Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 12:37 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times

Advertisements

I googled it and it does look like a ring-tailed lemur:

Pet Lemur - YouTube

Old 04-06-2012, 12:53 PM

Isnt this baby lemur cute? I dont know if they're especially good pets but they are fun to watch:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/PetLemur.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-06-2012, 01:32 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I googled it and it does look like a ring-tailed lemur:

Pet Lemur - YouTube
Heck, those rum wild here. I have them in my attic. I can hear them running around sometimes. Little buggers have chewed the wiring a few times. We've trapped two of them in the live traps and turned them loose in the woods. They're really cute until they're pissed and scared. Will tear you up.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:18 PM

You're right, Camper. I dont know anyone who has one so I dont know, personally, if they're especially good pets. I read that, if they're neutered by the age of 6 months and hand-raised, they can be nice. But, as a rule, they're not the best choice, especially in a small house. They're somewhat like squirrels/monkeys in that they like to leap to and from small trees. You can buy those multi-tier cat play things and several up for a lemur -- however, that takes space.

But that video Glory posted is darling.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:23 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I thought this was so cute.
Does anyone know what kind of animal it is?
I sort of want one.
I was watching a documentary on TV a while back and it was about a family who took care of baby lemurs for a zoo in the US. These little critters are so sweet untile riled and almost cat-like.

Love the video, GB. It's just precious.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:27 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Happy Friday!

Started posting this morning and the utilities went off, then the utilities came back on....but the internet didn't. It's windy and we are having storms through out the area...who knows what happened??? Anyway, all seems well now.

TFW....I don't know anything about putting in new computer parts. I hope the folks over in the computer forum will be able to help. My computer knowledge only goes so far as to how to buy a new one on sale.

I guess I better start posting since I'm so far behind.

Our governor isn't a WIZ either. I have long lost my trust in politicians. What a bunch of blow horns.
The Florida governor is an idiot, too. That guy is ruining all the natural beauty of the state. I worry about Florida's waterways, too.

Okay, I'll cease and desist on politics but I do watch Florida environmental issues with great concern. It gives me something to worry about.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:26 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I ventured out today to run some errands and thought I had entered a war zone. I can't believe what these tornadoes did and I didn't hear any of it. 5 blocks from me a row of houses was nearly flattened. One of the families had an in ground pool in their back yard and that thing was sucked out of the ground and landed a few yards over. It looks like a giant bathtub.

Upon returning from the post office I found that I had to show the police an ID to prove I lived in this neighborhood. There are so many bulldozers around that it looks like a monster truck rodeo. If you think Texans are crazy in pickup trucks you should see them in bulldozers.

The cable finally came back up this afternoon and I was able to see what those tornadoes were doing. Those flying semis looked like something out of a scifi movie. It's so strange to see big "Disaster Area" signs all around here. They've confirmed 14 tornadoes.

Then our gov. Perry flew into Lancaster looked around and said "Well, I guess we can see that tornado season is not over." He didn't come on over to Arlington in in my way of thinking that is proof positive that there is a God.

Pardon my language but our governor is such a dumb a$$. Perry, you idiot, tornado season has not even begun in this part of the state. It does not start until mid May and it ends in October.

Okay, rant over.
Now you know why we needed to hear from you........we saw those flying tractor trailer thingies right after it happened......I forgot how much each weighed........several tons.....

Old 04-07-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Heck, those rum wild here. I have them in my attic. I can hear them running around sometimes. Little buggers have chewed the wiring a few times. We've trapped two of them in the live traps and turned them loose in the woods. They're really cute until they're pissed and scared. Will tear you up.
Are you kidding? I see those in zoos........I thought they were native to somewhere like Australia or Africa or in the Amazon or somewhere like that........(too lazy to look it up)

Old 04-07-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Isnt this baby lemur cute? I dont know if they're especially good pets but they are fun to watch:
This looks like a furbee......do you remember that movie about 10 or 15 years ago? Every time they dropped a wad of fur, another one formed.....

Old 04-07-2012, 12:34 AM

I know I'm early, but in case I don't get back on:

Happy Easter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff