Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 09:48 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times

Advertisements

Happy New Year from me too! 2014 cant leave soon enough.

My sister (who lives in Virginia) is coming down tomorrow morning and will stay with me for several days. So I'll have a nice start to 2015.

Old 01-01-2015, 11:16 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Happy New Year!

Old 01-01-2015, 02:15 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,000,621 times
Happy new year!!

I was soooo sick last night. Felt like I was swallowing cut glass. Today it's all better. Just sneezing my head off. It's must be cedar season. Thank goodness it's only 6 weeks.
It was so loud here last night, sounded like a war zone. Today's kinda drizzly. Going to be a mess for those trying to clean up after fireworks. Thank goodness it's not me this year.

TFW, must be nice to have family come visit.

Everyone fixing their Blackeyed peas today?!

Old 01-01-2015, 03:52 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Happy new year!!

Everyone fixing their Blackeyed peas today?!
I ate an entire can of them for brunch. I love them and I'm totally superstitious about eating them on the first day of the year. burp burp......excuse me.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:20 PM

Sorry you were sick, Camper. Hope you feel better soon.

I had black-eyed peas on January 2 -- forgot to eat them on New Year's Day. But some years when I havent eaten them at all turn out to be the best years for me. So who knows.

This New Year's Eve was the first time in many years that the people directly across the street set off fireworks. It's illegal in the city limits but I dont mind that -- what I do mind is that the fireworks were aimed at my house (not intentionally, I'm sure, as they're very nice people). About 15 years ago a house on my block and another house one block over burned because fireworks landed on the roofs. After that a lot of families started watering their roofs on New Year's Eve and on July 4.

My sister left to go back to Virginia today. I truly love having her here. We dont go anywhere -- we just sit around the house and talk. There isnt anyone else with whom I can do nothing like that and enjoy it so much. I told her that SEINFELD was the show about nothing and she and I are the SEINFELD SISTERS because we enjoy doing nothing together.

And, yes, Camper, it is nice to have someone care so much about me that she spends time and money to visit twice a year. She also said that she's going to start coming down more often.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:39 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,000,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Sorry you were sick, Camper. Hope you feel better soon.

I had black-eyed peas on January 2 -- forgot to eat them on New Year's Day. But some years when I havent eaten them at all turn out to be the best years for me. So who knows.

This New Year's Eve was the first time in many years that the people directly across the street set off fireworks. It's illegal in the city limits but I dont mind that -- what I do mind is that the fireworks were aimed at my house (not intentionally, I'm sure, as they're very nice people). About 15 years ago a house on my block and another house one block over burned because fireworks landed on the roofs. After that a lot of families started watering their roofs on New Year's Eve and on July 4.

My sister left to go back to Virginia today. I truly love having her here. We dont go anywhere -- we just sit around the house and talk. There isnt anyone else with whom I can do nothing like that and enjoy it so much. I told her that SEINFELD was the show about nothing and she and I are the SEINFELD SISTERS because we enjoy doing nothing together.

And, yes, Camper, it is nice to have someone care so much about me that she spends time and money to visit twice a year. She also said that she's going to start coming down more often.
I've lost 6 lbs since New Years eve!! Maybe I don't mind being sick after all.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:14 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
I've not updated in awhile - the whole Christmas season was rough and his b/d was a few days later (I actually didn't go anywhere that entire week) - I spent time cleaning up glass since 4:30 a.m. Christmas day one of the floating shelves in the kitchen (there for at least 10 yrs.) that held my nested Pyrex bowls as well as all the nested 50's bowls (you've all seen them, diff. colors) - decided it didn't want to "float" anymore and crashed down - good thing is, it's near the inner door to outside which is all glass w/a wood frame - it gouged the wall the the wood frame but didn't take out the door glass as well. Lost my Pyrex clear bowls and most of the 50's bowls - it was a very colorful cleanup though! LOL

Snow today that I had to shovel (3 1/2") - I think this is another sign that I need to move somewhere warmer - just can't figure out where - it's hard when you're by yourself and not in you 20's anymore (like I was when I moved here from PA).

Other than that... hanging in there and trying to stay warm and keep positive thoughts for 2015 (I know folks have it worse and I feel bad for feeling sorry for myself...but sometimes just can't help it). Hoping for a GREAT year for everyone.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:56 PM

O, Flamingo, my heart just breaks for you. I'm also praying that 2015 is easier for you. You deserve better times.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:49 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
Thanks TFW - hoping for the same for you. If I could just figure out where I want to move to, get some help w/all the STUFF here, etc., I'd be a happy camper!

Old 01-10-2015, 08:50 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,808,285 times
2014 was not a good year for me.

In February I lost Debby who the angels sent me for 11 years. She was the best person I ever met.
In March I lost my brother.
In June our cat Pebbles had to be put down.
Then in October my 18 yr old daughter had to go to rehab for drugs.
She's fine now.

I usually don't post much of my personal life but I hope this year will be a little better.
I know we all have a full plate but sometimes its good to let other people know whats up and the people here are great and support you all the way.

All of you are great people with huge hearts and I am so glad I met you all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff