Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2014, 07:39 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Sorry about the hot flashes, Starr. I never had them but I've known many who did and they seem very uncomfortable.
And they last FOREVER!!! At least for me they are. I'm actually on my third round. Started at 38 and going strong at almost 60.
I can be found most days in the freezer section of the grocery stores.
For me sugar is my trigger food. One would think I would give up sugar, right?!

Old 03-21-2014, 09:38 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,652,316 times
Thanks, TFW. You're lucky to be in that 10%.
Camper, I've had them for a few years, and happily, they've always been mild, & only last a minute or two. I have no idea what a trigger food might be, cuz they don't seem to happen after eating. The B12 has decreased the frequency, but since they're mild any way, the "intensity," I guess you'd call it, hasn't changed much. It might be a bit milder. Let me know if you decide to try the B12. I wait for vitamins to go on sale (preferrably BOGO), then grab a handful of coupons & get them for less than half price. Supplements can be pricey!

Old 03-21-2014, 09:42 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,806,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post
Thanks, TFW. You're lucky to be in that 10%.
Camper, I've had them for a few years, and happily, they've always been mild, & only last a minute or two. I have no idea what a trigger food might be, cuz they don't seem to happen after eating. The B12 has decreased the frequency, but since they're mild any way, the "intensity," I guess you'd call it, hasn't changed much. It might be a bit milder. Let me know if you decide to try the B12. I wait for vitamins to go on sale (preferrably BOGO), then grab a handful of coupons & get them for less than half price. Supplements can be pricey!
See if they are cheaper here: Discount Vitamins & Herbal Supplements from Puritan's Pride

Old 03-21-2014, 03:22 PM

I used to buy from them many years ago,before they were online. I was always happy with them. Thanks for reminding me about them, Bob.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:26 AM

I ha.ven't been running about this, because it's hard on my emotions. Daughter is on her way to Japan, with a crazy 10-hour layover in the Philippines first. sShe's about halfway there now... 4 hours down, 6 hours to go before she reaches the Philippines. Last night on Skype she looked homesick. She's only been gone a week and I miss her so much already!

She'll be in Japan for one year, teaching "Americana" to Japanese middle school students. This is so bitter sweet for me, a great opportunity for her, but terribly missing my only child.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I ha.ven't been running about this, because it's hard on my emotions. Daughter is on her way to Japan, with a crazy 10-hour layover in the Philippines first. sShe's about halfway there now... 4 hours down, 6 hours to go before she reaches the Philippines. Last night on Skype she looked homesick. She's only been gone a week and I miss her so much already!

She'll be in Japan for one year, teaching "Americana" to Japanese middle school students. This is so bitter sweet for me, a great opportunity for her, but terribly missing my only child.
I can imagine!!! Agreed it's a great opportunity. Just tell that to yourself when your really missing her.

My daughter ( only child too) moved out this year and lives 10 minutes away. we have family dinner once a week and it kills me to still not see her every day.

Hugs Starr!!! At least you have skype.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:11 AM

Thank you, dear. That means a lot to me. I can't write about it much right now, cuz it leads me to melancholy, but I knew that I'd have support when I came here, and I was right.
So thanks.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Thank you, dear. That means a lot to me. I can't write about it much right now, cuz it leads me to melancholy, but I knew that I'd have support when I came here, and I was right.
So thanks.
I'm here whenever you need to talk. Send a private message if you would prefer.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:25 AM

Thanks so much. Not up to talking about it yet...perhaps when she's safely at her new apartment in Kyoto.

FlightAware.com is helping me cope.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PAL101

Old 03-23-2014, 06:37 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
Quote:

Is there a chance that you might be able to fly over for a visit around 6 months from now? You'd get to see her and also see Japan together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff