Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 AM

15,893 posts, read 18,205,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
She posted on the Dancing With the Stars TV thread a few minutes ago so I'm sure she's ok -- and up late (or early) like I am.
Oh Gosh, I thought I had posted here that the storms missed us. We had some rain but not a deluge and no hail nor tornadoes. Knock on wood.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Can't believe I'm so excited about going to my parent's house for the weekend...or as Izzy puts it.....me and nanny's vatacation.
I think it is going to be a wonderful visit and I am pleased as punch that you are getting out of town.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:01 AM

43,854 posts, read 50,853,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I think it is going to be a wonderful visit and I am pleased as punch that you are getting out of town.
Yeah, a whole two hours north of me.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:08 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,486,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
She posted on the Dancing With the Stars TV thread a few minutes ago so I'm sure she's ok -- and up late (or early) like I am.
Just so we know she's okay......!

Old 04-17-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Oh Gosh, I thought I had posted here that the storms missed us. We had some rain but not a deluge and no hail nor tornadoes. Knock on wood.

GOOD! How's the pool doing? No snakes, I hope......

I miss our pool, but not the upkeep....we had a pool guy come once a week, but I was out there doing stuff with it all the time..... Pools are not plentiful in CO......we have two at our exercise club and that's good enough for me..(let somebody else take care of them....)....they drain the one outdoors during the winter.....

Old 04-17-2012, 11:39 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,886,607 times
Quote:
Hey, I can step into the next room and have a good vacation.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I'm glad, too! A change of scenery will do you good and I'm sure your parents dote on little Izzy so you'll get plenty of help with him. All you do is work, work, work and keep your revolving doors open for your kids, so enjoy your mini 'tacation'.....

I am trying to re-arrange my girl's stuff in her bathroom storage area......(since she is going to be bringing a load back).......I haven't even put away the stuff I brought back at spring break......(gonna have to find a storage area in the basement for a lot of her stuff....not like she is going to be using her little ice box, tv, etc).

I am so angry at myself.....Bed, Bath had a sale on some pull-out wire baskets a few weeks ago....when I checked them out, they were too small for what I neeed, so I found some others in the kitchen area, (but I planned to use them under bathroom sinks), that have a shelf on top and then a basket underneath...trying to utilize 'open/wasted' space here...they were not cheap, but I was loaded with my coupons, etc., so I ordered 5.....(they were out of stock except for the floor model). And of course, you have to 'build' them, which took me forever.....and then my husband took one and tried to put it under his sink and the water pipe thingie was sticking out too far and at first he said it didn't fit and then he finally maneuvered it to fit....he put a bunch of vitamins, etc., in his...they don't weigh a lot...he hasn't complained.. I haven't even gotten around to trying to place mine under my sink yet......I figured if it doesn't fit, I'll put some under kitchen sinks, laundry room sinks, etc......

SOOOOOOO, yesterday I finally got motivated and placed one in my girl's linen-type-of-closet in her bathroom......figured the pull-out basket can have her perfume and lotion in it and maybe all the sunscreen stuff can sit on the top.....(I also bought this expensive $14.00 drawer liner roll that is thick plastic..supposed to be used for kitchen cabinets, never have to replace it for the rest of your life kind-of-stuff.....I figured I'd use it in the baskets in case anything ever leaks, so I cut a piece of that off and placed it in the basket)...well, the linder stuff is ribbed one one side and the perfume topples over....I took the liner out and the perfume still topples over.... I thew it in there anyway and it turns out that it's one of those things that once the stuff is in the basket it's almost too stinking hard to pull out......GRRRRRRR! It's almost like I need to rub a candle or soap in the groove where the drawer rolls out but it's not that type of stuff......it's chrome and there are no rollers..the drawer is just stuck in a groove and you pull it out......

This all reminds me of our huge (former) kitchen table that seated at least 8 and 10 if you needed it.....(it's now in the basement near the bar where the first owners had a pool table)... It has a lazy susan in the middle of the table, just like in a Chinese restaurant......however, once you put a bunch of bowls on it, it's too danged heavy to twirl around......

SOOOOOOOOO, yesterday afternoon, I went to Wally and bought some inexpensive little rectangular baskets, 2 sizes, in the kitchen area.....I'm just going to put her perfumes, etc. in those.... I'll use the pull-out baskets elsewhere....... SO ANNOYING!

Old 04-17-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
GOOD! How's the pool doing? No snakes, I hope......

I miss our pool, but not the upkeep....we had a pool guy come once a week, but I was out there doing stuff with it all the time..... Pools are not plentiful in CO......we have two at our exercise club and that's good enough for me..(let somebody else take care of them....)....they drain the one outdoors during the winter.....

No snakes yet. But, honestly I am rarely in the back yard. My pool guy takes care of it. If I had do-overs I probably would have it installed again because I used it a lot in the 80s and 90s. I rarely use it now. I'm supposed to stay out of the sun due to a scrip I take. Plus, I am lazy.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,853,077 times
Wurzig, the cool thing about baskets is that you can always find the perfect use for them eventually.

Do you guys remember 15-20 years ago when hanging weaved baskets all over the place was all the rage?
I had such an awesome collection that I had picked up from various antique shops.
I thought my house looked so cool. Of course I thought that spiral perm I got looked cool too.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Wurzig, the cool thing about baskets is that you can always find the perfect use for them eventually.

Do you guys remember 15-20 years ago when hanging weaved baskets all over the place was all the rage?
I had such an awesome collection that I had picked up from various antique shops.
I thought my house looked so cool. Of course I thought that spiral perm I got looked cool too.
Yep, I had redwood weaved baskets......had to have good hooks though because they were fairly heavy. I grew things in brandy barrels, too....sometimes you bought them with a tiny bit of brandy in them.... I don't think I had any macrame hanging basket thingies....

Well, I bought another peach tree today......this one self-polinates...... I bought this fake plastic brown dirt stuff that you put on top of the dirt.....it's woven..kinda looks like thick astro turf...food and water can get to the tree...there is a hole in the middle for the trunk...I also bought that stinky dog stuff that you sprinkle to keep animals away........ I also bought that black dirt lining stuff so that weeds won't grow.....maybe I should put that around the trunk and hammer it down instead of the brown stuff...you keep it down with these giant staple thingies....h*ll, he might tear them all out.... I was going to buy super-duper fencing material this time, but I don't know how to do it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff