Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 04:58 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times

Advertisements

Sorry to see how this whole shopping forum has dried up so totally. where is everyone?

Old 09-09-2019, 07:19 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Sorry to see how this whole shopping forum has dried up so totally. where is everyone?
I'm here!!! Maybe if we chat someone else will chime in....

I have had the best two weekends at The Frio river!! With all this heat it was awesome. Water is freezing but it felt so good.

I think I'll just go make a good ole Gin and Tonic and wait for a cool front.

Tfw if you happen to see this, think of you all the time girl.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:00 AM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
I'm here too - nothing much going on here. We've actually had some nicer weather for a nice change (no rain though and we need some) - but.... the heat is returning - it was nice while it lasted.

I have to wonder though - why do the weeds go like crazy even though it's so dry? (just to annoy me is my theory, LOL)

Old 09-16-2019, 12:52 PM

We were in Ingram Texas this past weekend with our Camping club and the weather was fantastic!! Got hot during the day but the night and mornings were great. Actually turned the ac off for a little and just enjoyed the cooler temps.

Fall is coming....

Old 09-16-2019, 01:00 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Just dropped in to say hi to everyone. I'm still so depressed about my sister. Recently I started thinking about two best friends with whom I spent a lot of time over the years but who both moved away and with whom I had lost touch about 5-6 years ago. Last week I decided to look them both up and re-connect. Learned that one died two years ago and the other died 5 months ago.

They were both a couple of years younger than I so, coming on top of my sister, it was very sad news. My daughters dont understand why I should be so affected -- and my close friends are about the same age as my daughters so they dont understand how it feels to have friends and family your age die. [

I know I'll get past this. It's just going to take longer than I had expected. Love you all!

Old 09-16-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Just dropped in to say hi to everyone. I'm still so depressed about my sister. Recently I started thinking about two best friends with whom I spent a lot of time over the years but who both moved away and with whom I had lost touch about 5-6 years ago. Last week I decided to look them both up and re-connect. Learned that one died two years ago and the other died 5 months ago.

They were both a couple of years younger than I so, coming on top of my sister, it was very sad news. My daughters dont understand why I should be so affected -- and my close friends are about the same age as my daughters so they dont understand how it feels to have friends and family your age die. [

I know I'll get past this. It's just going to take longer than I had expected. Love you all!
Oh!! I must have just missed you!

Even though I have just turned 65 i know what it's like to lose people. Remember when my mom died, then my baby sister 6 months later, then my brother 2 years after that? My brother died of a broken heart. He never got over loosing my mother. My father died years ago. It left me feeling so alone, so abandoned. We have lost 2 members in our camping club within the past year. It makes you wonder.

I can more than understand your grief.

Old 09-16-2019, 01:53 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
I'm so sorry to hear TFW - sometimes there are times when it seems like nothing but friends/family are sick, serious problems, passing away, etc. - it does eventually pass. Take the time you need and know we are keeping good thoughts for you here.

Sorry to here as well Camper1 - I also recently had to the funeral service for someone who was only 32 - needless to say, it was very emotional.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:23 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times
I am so sorry to read that you are dealing with so much. I have to say I did get very excited and happy to see updates to this thread, and then to see your names contributing.
I hope everyone has some good things in store for them and in the meantime, strength to carry on.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:22 PM

Cooler temps are on the horizon, you can feel it in the air.

Went to visit my friend from our camping club today. I think I told ya'll. They were all loaded to go camping and her husband wasn't feeling well so she was taking him to the hospital, got out to open the gate and when she got back in the car he had had a massive heart attack and died. That was in February. Her daughter has moved her into of of the Senior living places not 10 minutes from me. I am loving having her so close. I go see her every Tuesday like clock work and love my time with her. She's come a long way.

Old 09-18-2019, 02:31 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. And, Camper, I'm so sorry to hear about your camping club friend's loss. Will she not be able to go camping any more now? How sad.

I wanted to report a blessing that I had today. My area has had a lot of rain the past two days but there's a temporary break right now -- so I drove to the grocery store to get a few things. It's a Walmart Grocery Store -- nothing but groceries. It's not the best store but, since I cant drive more than two miles (because my right leg is too weak from the stroke years ago), it's the only one close enough for me to use.

Quick background: I've lived in my house for 40 years. When I moved here, it was a nice neighborhood of starter homes. Over the years, low-income apartments have been built and crime has risen significantly. All my neighbors, except one, have moved out because of the criminal element. I'd move too except that it would be too difficult with my limited physical ability.

So I went to the grocery store. There was only one cart available there and its back wheels didnt work well. In fact, they locked up every few rotations. I was tempted to just go home but, with more rain predicted for the next 2-3 days, I decided to tough it out with the locked-up wheels. The more I shopped, the worse the cart got. It was terribly frustrating -- but the blessing is that no less than 8 people helped me get through the wheels locking up. They didnt just offer -- they took the cart and pulled/pushed it until the wheels unlocked. This even happened in the parking lot -- one guy who was driving around got out of his car to pull the cart over to where I was parked.

I'm convinced that some things happen for a reason. I've been so depressed but right now I feel so uplifted. There are so many good people in this world. They may be different colors/races but, on the inside, they're all the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff