Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 04:30 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,652,760 times

Advertisements

Hello! Here I am, back again. At least I think this is me. Lol. Testing, testing... is this my original Starr.r account?

YAY, it worked! OK, now that I know the password for this one, I can use it next time I'm on my phone. (I'm on my PC right now.) Sorry for the confusion. I have too many email acc'ts.
Thank you, the person (Zac?) that was trying to help me out.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:42 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
OMG, Starr, what beautiful hair you have! It's just lovely!

Old 01-14-2014, 12:15 AM

Thank you for the nice compliment, TFW. Of course, most of it's gone now... I'm still suffering a bit of separation anxiety. But that always happens right after I have it cut.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:50 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Hi!!! Remember me?!

There is so much to catch up on but not enough time to go back and read it all now. Will try later this afternoon.

Had a wonderful time on a four day weekend but OMG!! The cedar hit me as soon as we hit town again! I could just scratch my eyes out!!!

Star, good to see you again and your hair was beautiful! I'm at that stage of trying to grow mine out again but may change it quick. This past weekend it frizzed something awful!

TFW, our power wasn't out for more than a few hours at a time so it wasn't unbearable. Agreed it's better in the winter than the summer.

Laundry is calling....

Old 01-15-2014, 01:20 AM

Welcome back, camper. Have you tried Zyrtec for allergies? It's a bit expensive, but I always wait for a sale and use a coupon, so then it's not too bad. It works really well, so it's worth it.

It's nice to be back, thank you. I missed you guys.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Don't forget folks (especially those in areas that seldom/never experience such cold) - open your cabinet doors to kitchen/bathroom sinks on outer walls to help get some heat to the pipes (better safe than sorry) ... .
I did not know that, thanks. Whether I was in Mass or in FL, we always just left the cold water trickling, and thankfully, that's been enough. But I will remember that advice in the future. True -- better safe than sorry.

Last edited by Starr.R; 01-15-2014 at 01:28 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-17-2014, 05:50 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Just wanted to check in - I'm still dealing w/cold/sinus/whatever... but I think it's finally on the way out - on the down side - husband goes in Mon. for a kidney biopsy on his transplanted kidney (hoping for the best but really thinking that kidney is probably failing....). Sorry to be a downer but wanted to explain why I haven't posted on the boards much lately. Hoping everyone is doing well and staying warm ("they" say going to be cold again next week) - Bring on Spring I say!

Old 01-19-2014, 02:38 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
O, Flamingo, I'm so sorry about your husband. I'm also hoping for the best for both of you. Please let us know what the biopsy shows.

And sorry for your cold/sinus/whatever -- also for Camper's allergies.

Starr, it's always a good idea, if the temps drop enough that you have to turn a faucet on at night, to let it be the hot water. Hot water pipes will freeze faster than cold water pipes. You can even read, on other C-D forums, where people have awakened to find their cold water is ok but they have no hot water -- because the hot water pipes froze.

Not much news at my house. Lovely weather this weekend: sunny and a little cool. The weatherman says a cold front is going to hit again around Tuesday but it wont drop the temps much here.

I took Queenie out to the schoolyard yesterday. You cant see much of her in this photo but I love it anyway because you can see that she's running full-out. For a dog who was given only a day or two to live back in June, she's doing pretty well. She's about 12 1/2 years old and, with her Congestive Heart Failure, I know my time with her is limited -- but I cherish every day. I still shudder when I read, on her intake papers from the county, that she was going to be put to sleep the same day she was picked up, because no one would adopt a 9-year-old dog.

Last edited by TFW46; 01-19-2014 at 02:48 PM..

Old 01-20-2014, 11:33 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
O, Flamingo, I'm so sorry about your husband. I'm also hoping for the best for both of you. Please let us know what the biopsy shows.

And sorry for your cold/sinus/whatever -- also for Camper's allergies.

Starr, it's always a good idea, if the temps drop enough that you have to turn a faucet on at night, to let it be the hot water. Hot water pipes will freeze faster than cold water pipes. You can even read, on other C-D forums, where people have awakened to find their cold water is ok but they have no hot water -- because the hot water pipes froze.

Not much news at my house. Lovely weather this weekend: sunny and a little cool. The weatherman says a cold front is going to hit again around Tuesday but it wont drop the temps much here.

I took Queenie out to the schoolyard yesterday. You cant see much of her in this photo but I love it anyway because you can see that she's running full-out. For a dog who was given only a day or two to live back in June, she's doing pretty well. She's about 12 1/2 years old and, with her Congestive Heart Failure, I know my time with her is limited -- but I cherish every day. I still shudder when I read, on her intake papers from the county, that she was going to be put to sleep the same day she was picked up, because no one would adopt a 9-year-old dog.

Queenie looks great!! I pulled this up on my phone and can enlarge it enough to see the grin on here face!!

Your the best for opening your heart and taking her in!!!!!

Old 01-20-2014, 03:09 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Ugh - we were sent back home - turns out the Dr. who would have done the procedure said it was too soon - after his telling us risks, etc. (bleeding being a major one) - I said husband is a bleeder... he's only been off his Plavix over the weekend - Dr. said he wouldn't do it - rescheduled for Thurs. a.m. (PLUS!! although hospital called Fri. and reviewed meds., stressed how important it was for him to take everything except blood thinner and diabetes meds. because they couldn't do it if his b/p was too high - HE DECIDED!!! on his one to not take anything - b/p was 220/140!!!!!!!!!! they tried oral drug and then I.V. med. to bring it down (this was before it was discovered that it couldn't be done anyway). WHY can't men LISTEN?????? (Sigh, sorry..... I'm venting) - a few hrs. of sleep for me before "hanging out at the hospital for a couple hrs.", worrying, etc. - and get to do this all over again Thurs.

I appreciate the kind thoughts and messages - I'll update on Thurs. (and now they expect major snowfall here tomorrow after it was nearly 60 degrees today! crazy)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff