Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 05:25 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times

Advertisements

. Trying to use thenew Nook tablet anditshardto type on here!!! Lol!!!

Old 12-02-2012, 10:51 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
Campie, did the owner live in a nearby house?

tfw, we have direcTV here.....no other choice. We had Cox in S. CA. Cox is cable and you very seldom have issues.

We have that little space ship disk thingie on our house and it filled up with heavy snow one time and we lost the signal.....and I think we lost it a time or two again, but it wasn't snowing..... When the signal is lost, and it finally wants to reset, it takes a few minutes to reload.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:39 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
I called DirecTV and got a price for their "introductory special" but couldnt get them to quote me a price for after the special expires. I asked my next-door neighbor, who has DirecTV, and she said it costs them $120/month for just the basic channels. Yikes. Comcast charges me @ $70/month for its cable. I have no complaints about the cable service with Comcast -- I just hate it that the price keeps going up every few months. I guess I'll stick with Comcast until I get totally fed up with the increasing fees.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:15 PM

I don't know what our bill is........but we have tv, phones and puters all tied into a bundle......

Well, I have to kinda eat my words....the UPS truck dude has rung the bell for the last 2 days.......HOWEVER, it is a seasonal helper who rings it, not the regular driver....

Old 12-06-2012, 02:05 PM

Okay, I'm making progress here---starting to get out some of the ornaments for the tree......he only wants the blown glass ones this year.

I had a fun day yesterday with a neighbor friend.....we hit sales, especially early birds at Macy's! She and I are really into deals and coupons!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:05 PM

In October we had freezing temps for 3 days and then it went back to 70's weather for at least another month. I lost a lot out in the garden. I tried to save a lot of watermelons--picked them, lifted them over a fence, put them into my big wagon, hauled them over the field and stored them in the garage. Anyway, a day or two later I got a stiff neck and shoulder.....probably due to lifting enormous melons over the fence. We had house guests and were on the go a lot, so I would put a little Salon Pas on the back of my neck after taking a shower and off we'd go. My neck would sting a lot, but I didn't have the time to pay attention to myself......well, I tore the skin off and it took weeks to heal. My back and neck have been feeling numb for a few weeks. I figured I have a pinched nerve. I feel the numbness when I use the back brush in the shower. The scary thing is that I've been getting quick sideways lightning bolts across the back of my neck for close to a week now....they feel the same as if you are wearing a necklace and catch your hair in it when you turn your neck, only a bit stronger. WELL, I FINALLY went to the dr. yesterday and she instantly knew what it was. I forgot the term but I have torn (in half) a nerve in the neck area. The lightning bolts are ends of nerves trying to grow back and reconnect. If they do not connect, I'll have the numbness for the rest of my life. She said it takes 3 to 6 months to heal, if it heals at all. There is no medicine for this, no exercises, no nothing.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 AM

Sigh. My 98-year-old mother passed away on Friday. She went very peacefully -- she just stopped breathing She'd had dementia for @ 20 years so it was a blessing that she no longer has to endure what had to be a horrible existence (especially for the time that she was aware of what was happening to her mind). I always thought I'd be so grateful when she was released from this world but I now find myself so very sad --and I'm not sure why.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:00 AM

Wurzig, I'm so sorry about your torn neck nerve. I pray that it will heal and you wont have any lingering aftereffects.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 AM

And, despite the fact that I got the flu shot a couple of months ago, I ended up getting the flu a week ago. Although it's been terrible, it was a much lighter case than normal. My mother's funeral will be Wednesday so I'll be well enough to attend -- but, had it been last week or even this weekend, I wouldnt have been able to go.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:52 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,804,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Sigh. My 98-year-old mother passed away on Friday. She went very peacefully -- she just stopped breathing She'd had dementia for @ 20 years so it was a blessing that she no longer has to endure what had to be a horrible existence (especially for the time that she was aware of what was happening to her mind). I always thought I'd be so grateful when she was released from this world but I now find myself so very sad --and I'm not sure why.
My condolences TFW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff