Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 06:46 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,283,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Strawbarrita anyone?? it's FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!

Me! Now that I'm retired, every night is Friday (or Saturday). I have an open bottle of champagne. Come on over!

Old 09-21-2012, 08:13 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,890,657 times
I wish!!! We could have a nice little party!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:17 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,657,641 times
Did I hear PARTY

Old 09-21-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrainman View Post
Did I hear PARTY
Yep! And we don't have to worryy about driving home!!! Or spelling ...

Old 09-22-2012, 12:23 AM

I've got room for everyone (if you dont mind sleeping on air mattresses and doggie beds). Or we could just drink champagne all night....

Old 09-24-2012, 07:56 AM

15,893 posts, read 18,209,732 times
I just returned from a trip to visit friends in Seattle. What a gorgeous part of the country.
We had so much fun and did so much walking. It was one of the best vacations I have ever taken.
The air up there is so clean and flowers are everywhere. Big flowers. Big shrimp. Even the cloves of garlic are huge. Folks are friendly, healthy and full of life.

We flew American and were worried that the flights would be late or canceled but that was not the case at all. Everything was perfect and I was singled out to be searched by security. I am ALWAYS searched. I finally asked a few years ago about it and was told I was picked for two reasons:
1. My last name and
2. I look like the "typical" American.

It's really no big deal. These days I find it quite funny. And, frankly, I appreciate the fact that it makes me feel safer on planes.

One year we flew to Las Vegas. For the return trip I had packed all my socks. So, I just pulled out the first pair I ran across in the suitcase and they happened to be orange. I was dressed in all black. At security I took of my shoes and the agent, who was a really gorgeous guy, looked at me and said "Are we celebrating Halloween early?" when he saw the socks. LOL

Old 09-24-2012, 12:13 PM

What a great vacation, Ketabcha!

I used to live in West Seattle -- back in the 1970's, when my kids were young. (I was there at the opening of the very first Starbucks.) What a wonderful place Seattle is. I miss it to this day and, if I had the $$$, that's where I'd retire.

My older daughter and I went back there a few years ago. We spent a week visiting old haunts: the Public Market, the harbor and the 125-year-old house I owned (I bought it for $40,000 and today, with no improvements, it's appraised at $400,000.) I wondered if Seattle would live up to my memories, but it did and then some.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:26 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,209,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
What a great vacation, Ketabcha!

I used to live in West Seattle -- back in the 1970's, when my kids were young. (I was there at the opening of the very first Starbucks.) What a wonderful place Seattle is. I miss it to this day and, if I had the $$$, that's where I'd retire.

My older daughter and I went back there a few years ago. We spent a week visiting old haunts: the Public Market, the harbor and the 125-year-old house I owned (I bought it for $40,000 and today, with no improvements, it's appraised at $400,000.) I wondered if Seattle would live up to my memories, but it did and then some.
I was very impressed with Seattle. We took the Underground Seattle tour and it was so interesting. Pike's Market was so much fun. The population is so diverse and laid back. Very casual. Everyone seemed to have a dog with them and those pups went everywhere. I felt so healthy there. The seafood was fantastic. Grilled salmon soup, crab chowder. Yum.

We drove up to Snoqualmie Falls and it was gorgeous. Those scarves are just perfect for keeping the neck warm. We also went to the Chihuly glass exhibit. I've seen it at the Belagio and in Dallas but this permanent exhibit was mind blowing.

We also went to a cocktail party/grand opening of Flor. The food was yummy and I had two glasses of cucumber soda (sparkling soda). I liked it so much that I got the brand name and just ordered a case from Amazon. It was so refreshing.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:43 PM

So many people live in the apartments/condos around Pike Place Market and their dogs are welcome everywhere. My daughter and I saw more sights in the week we visited than we did in all the years we lived there -- maybe that's normal but I thought it was sad that we had been there all those years and never saw some of the more interesting sights.

What brand of cucumber soda did you like so much? I like the Knudsen brand a lot but am open to trying others.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I was very impressed with Seattle. We took the Underground Seattle tour and it was so interesting. Pike's Market was so much fun. The population is so diverse and laid back. Very casual. Everyone seemed to have a dog with them and those pups went everywhere. I felt so healthy there. The seafood was fantastic. Grilled salmon soup, crab chowder. Yum.

We drove up to Snoqualmie Falls and it was gorgeous. Those scarves are just perfect for keeping the neck warm. We also went to the Chihuly glass exhibit. I've seen it at the Belagio and in Dallas but this permanent exhibit was mind blowing.

We also went to a cocktail party/grand opening of Flor. The food was yummy and I had two glasses of cucumber soda (sparkling soda). I liked it so much that I got the brand name and just ordered a case from Amazon. It was so refreshing.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! If I live ling enough see our retirement, I would love to travel in the motor home and Seattle is on my list! I'm a Texas girl at heart but would love to see some actual seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff