Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 03:55 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times

Advertisements

Here are my ramblings, LOL

Hoping we'll get some rain here (although I will then need to cut the grass - things are really crispy out. Realized I shouldn't have stayed up to watch the Pirates game because that put me past my "sleepy" period, I was then wide awake - bummed because Marlboro didn't offer free movie tickets this year for birthday (they did last year), I don't go to movies (too expensive) - but two free tickets would have been nice. I'm starting to get it together to replace the toilet guts, bought the stuff, read the instructions, etc. - haven't tackled it yet though.

TFW, my hair looks terrible, I hadn't kept it up at all (I've mostly had shortish hair but sometimes let it grow), when I went to NC to see the cousins she wanted me to see her hairdresser, I did - got highlights and a cut (too expensive but I do like covering the gray, LOL) but it's more work than I'm willing to do (I'm a wash, comb, gal - miss the days when I got a perm when those were in) - it's looking crappy now but I just don't want to spend the big bucks that they charge - your hair will grow I'm sure (did you go to a new place? maybe you have to get used to it? In my experience, even Hair Cuttery, etc. tries to do something that makes them happy).

OK - done rambling - hope you all are doing well (and still hoping that we get at least some rain here).

Old 08-24-2015, 05:41 PM

7,043 posts, read 6,293,948 times
Hair, at least mine, goes through an awful looking stage until it grows out. Just spritz some conditioner on it a couple times between lashings. A trick I read on facebook.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:52 PM

No idea what a lashing is as it relates to hair.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:59 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
It's what I look like I got when I get my hair cut to short!!!!!

Old 08-25-2015, 09:09 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post

It sounds like my very-short hair when I first get up in the morning, before I've run a brush through it (actually, it's so short that I can comb it with my fingers).

Old 08-25-2015, 03:03 PM

I like "comb with my fingers" hair - mine has grown out of the cut I got, it's got lots of layers but for the most part, I can get a 1" ponytail, LOL

Old 08-25-2015, 11:11 PM

400 posts, read 498,320 times
So, today I check my Facebook and go to the other folder. I received a message from. Woman to stay away from her husband Omar. I don't even know a person named Omar nor seeing anyone. This just cracks me up!

Old 08-26-2015, 08:23 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina S View Post
So, today I check my Facebook and go to the other folder. I received a message from. Woman to stay away from her husband Omar. I don't even know a person named Omar nor seeing anyone. This just cracks me up!
That is so weird and it also is kinda' scary.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:50 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Happy September, everyone! Before you know it, it will be Fall. Where does the time go?

Queenie is still alive and kicking. She's started coughing a lot, which is one of the signs that her congestive heart failure is nearing the end -- but she's lived longer than any of her doctors have predicted so I'm not counting her out just yet. It hurts my heart, though, to hear her coughing. it was a year ago last week that she bloated and had emergency surgery and then died the next day but was brought back by the emergency vets. Where does the time go?

Cant wait for cooler, wetter weather. I've always had trouble dealing with the Houston heat but either it's getting hotter or I'm getting less tolerant (maybe both). Houston has had some rain lately but none in my area for the past couple of months, so my backyard hedges are looking puny. However, the weather forecast predicts lots of rain over the coming weekend. I hope they're right. We dont need a hurricane but a nice slow-moving tropical storm would be appreciated.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:31 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Happy September, everyone! Before you know it, it will be Fall. Where does the time go?

Queenie is still alive and kicking. She's started coughing a lot, which is one of the signs that her congestive heart failure is nearing the end -- but she's lived longer than any of her doctors have predicted so I'm not counting her out just yet. It hurts my heart, though, to hear her coughing. it was a year ago last week that she bloated and had emergency surgery and then died the next day but was brought back by the emergency vets. Where does the time go?

Cant wait for cooler, wetter weather. I've always had trouble dealing with the Houston heat but either it's getting hotter or I'm getting less tolerant (maybe both). Houston has had some rain lately but none in my area for the past couple of months, so my backyard hedges are looking puny. However, the weather forecast predicts lots of rain over the coming weekend. I hope they're right. We dont need a hurricane but a nice slow-moving tropical storm would be appreciated.
Happy September to you to TFW! Big hug to you and Queenie. You guys have been to hell and back so many times.

It's almost over!! Carpet goes in tomorrow then it's just finish work like base boards and blinds. There was one major accident, someone dented the hell out of my refrigerator door but the company is accepting responsibility for the damages. I'm going to withhold final payment until it's all resolved. Hope they don't give me a hard time. When all the dust is cleared and everyone goes away I'm going to jsut sit on my porch and wait for a cold front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff