Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 05:45 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times

Advertisements

My legs are so sore from walking yesterday! We actually got home a little before 9PM, but I was too pooped to post.

My grandson was so much fun. He got excited over the signs and the character shaped bushes. Finally when we got passed the ticket area, my daughter excitedly told him we were at Disney World...we all peered into his face to see his reaction and he calmly says "I know.". We felt like idiots. We thought we were playing him and he was playing us. He said he knew it when he saw the water tower with the Mickey ears on the road.

Since we all bought our season passes, we didn't try to do everything yesterday. We did a few favorites, watched a day parade and tried to just enjoy the day. It is almost impossible to do Disney in a day. But....the weather was fantastic and the crowds weren't bad at all. Only once did we have to wait 30 minutes for a ride. For Disney, that is a really short wait.

We are such theme park aholics...until we are discussing going to another one of Disney's parks on Sunday.

OK...I better go check for freebies!

Good Morning to Everyone!!!

Old 02-25-2011, 08:25 PM

OK....I guess I can post all by myself.

-----------------------

I won't be online until tomorrow night. I'm going out of town to visit an old friend and plan to leave early in the morning. I found as many freebies as I could tonight!!

Thanks to everyone who helped out in posting Freebies. We all really appreciate it.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:48 AM

So where IS everyone?

I was away for most of the weekend. Went to visit a friend out of town for Saturday, then took my grandson to the Animal Kingdom Theme Park yesterday. We enjoyed the day, but I think it was a little much after just going to Disney World on Thursday. I don't know how people survive doing the theme parks for a week at a time! I met some really nice folks from North Dakota though. They saved up for 4 years to take this trip with their kids. They were having such a great time!

What did everyone else having going on?

Last edited by GloryB; 02-28-2011 at 06:29 AM..

Old 02-28-2011, 07:03 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times
I had to rest all day to prepare for the Oscars. Colin Firth won so my life is now complete. Of course, when Benicio del Toro won for "Traffic" I also thought my life was complete. I guess at some point it must have become incomplete. I hope I have a long way to go before an actor winning an Oscar will complete me again.

I've only been to Disney World/Epcot once. It was in '82 or '83. I loved it. My favorite part was Epcot. Those pavillions were amazing.

I know it has changed a lot since then and I do plan to go again in the future.

I woke up to a Charlie Sheen interview this morning. Would someone tell me why anyone actually cares what that creature has to say.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:18 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,997,958 times
I had an Oscar party all by myself last night. Hubby and daughter went to their annual basket ball night out.

I thought the show was a little slow this year. Does there seem to be a few more technical awards lately? I know they are just as important if not more that the actors themselves but they sure aren't as fun.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:22 PM

O.K. GlroyB, let's chat!

Old 03-01-2011, 06:25 AM

Here's MY chat....

I had some neighbors who moved. When I came home last night I saw they had thrown a bunch of stuff in the trash area. Apparently, they had run out of uhaul space. I got some plastic plants, a tree, a riding toy for my grandson and some other odds and ends. I have no pride. Seriously.

Anyone else ever do this or am I the Lone Dumpster Diver???

Old 03-01-2011, 09:57 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,394 times
Great posts and thanks for the laughs.

GloryB I have gone dumpster diving but not for good things. A few years ago at our family Christmas party we were getting ready to leave and I realized that my glasses must have gotten thrown away. This was the same year at the party my antique necklace my aunt had given me for my wedding was missing (she had received it as an engagement gift). We did find it. Well for my dumpster diving adventure in search of my glasses I had on a dress and high heels. Not a pretty sight when you are gagging in a dumpster but they had gotten rolled up in the dirty tablecloths and we had to go through about 12 tables worth of them before we found them..I never saw a bunch of people pull out of a parking lot so fast trying not to make eye contact with me...LOL My godchild stopped and jumped in there with me.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:40 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Here's MY chat....

I had some neighbors who moved. When I came home last night I saw they had thrown a bunch of stuff in the trash area. Apparently, they had run out of uhaul space. I got some plastic plants, a tree, a riding toy for my grandson and some other odds and ends. I have no pride. Seriously.

Anyone else ever do this or am I the Lone Dumpster Diver???
Think of it this way, GB, you are saving the landfill.

Plus, the little guy gets a nifty riding toy.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:53 PM

I never actually been IN a dumpster . I'm not sure i could haul my butt out if I ever got in but I'm not to good to pick something up like that. These days it's called recycling. Good for you for adopting the stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff