Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 10:13 AM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times

Advertisements

No need to apologize! I feel your pain.. hope she's doing better and better every day (and nothing grows back/biggier)

Old 05-18-2016, 08:08 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,000,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I apologize for bringing the money part of Lulu's surgery into my post yesterday. I wrote it in the heat of the moment, right after Lulu and I got home from the vet's clinic and the bill was fresh on my mind. By the time I thought better of it, it was too late to edit the post.

Lulu has accepted the e-collar a little bit better this morning. She usually loves the camera but really didnt want herself to be memorialized in this condition:
What a sweetie!!!!

No need to ever apologize here. You are among friends. Anything is open for discussion. Think of us a free therapy. I hope she gets better soon. I'm with her on these storms. We've been pounded a few times here in the last few weeks. The drive way is jsut mush. Had to move where we park the motor home for awhile while we spread some crushed rock. It's nothing but ruts right now.
I swear I will never get used to all this green!!

Old 05-19-2016, 11:20 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
What a sweetie!!!!

No need to ever apologize here. You are among friends. Anything is open for discussion. Think of us a free therapy. I hope she gets better soon. I'm with her on these storms. We've been pounded a few times here in the last few weeks. The drive way is jsut mush. Had to move where we park the motor home for awhile while we spread some crushed rock. It's nothing but ruts right now.
I swear I will never get used to all this green!!

^^^ What Camp said.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:14 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Thanks so much, Flamingo, Camper and Ketabcha.

The past couple of days have been rough. The vet increased the Xanax dosage for Lulu's thunderstorm anxiety, but it isnt helping at all. She went crazy during the bad storm yesterday. I gave her her meds and closed her up in my bedroom -- she clawed at the door and banged her head (wearing the elizabethan collar) against all the furniture for more than an hour. She was so active that she even opened up a little area on her abdominal stitches.

Now that the storm has passed, she's feeling better. Last night she ran down the hall and leaped into her dog bed from at least 5 feet away. Then she looked up at me with a big smile on her face. Of course, I gave her a treat for being so cute. Big mistake. She repeated the run-down-the-hall-and-leap-into-her-bed two more times, with the smile getting bigger each time. I finally had to close the bedroom door (with her and me in the bedroom) so we could get some sleep. And the leaping didnt help her stitches either. Except for storms, she acts as though she doesnt have a care in the world. I have a lot to learn from her about how to put one's worries aside.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:29 AM

There was a story on the news about a new med. for dogs that have a problem w/storms - sorry I didn't catch the name though - might want to check into it?

Old 05-20-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
There was a story on the news about a new med. for dogs that have a problem w/storms - sorry I didn't catch the name though - might want to check into it?

Thanks so much, Flamingo. I'll ask my vet about it. He says he doesnt want to give me any med that will knock Lulu out toally but that may be what she needs. In my 40+ years of owning dobermans and my 25+ years of teaching dog obedience (both household and competition), I've never come across a dog who had storm phobia as badly as Lulu does. My heart just breaks for her.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:56 AM

I did a quick search and found this article, might be it? New anti-freakout drug promises to calm dogs during fireworks, thunderstorms | The Charlotte Observer

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/nationa...ud-nois/nrNy5/

Old 05-24-2016, 04:51 PM

Thanks so much, Flamingo. I'm going to ask my vet to get this drug when I take Lulu in on Thursday to get her sitches out.

I think I told youall how well the drug Apoquel has worked to control the 24/7 itching from her grass allergy. Well, it turns out that her oral papillomas (huge warts) are due to the Apoquel. Oral papillomas are the result of a compromised immune system and Apoquel is an immunosuppresant. Another oral wart/papilloma has already popped up in the past day. So now I have to decide whether to take her off the Apoquel or keep her on it and deal with those ugly oral warts growing large enough to interfere with her eating and maybe necessitating regular sugeries to remove them.

I had promised to post a photo of Lulu in her inflatable collar -- but she ran through the hedges in the back yard while chasing after that pesky squirrel and ripped a hole in the collar. So she's back to wearing the elizabethan collar. She doesnt mind it at all anymore but, oh, my poor knees, doors, wall corners and furniture. You can see how banged up the collar is.
Attached Thumbnails
Freebie chat part 3-lulu-one-week-after-surgery-1.jpg  

Old 05-24-2016, 06:19 PM

Wont let me rep. you again - maybe this new drug will work? (fingers crossed)

Old 05-24-2016, 07:06 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,000,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Thanks so much, Flamingo. I'm going to ask my vet to get this drug when I take Lulu in on Thursday to get her sitches out.

I think I told youall how well the drug Apoquel has worked to control the 24/7 itching from her grass allergy. Well, it turns out that her oral papillomas (huge warts) are due to the Apoquel. Oral papillomas are the result of a compromised immune system and Apoquel is an immunosuppresant. Another oral wart/papilloma has already popped up in the past day. So now I have to decide whether to take her off the Apoquel or keep her on it and deal with those ugly oral warts growing large enough to interfere with her eating and maybe necessitating regular sugeries to remove them.

I had promised to post a photo of Lulu in her inflatable collar -- but she ran through the hedges in the back yard while chasing after that pesky squirrel and ripped a hole in the collar. So she's back to wearing the elizabethan collar. She doesnt mind it at all anymore but, oh, my poor knees, doors, wall corners and furniture. You can see how banged up the collar is.
Poor Lulu!! I feel her pain. My poor Bruiser ( 5 lbs) suffers from constant itching and allergies all year long. A sneeze sends him flying on the new floors. I'm lucky in the fact that I can usually just pick him up to stop the starching or put a sweater/ t shirt on him. Also the Benadryl helps a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff