive from your old computer and slide it into one of the front-facing hard-drive bays of the new computer.

If I do that, wont all my bookmarks, emails and especially my page setups migrate to the new computer without my having to do anything else? Someone please say yes!

Here's the review that gave me the idea (and, yes, my old computer has a SATA drive):

This machine is the fastest PC I've ever owned. The front-facing hard-drive bays make it easy to migrate your old PC, as long as you have SATA drives. Just pull the hard drive out of your old PC and slap 'em in the new one, right through the front panel of the case. Easiest hard-drive swap you'll ever do, and all your files are there.

Edited to add that I just posted this question in the Computers forum.
Glad you found something!!! Wish I could help but I need a glass of milk every time I clean my cookies.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:05 PM

Happy Friday!

Started posting this morning and the utilities went off, then the utilities came back on....but the internet didn't. It's windy and we are having storms through out the area...who knows what happened??? Anyway, all seems well now.

TFW....I don't know anything about putting in new computer parts. I hope the folks over in the computer forum will be able to help. My computer knowledge only goes so far as to how to buy a new one on sale.

I guess I better start posting since I'm so far behind.

Our governor isn't a WIZ either. I have long lost my trust in politicians. What a bunch of blow horns.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:16 PM

I thought this was so cute.
Does anyone know what kind of animal it is?
I sort of want one.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/2w5j76w.gif (broken link)

Old 04-06-2012, 01:29 PM

I think it's a lemur. They are cute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff