Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2018, 10:01 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times

Advertisements

Oh wow!! I can see my motor home parked right under that big tree!!!!
I'm so glad you enjoyed your time and will be going back. I have no right to even comment becasue I disappear for so long at a time from here but I can't even imagine coming here and not seeing your post. But on the other hand I do hope you move and just enjoy the peace and your daughters company.

Post as many pictures as you can when ever you go.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:55 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I'm so glad you enjoyed your time and will be going back. I have no right to even comment becasue I disappear for so long at a time from here but I can't even imagine coming here and not seeing your post. But on the other hand I do hope you move and just enjoy the peace and your daughters company.

What a joyful post, Camp. I have a huge smile on my face just reading it.

p.s. I miss you. Show your face here more often and I'll keep up the compliments.....ROFL

Last edited by Ketabcha; 04-26-2018 at 05:08 PM..

Old 04-26-2018, 05:49 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post

Thanks, Camper! There are a lot of giant trees there and any of them would accommodate a motor home.

I promise to post more photos each time I go back. Next time will be next month or maybe 6 weeks from now, depending on my doctor appointments. I think I'll check out the doctors nearest to that area next time for when I finally do move. I need to pay off some old medical bills before I can move so it may be a while.

My youngest grandson (24 years old) lives with my daughter. She buys untrained horses and he trains them and sells them for a profit. He's an awesome chef too and cooked all our meals. He's still trying to figure out what career field he wants to go into and will stay with her until he does. If being a chef werent such a hard field to break into he'd do that and be very successful at it.

I agree with Ketabcha -- I so enjoy your posts and wish you could post more often.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:36 PM

Awe, you guys make me feel so good!!!

Well, the arm still isn't working like it should. I can just barley raise it and it's still painful when I do use it. The DR, PT and I agreed that it was time to part ways. Where I do agree in the PT, it get does get to a point where you can do everything at home that they are doing for you. I'm just a slow healer. The Fibro gets in the way. Was the same thing with my left arm when I had the rotate cuff surgery 10 years ago. Was well over a year before I could use my arm again.
It's really frustrating in the new (to me) motor home becasue it's so dang tall. I have to either carry my foot stool around or ask Hubby to reach everything. I'm not a short person ( 5'8)

Lol!! I'm trying to type this and it's getting dark in here. As you can tell I don't know the keyboard very well!!

I LOVE my new puppy Baxter. I still cry every day for my Bruiser and feel a little guilty becasue I love the new little guy so much but I just take it day by day.

I just keep on keeping on.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:58 AM

Camper, I dont recall your having posted about losing Bruiser. I went back and searched your posts but the last one I found that mentioned Bruiser was back in 2016. I'm so sorry. When you're up to it, can you share what happened?

And please dont feel at all guilty about loving little Baxter. I totally understand the feeling, as I felt guilty about bringing Lulu home less then 2 months after losing Queenie, who was the love of my life. But love isnt exclusive -- it can be shared multiple times and not be diminished any of those times.

Sorry that you're still dealing with arm issues. I know, from personal experience, how irritating that can be, especially if physical and occupational therapy dont seem to help.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:01 PM

It about torn me up to loose my baby. He was such a big part of my life for so long. It was about 9:00pm on October 9th when he started coughing and having hard time breathing. Darren was holding him and comforting him while I grabbed my shoes and purse to take him to the emergency hospital and his little heart just stopped beating. Both of us just stood holding him and crying for the longest time. My daughter and son in law and just left from having dinner here and she'd been holding him like always. Nothing was different. No warning signs at all. The hardest call I've ever had to make was to tell her he was gone. He's in the back yard now, under his favorite tree. I talk to him and still cry for him every day. He was only 4 1/2 pounds but was the biggest heart I've ever know.

One a brighter note....

I was holding Baxter awhile ago ( as I am now) and decided to give him a bath. That little bugger decides to just chill and lay down!! He turns into a big pile of NO bones at all just laying down in the sink while I bath him. This dog is so chill it's unbelievable. Till he decides to eat your face!!!!

Old 04-29-2018, 04:56 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
I'm so sorry for your loss of Bruiser, Camp. Our pets are members of the family and to lose one is just as painful. Baxter sounds like a keeper. He may turn out to really like baths. Some dogs to but none of mine ever did. LOL.

And I don't care what anyone says about I believe we will meet our pets again.

It's so good to hear from you.

Old 04-29-2018, 05:18 PM

Im so sorry about Bruiser, Camper. And, like Ketabcha, I believe that we'll be reunited with our pets again. In fact, I've started to almost believe in reincarnation and could swear that some of my beloved pets have come back to me -- Queenie truly was the heart and soul of a beloved dog I had in the 1990s and Lulu is the exact image of a rescue dog I had in the 2000s.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:20 AM

Ketabcha, he loves his baths!! As long as he stays small and I can hold him with one hand in the sink all is well. He's about 4 pounds now and seems to have slowed down if not stopped growing. For now at least anyway.

Oh, I do believe we will all meet again and I can see Bruiser just loving Baxter as much as I do.

We've had some beautiful weather here this year. Nice cool nights and the days not to hot or humid but looks like that could change. Summer is a coming.

Are any of ya'll seeing fireflys yet? We are seeing tons!! Looks like its going to be a great summer for them.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:58 AM

No fireflies in my area, Camper. But, then, I never see them here -- too much civilization, I guess. I'll be anxious to see if I can see them at my daughter's place next time I go.

I wish you could post a photo or two of Baxter -- and even one or two of Bruiser. I love seeing other people's pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff