Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 08:18 AM

4,583 posts, read 4,272,147 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
Hope your holiday went well! This past week and a half was exhausting. I finally made it to the Island. Now to decompress. Take care!

Old 12-04-2010, 10:23 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.....wherever they are!

Old 12-04-2010, 04:51 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,317,833 times
Wow-long day today-Christmas Shopping.Our kids are coming for Christmas. We will do gift cards for the mall and cash-BUT the biggest pain in the neck is stocking stuffers!!

Old 12-05-2010, 09:45 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I know TFW has really had some health issues lately....not sure about Gand. I was wondering the same thing when I sent her a Thanksgiving note. I know someone else who used to post on here is having some computer issues and can only post from the library until she can get it fixed. I guess there are all sorts of reasons why people aren't posting at certain times.

I agree.....I miss hearing from them!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. The kids and I had such a great time at Sea World. It wasn't crowded at all and the weather was perfect.

One of the biggest surprises was all the Christmas decorations already up!! Then when we went on the seasonal Christmas themed Polar Express ride to see the polar bears and other cool arctic sea animals, they had a real ice wall to touch (yeah, we are from Florida and it was a big deal...) and a SANTA! My grandson was so excited.

I'll post a pic as soon as my son downloads them off of his phone.
I was in the mall at Halloween and it was already decorated for Christmas.....even Santa's huge tree and his chair were there.....it disgusted me......gearing up for the almighty dollar..... ANd we went back a week or so before Thanksgiving and Santa was already there! Elves, camera, etc......grrrrrr!

Old 12-05-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Where are all the Freebie Peeps?
You are too much, GB! LOL

I haven't been on at all....I got on for about 5-10 minutes last night and left about 2 comments and that was it...

The past week or so has sucked.....daughter #2, (not really my daughter, but she lives with us), got hit by a hit and run....while she was pulling over to the curb, they took off... ...it was dark, she didn't get a license....whiplash. Then she had a flat at UCI.....I ended up buying her 2 tires on Friday, (not in my already tight budget, but we need her safe and we are the best parents she has)....my close friend's mom is extremely ill in the hospital, (I haven't talked to her today to find out how she is....I'm almost afraid to call), my other friend who fell and broke and cracked a lot of bones has been released from the convalescent joint, but she is in a lot of pain every second of the day.......my next door neighbor moved out on his wife and 3 kids and decided that he needs to play house with his secretary...... Today we had another open house and the long Bic lighter was malfunctioning and when I lit the gas fireplace, it sent out a ton of hot air, (at least it wasn't fire), and it instantly singed my hair, bangs and hairs in my nose.. ...everything happened so dam*ed fast.....I had on my glasses and the hot air raced up under them but at least I kept my eyelashes and brows....so, tomorrow, I have to drive down to have an emergency appointment with my sister-in-law (hairdresser), to see what she can save....I can not believe that this happened to me! It's a wonder I didn't end up in ICU! Another boy in our area died of a drug overdose. That makes 5 in the past year. We bought a very expensive 9-ft. artificial tree today that has the lights already on it and one string was shorted out......I had to take it back to the store in the lightning and rain. My husband is sick with a cold and I might be getting it 'cuz I sure feel run down.....

Every year and I mean EVERY year, we go to a big tree farm early in the morning the Saturday before Thanksgiving and the kid, husband and I cuss and discuss and eventually agree on a tree...(to be delivered later in the month)...we then take the kid's pic by the tree....this has been a tradition since she was a baby. She is still in Montana and won't fly home until the 17th.....we could NOT bring ourselves to go to the farm this time.....we could NOT! He and I were so depressed.... Well, you have to go at 7:00 in the morning on opening day if you want a good one, (when they open up the gates, a stampede of people run in....it's comical but annoying that anybody would do this for something that is just gonna die after they pay big bucks for it), so we said forget it..... Today, we bought our first fake one...it's very pretty, (now that it works---luckily they had another one and the kid opened it up and I traded the section that malfunctioned).... We really didn't want to buy a fake one....we like to smell a real one, etc., and a fake one is heavy and just another big box to move if we ever move.....but we could NOT go to that farm without the kid!

I wrote this all in one breath!

Old 12-05-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbytabby View Post
hello all,
hope your holiday went well! This past week and a half was exhausting. I finally made it to the island. Now to decompress. Take care!

Old 12-06-2010, 06:51 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
You are too much, GB! LOL

I haven't been on at all....I got on for about 5-10 minutes last night and left about 2 comments and that was it...

The past week or so has sucked.....daughter #2, (not really my daughter, but she lives with us), got hit by a hit and run....while she was pulling over to the curb, they took off... ...it was dark, she didn't get a license....whiplash. Then she had a flat at UCI.....I ended up buying her 2 tires on Friday, (not in my already tight budget, but we need her safe and we are the best parents she has)....my close friend's mom is extremely ill in the hospital, (I haven't talked to her today to find out how she is....I'm almost afraid to call), my other friend who fell and broke and cracked a lot of bones has been released from the convalescent joint, but she is in a lot of pain every second of the day.......my next door neighbor moved out on his wife and 3 kids and decided that he needs to play house with his secretary...... Today we had another open house and the long Bic lighter was malfunctioning and when I lit the gas fireplace, it sent out a ton of hot air, (at least it wasn't fire), and it instantly singed my hair, bangs and hairs in my nose.. ...everything happened so dam*ed fast.....I had on my glasses and the hot air raced up under them but at least I kept my eyelashes and brows....so, tomorrow, I have to drive down to have an emergency appointment with my sister-in-law (hairdresser), to see what she can save....I can not believe that this happened to me! It's a wonder I didn't end up in ICU! Another boy in our area died of a drug overdose. That makes 5 in the past year. We bought a very expensive 9-ft. artificial tree today that has the lights already on it and one string was shorted out......I had to take it back to the store in the lightning and rain. My husband is sick with a cold and I might be getting it 'cuz I sure feel run down.....

Every year and I mean EVERY year, we go to a big tree farm early in the morning the Saturday before Thanksgiving and the kid, husband and I cuss and discuss and eventually agree on a tree...(to be delivered later in the month)...we then take the kid's pic by the tree....this has been a tradition since she was a baby. She is still in Montana and won't fly home until the 17th.....we could NOT bring ourselves to go to the farm this time.....we could NOT! He and I were so depressed.... Well, you have to go at 7:00 in the morning on opening day if you want a good one, (when they open up the gates, a stampede of people run in....it's comical but annoying that anybody would do this for something that is just gonna die after they pay big bucks for it), so we said forget it..... Today, we bought our first fake one...it's very pretty, (now that it works---luckily they had another one and the kid opened it up and I traded the section that malfunctioned).... We really didn't want to buy a fake one....we like to smell a real one, etc., and a fake one is heavy and just another big box to move if we ever move.....but we could NOT go to that farm without the kid!

I wrote this all in one breath!

I don't even know what to say....

Old 12-06-2010, 07:31 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Oh Dear Wurzig.

What a load of problems. Getting your daughter off to college in the fall was even a downer since she was sick on the way. The incident with the key, the entire episode was the pits. Then not having her with you when she turned 21....

I'm glad your other "daughter" is safe with y'all. What a lucky young lady she is. And, frankly, it's a gift that you have her with you especially at this difficult time. She fills up some of the hole in your life.

Thank goodness you are not a crispy critter with the fire malfunction. I'm sorry you and your hubby are sick. I've had the flu since Thursday and it is not fun.

I remember telling you last summer that the house would sell by the end of the year. It looks like I was wrong. Darn it!

Take good care of yourself. Things are bound to turn around, Sweetie.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:29 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Am I the only one who found this to be a hilarious freebie.....
Free Bag-n-Tag Doe in Heat Scent Pack for Hunters

Old 12-06-2010, 09:39 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Am I the only one who found this to be a hilarious freebie.....
Free Bag-n-Tag Doe in Heat Scent Pack for Hunters

Well, thinking about it I would expect to see it written on a wall in some joint's bathroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff