Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 11:56 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Arghhh...I think I've got the flu. I got a flu shot at Walgreen's in August but I know it may not cover all strains of the flu. I have a headache, aching all over, especially arms, legs and chest, freezing although temp in the house is 72, thermometer says 101.7. Maybe the flu shot will protect me from getting too sick. At least I dont have to go anywhere this week.
Oh no!! Hope your a little better today.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:58 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Thanks so much, Flamingo and Camper. I'm feeling a little better today. The last time I had the flu, I hadnt gotten the flu shot and I was deathly ill. It was Christmas Eve in the mid 1990s. I couldnt even stand up to feed my dogs so I had to crawl around the house. I had my daughter take me to the ER and, natch, it was full (being Christmas Eve) -- all the chairs were occupied so so I lay on the disgusting floor. Ever since then I've gotten the flu shot. And now I could see how well it works -- I was sick but not nearly so sick as I could have been.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:29 PM

Yeah, I'm considered "high risk" becasue I have Fibro and of course now I'm almost old I have to get the shot. Fingers crossed, so far so good.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:05 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
I'm so glad you are feeling better, TFW46.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:48 AM

Still feeling crummy but wanted to wish everyone Happy Valentine's Day. And, if Lulu could send Valentine's wishes, they'd look like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Freebie chat part 3-valentines-dogs.jpg  

Old 02-14-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Still feeling crummy but wanted to wish everyone Happy Valentine's Day. And, if Lulu could send Valentine's wishes, they'd look like this:
Aw, was so hoping you'd be on the mend by now. Happy Valentines day to you and Lulu!

Hubby got me a contractor for Valentines day!! We finally picked someone to start repairs after the fire plus about a thousand other little things that needed doing. We took a chance and went with the little guy. Fingers crossed. He's been done work on a few other houses in the neighborhood and so far so good.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:15 PM

Thanks, Campie. I'm still under the weather, but feeling much better than I was the first and second days.

What a nice hubby you have! I hired a little-guy contractor for all my remodeling back in 2007-2008 and was so happy with him. Hr was a perfectionist and really treated my home as if it were his own. I wish the same good luck for you. Be sure to take a lot of before and after photos that he can use on his website or to show future potential clients. And please keep us updated on how the repair/remodeling is going.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:01 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Hoping you all are doing well and those in the path of the weather that's been happening are safe!

I now have a PSA, LOL - I had gotten an All-Clad pot holder that had the silicone strips, etc. and it has a slot on one side for pot handles. Well!! I never use the cast iron skillet as it's super heavy but I tried this recipe for a whole cauliflower in one so I have it a shot - when I went to take it out of the oven I thought the handle had gone into the slot but no.... I touched the incredibly hot handle w/my bare fingers - I eventually got the thing out of the oven and the slot for the handle is just cotton "stuff" so it all stuck to/burned onto the handle.

I did the cold water on my fingers immediately and spent the evening touching everything possible that was really cold as well as holding a cold can of soda or seltzer water (when one got room temp. I switched) - now I have really sore fingers, some blisters, some have I guess blisters but it's all wrinkly, and numbness (now that the pain wore off - this is day 2) - could have been worse!

The cauliflower was good as well as the chicken breasts I roasted in there as well (breasts are so big now that 2 breasts make 4 meals) - anyway.... that's what I've been up to - got about 3" of snow, then sleet, then freezing rain but it's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow - crazy. Come on Spring

Old 03-06-2019, 06:43 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Another update here: on a REALLY cold day furnace decides to bite the dust - a neighbor who is good w/handyman stuff came over and spent time - it needs parts - wish me luck to not be a popsicle tomorrow, LOL - outside is currently 26.... of course this couldn't have happened when it was at least in the 50's out. At least the wind as died down so it's not quite so bitter (this is an older house and not insulated well, if at all) - Feel sorry for the HVAC person coming tomorrow morning as I didn't shower today (being a slug) because it was so cold and obviously won't tomorrow when it will be even colder in here. Sleeping in sweats tonight and have extra blankets on the bed.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:17 PM

Oh no, Flamingo. I'm so sorry! Dont feel bad for the HVAC guy. In that cold, you arent sweating so you wont smell bad.

My A/C has gone out twice in August when it was 100+ outside and 90+ inside. That was before I had ceiling fans too. One time I needed a whole new HVAC unit installed and it took a week to get the appointment. So I can empathize, even though my problem was the opposite of yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff