Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 04:30 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times

Advertisements

Sorry I've been MIA. Some tough times here, but I had the very best day of all yesterday. Everyone, absolutely everyone, I met was so wonderful -- the AAA tow truck driver, 3 repair shop guys, Queenie's vet assistant, etc. I still smile when thinking of what an awesome (even if stressful at times) day it was. Hope that all of you can have as nice a day.

We've been having a mild winter so far -- highs in the 60s-70s, lows in the high 40s. Bob, I've been praying that you arent affected too badly by the storm. I lived in Taunton MA (south of Boston) for a couple of years, back in the late 1970s, and have been praying for those people too. Flamingo, I think you dodged a bullet and got very little, if any, snow, right?

Old 01-28-2015, 07:38 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,796,611 times
We got 33" of snow!

Thank God I have good neighbors that helped me with my driveway!!

Old 01-28-2015, 07:59 AM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
TFW, sorry things have been rough but glad you aren't stressing

Bob - YUCK!! I know someone in Boston and his sister says they got as much as you - they basically shoveled ALL day to try to keep up w/it before it got too heavy - fortunately, they didn't lose power.

We did only get about 1-1 1/2" - calling for snow again Thurs./Fri. and then Sun./Mon. - "they" keep saying have to keep an eye on the weekend one as it could be a doozy - sure hope not!

Stay warm everyone.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:59 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Sorry I've been MIA. Some tough times here, but I had the very best day of all yesterday. Everyone, absolutely everyone, I met was so wonderful -- the AAA tow truck driver, 3 repair shop guys, Queenie's vet assistant, etc. I still smile when thinking of what an awesome (even if stressful at times) day it was. Hope that all of you can have as nice a day.

We've been having a mild winter so far -- highs in the 60s-70s, lows in the high 40s. Bob, I've been praying that you arent affected too badly by the storm. I lived in Taunton MA (south of Boston) for a couple of years, back in the late 1970s, and have been praying for those people too. Flamingo, I think you dodged a bullet and got very little, if any, snow, right?
Oh no! Nothing that has a tow truck driver and repair guys can be good.

Nice to hear you had a good day yesterday, it was

and is beautiful here except for the stinking cedar. It has kicked my butt this year.

as much as I think some snow might be nice I couldn't handle anything like whats on the news. Love Texas except for August.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:07 PM

OMG, never, ever go to the grocery store a few days before Super Bowl Sunday. I'd been putting off going because I'm having a difficult time walking, and also because my car was in the repair shop, but I had to go today. The store was jam-packed with both men (very unusual) and women shopping for munchies, beer and other football-watching foods.

I guess I've never gone grocery shopping the week before the Super Bowl. I know I'll never go shopping that week again. I'll bet Saturday will be horrid.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:35 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
OMG, never, ever go to the grocery store a few days before Super Bowl Sunday. I'd been putting off going because I'm having a difficult time walking, and also because my car was in the repair shop, but I had to go today. The store was jam-packed with both men (very unusual) and women shopping for munchies, beer and other football-watching foods.

I guess I've never gone grocery shopping the week before the Super Bowl. I know I'll never go shopping that week again. I'll bet Saturday will be horrid.
Lol. I also went today. Needed some Super Bowl stuff but also just regular groceries. I was really surprised that it wasn't that bad. Of course I always like to go early do maybe I missed the crowd.

I will be sending my daughter Saturday for last minute fresh stuff...

Old 01-29-2015, 05:20 PM

I went today but just for a few things - not busy. I expect it to be crazy upcoming though because we have a snowstorm predicted for Sun. and Mon. - I went today because of the expected rain/sleet - and we did get sleet (I'd gone to visit across the street neighbors for an hour or so and realized I was hearing "something" - sleet! was a little tricky just walking home. I'm in the the next week or whatever it takes - I can't deal w/cold anymore, high winds tomorrow - sleet did stop, short lived, but stores will be crazy over the weekend - no thanks.

Neither of the teams I wanted in the SB are there - so really don't have interest other than the commercials

Old 01-29-2015, 07:18 PM

Maybe my mistake was going grocery shopping in the middle of the afternoon. I used to go early in the mornings, but that was years ago when I didnt enjoy sleeping in so much.

Flamingo, I often wonder how people deal with ice and snow. I lived in Denver CO in the 1960s and in Taunton MA (south of Boston) in the 1970s. I never had a problem with Denver winters, but I was in Taunton in 1978 when we had a record blizzard. Fortunately, my house was just a couple of blocks from my job at the Paul Dever State School (my favorite place to work, in all my 42-year career -- I loved those residents). But the harsh MA winters were enough to send me back to Texas.

I love the Patriots. I lived in wonderful Seattle for several years and also love the Seahawks. I'll be happy for whoever wins and sad for whoever loses on Sunday.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:55 PM

There is really no dealing w/ice - friends of mine are seriously thinking of CO when they retire... brrr

This area, weekdays are good for shopping, as long as it isn't after work hours (I can't bring myself to do early mornings any more) - weekends - a whole 'nother ballgame.

I'm rooting for my Steelers Sunday! LMAO

Old 01-29-2015, 08:11 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,796,611 times
Flamingo, how could you

Go Pats

Last edited by bobrainman; 01-29-2015 at 08:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff