Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 08:55 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Love, love, love your list, Ketabcha! I like the rain too and we really need it as well. But in tonight's bad storm I lost power 5 times -- 4 times for brief periods, and the 5th time was for 2+ hours. I keep a large flashlight in my nightstand and stood it on end for a little light. Then I got out my battery-operated Sharper Image fan and used that to keep from getting too miserable. The last time the power went out was 6.5 years ago in Hurricane Ike -- and that was for almost 3 weeks, so I wont complain about a couple of hours.

Good luck in your search, Flamingo!
We lost power a couple of times for less than 10 minutes. The third time it was out for 2.5 hours. That was around midnight. I have battery powered camping lanterns in several rooms. I was able to read until I went to sleep. I have a battery operated fan, too, TFW. We need on in Texas, don't we. It was cool here so I didn't have to use it but it is nice to know I have it just in case.

More storms coming in this evening.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:10 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times
Quote:
More bad weather. Camper's area is getting really bad rain/thunder/lightning right now -- and it's on its way to me. Oh well, at least I can stay inside. Hope Camper isnt out camping somewhere.
Nope. Home bound for awhile. My new granite counter tops come in two weeks. Have most everything moved out of the living room, the rest is wrapped in plastic. Time to patch the walls and paint. No camping for me until June. Will soooo be worth it.

We only got a few drops of rain last night. Can you believe it?! Had friends down at the coast under a tornado warning and they were stuck in a motor home, right on the water!!

Old 04-18-2015, 04:14 PM

Stupid grass keeps growing!!!!! I don;t have tome for this! lol. We arent used to haveing live grass here. Oh well, won't be long before it does and we're complaining about the heat and everything dieing.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:23 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Apparently the TX weather is supposed to make it here Mon. w/possibility of heavy rain, tornadoes, etc. - of course, it's still early and things change often.

I am ready for bed, forced myself to go out and do major yard cleanup (there are a TON of trees and even though I raked, bagged leaves last fall and hired someone who went through w/a leaf blower and bagged up more) - I still managed to get 9 stuffed lawn & leaf bags full, swept off the deck (my poor deck needs replaced but got ripped off for that by contractor who went out of business a few yrs. ago - got misc. things organized.... I probably won't be able to get out of bed tomorrow! LOL

Update on my friend that had the lobectomy: her latest biopsy from that procedure was clear but they still want her to go through radiation (5 days/week for 4 weeks) and she is still in a lot of pain

Old 04-19-2015, 02:44 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Camper, you're so lucky that the worst of that storm Friday night bypassed you. Good luck on your remodeling! It's hard to live through but you're right -- it's SO worth it in the end.

Ketabcha, it sounds as though you had the same experience that I did Friday night. Small storms came through again last night but nothing at all like the night before.

Flamingo, great news about your friend. Sorry that she's still in pain and it seems as though the docs should be able to give her something for it -- but a clear biopsy is the best news for which anyone could hope. And, if the Friday night storm is on its way to you, dont bother doing any more yard cleanup until after it's gone.

Old 04-19-2015, 02:54 PM

883 posts, read 519,036 times
Hello, have not been here in years..where is GloryB??

Old 04-19-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulceJ View Post
Hello, have not been here in years..where is GloryB??
Howdy! No one knows for sure about GloryB but we all hope she is happy and thinks of us often...

Old 04-19-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Camper, you're so lucky that the worst of that storm Friday night bypassed you. Good luck on your remodeling! It's hard to live through but you're right -- it's SO worth it in the end.

Ketabcha, it sounds as though you had the same experience that I did Friday night. Small storms came through again last night but nothing at all like the night before.

Flamingo, great news about your friend. Sorry that she's still in pain and it seems as though the docs should be able to give her something for it -- but a clear biopsy is the best news for which anyone could hope. And, if the Friday night storm is on its way to you, dont bother doing any more yard cleanup until after it's gone.
I'm ok with rain but hate storms!! I'm ok they missed us.

Flamingo, wishing the best for your friend.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:56 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
And more bad storms moving in now -- should be in my area in less than an hour. So will close out my desktop computer in case I lose power again.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:42 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Sad update on my friend: she went into the hospital Fri. morning (didn't find out until today) - heart again - possible cardiac cath. tomorrow (she said they were trying to schedule it and I told her to let me know and if she wanted me to go in, I would as she told her husband to go to work - she's worried he must be so behind. Haven't heard back yet today but I'm guessing that her husband would still want to be there).

Stay safe TFW!! We're supposed to get heavy wind/rain over night, then letting up until afternoon and then it might be bad. I see Wilmington (one place I've considered moving to) is under a tornado watch (I may be rethinking that, LOL)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff