Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 08:14 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times

Advertisements

Hi, my dear friends. Sorry I've been absent but I hate posting that I'm not feeling well -- and there isnt too much else going on in my life right now.

I have several surgeries lined up but the most pressing one is the same lis franc repair that I had on my right foot -- this time on my left foot.

It means another 5-6 months of no-weight-bearing, not being able to get into my small bathrooms (so having to use the bedside commode...arghhh), no leaving the house (even to go out on the patio or into the garage) and, of course, ramming the newly-repaired walls and doorways with my wheelchair.

My daughter cant take Queenie like she did last time -- so we'll have to deal with that as we can. The date depends, again, on my bloodwork. Last time the surgery was delayed for three months because of my gout and bad kidneys. It looks like the same deal this time.

So, if you could say a prayer, or do what you do, that I dont have to wait three months again this time, I'd really appreciate it.

I still havent caught up on reading this thread, so please forgive me and dont think I'm ignoring you. I've tried to keep up with posting the daily deals and congrats on new stars earned -- and a few short posts on another forum. I shouldnt be posting anywhere, though, because being in so much pain makes me quite irritable. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Old 05-17-2012, 09:43 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
TFW.....

Hang in there tfw...and don't feel pressured to post if you don't feel like it. We all understand!!!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:46 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
So glad you checked in. We MISS YOU!!!! Check in when you can. I hope someone near by can help with Queenie and that you can have your surgery soon.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post

Fire in the Rockies near my house....we can see it rising off the mts. like a big campfire...the smoke is here, now, too.......thought I left all this behind in S. CA. sigh. It was a dry winter here....I hope this is not the beginning of a bad, bad summer.... We had a small thunder storm blow thru about 2 hours ago, but not enough to put it out.... It started a few days ago......not anywhere near being contained......
Isn't that sort of scary? I bet it's pretty to look at from a distance though.

I was living in Jacksonville, FL when they had the two really bad forest fires. The wind would blow the smoke in and the air was so thick until it was making people sick. It just floated around like a fog.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Isn't that sort of scary? I bet it's pretty to look at from a distance though.

I was living in Jacksonville, FL when they had the two really bad forest fires. The wind would blow the smoke in and the air was so thick until it was making people sick. It just floated around like a fog.
It was scary as hell last year when we had all those fires here. I could see smoke from the front porch!

Old 05-19-2012, 07:49 AM

Happy Saturday!!

I was going to work an extra Saturday, but changed my mind. All my car stuff ended up being about half of what I expected, so I'm staying home. I work with someone who has Universal tickets for sale for 4 people for $160....I'm going to buy those. It's cheaper than an annual pass and I can just pay for Izzy's kid ticket each time. (Putting him in a stroller with a blanket passing him off as 2 won't work any longer........)

Employees at theme parks get guest passes they can use or sell. So it's a legitimate purchase if you get them from someone.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. I guess I better get my posting caught up so I can goof off the rest of the day.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:53 AM

Have fun!!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2012, 12:12 PM

Man O man, I wish you guys were closer!! I'm going to have 4 days of nothing but floating on the crystal clear river in the sun next weekend!!!

then again in two weeks, and again in two weeks and again in two weeks!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2012, 01:36 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Man O man, I wish you guys were closer!! I'm going to have 4 days of nothing but floating on the crystal clear river in the sun next weekend!!!

then again in two weeks, and again in two weeks and again in two weeks!!!!!!!

Rub it in, Camper.

Floating on the river sounds so awesome. I'll bet the water has healing power. Dip your feet once or twice for me, ok.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Rub it in, Camper.

Floating on the river sounds so awesome. I'll bet the water has healing power. Dip your feet once or twice for me, ok.
Aw, I didnt mean it that way.....

yes, when your floating ( we call it frogging cuz you look like a frog somethings) absolutely nothing hurts at all. You just let go of your mind and....

Steve Azar - I Don't Have To Be Me ('Til Monday) - YouTube

I'm the one in blue!!! That magic door is the door to my motor home.

I'll dip everything for you TFW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff