Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2020, 12:51 PM

4,703 posts, read 4,351,886 times

Advertisements

From what I am hearing locally, the shopping delivery is a big mess with demand outpacing supply.
People comment that they book an order a week out if they are lucky, and then frequently as the day approaches, they are advised the order cannot be completed.
I keep thinking that with all the unemployed, if somehow someone could figure out how to get them with the order picking and delivery (or even curbside pickup) while it wouldn't be big bucks, it would certainly help many out all around.
So far we have been doing our shopping and I know we would probably have a hard time giving someone a list as we make so many decisions on the spot.
When they keep saying the next few weeks will be really bad, I have to admit we would like to NOT go to the store.
Well, stay safe everyone.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:43 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,886,607 times
So far I haven't needed much and hubbys is out working anyway so he just stops. he's being very careful, wipes the cart and anything he touches, jumps in the shower as soon as he gets home and I wipe the house daily.

Has anyone made or acquired masks yet? I have all the supplies and even a machine but I couldn't tell you how to open the machine let alone where the start button is!!

I found someone online that I might order from. Ya never know and these people are trying to help. Some of them are really cute!!!

TFW, I know your reading this... please post. I miss you!!!!

Old 04-10-2020, 10:16 AM

I wanted to take the time to post again before the weekend starts and wish everyone here a safe and Happy Easter.

I know it's going to be hard for some to be away from family but don't feel alone. Boli and egg and dye it. Make yourself smile and be grateful for everything you have and everything that's coming. Try thinking of the first time we can go freely into town ( DOLLAR TREE!!). It will be like the dawn after a storm.

Happy Easter.

Old 04-12-2020, 05:29 AM

I feel so excited. Was FINALLY able to place a grocery order. It will be delivered on Thursday. I think we ( well one of us) will still have to go shopping like Tuesday or so, so I actually did not order perishables . Instead, I made a decent order of random things that will be good in the pantry as well as sort of unique to the store I ordered from (Aldi). Again, we 'll see what actually comes and if it comes. They are things that I don't absolutely HAVE to have, but would be worth for me to actually go that store so this can save me said trip and this should be good for several weeks.
I do hear many people say that the day before teh order sometimes it gets canceled- so we shall see.
I was having the hardest time with this- with multiple stores and then having no delivery times available.
I did what people suggested- which was to leave the cart there and just check back through the day. Sometimes a delivery time would open and when I clicked on it, it had already been spoken for. Finally one worked!
I am in awe of people who are able to get all their shopping delivered. But hey it's a start.

Old 05-15-2020, 11:12 AM

oh m goodness I just thought I would check in here, and now I see it's been a MONTH since we have had a post here. So boring. We are ok, getting a bit stir crazy ( still in shut down/lockdown). We do go shopping for food like once a week, and as long as it's not pouring rain,get out for a nice walk, but otherwise quite isolated. Mother's Day got to get a look at 2 of our 3 grands ( one was napping) through a storm door for about 10 minutes.
How are you all doing?

Old 05-21-2020, 01:02 PM

I'm here!!! I was going to check today to see who was here.

I stay home most days. Run to the store only when I have to. I have a really hard time with the masks. I have tried everything to keep my glasses from fogging up. The medical tape helps but it's gets so HOT!! I swear I'm going to have a panic attack in the middle of Walmart one day!! Think anyone will notice? Ha!
I did something really dumb today ( what else is new right?) I was chewing some gum while wearing my mask and blew a bubble. Yep, all over my mask! I was good though, kept it on till I got outside.

The state of Texas has ok'd camping again so we're going to try going with our group in June but no club house for me. It's going to be odd keeping yur distance but I didn't stay home all this time to blow it now.

Hubby still has to go to work. That's good. But they stopped the " essential " pay raise.

TFW, if your reading this my poor Bailey girl is not doing well. She just started going in circles a few days ago.. Always turning to the left. Against my better judgement I took her to the vet and got the " it's time to put her down" speach. We disagree with that Whole heartedly. Yes, she's 16 but doesn't seem to be in any pain. Still eats and drinks like always and still plays with Baxter. I guess we will give it some time, see how she does. I still tear up everyday thinking about My boy Bruiser. Baxter is fine, just tries to eat me daily. I can bathe hime, dry him and trim him and he's fine. We will be sitting here watching tv and all of a sudden bam!! Only last for a second, then he's fine. No idea why...

Ok, I lied!!! I went to the Dollar Tree!!!! I couldn't stand it. But I was careful and no one was there.

Old 05-22-2020, 04:48 AM

Great to hear from you Camper! I love that blowing a bubble with the mask- too funny.

the weather here has gotten really great, and so my walks (on mostly paved trails in stunning parks) have gotten longer and really enjoyable. Again that is when the weather is great and at a minimum not pouring. A few days have been pretty windy but the past week has mostly been , as I say, glorious.
That, and shopping is what we have done. I hear you about needing to get out. Actually around here, nothing is very crowded and the social distance is really for the most part followed ( of course masks are mandatory and some stores that do get crowded at times have limited the number of people in. If you wait on line, it is 6 feet apart. We have had that happen once a few weeks ago.) I only was able to get delivery of groceries once, and although it turned out fine, it was so hard to get that we had actually just prior done a pretty big shopping so since I was able to ((finally)) get a time slot, I took it and used it to stock up on a bunch of staples and just random things. Since then I hear the time slots are more available but at this point I am so used to going once a week, we just do that.
I was able to use Target curbside pickup- and that was more a novelty at the time and it was thrilling. I got everything I ordered, and it was so efficient. But that was really more of a boredom thing than actual need. Still it was very reassuring.
I am really hoping that we head to the next stage which is a gradual loosening.
Again, we have only seen our grands a handful of times, and only through a storm door ( or on a video call). We moved here to be nearer to them and this just really is lousy.
Well anyway it's great to hear from you and hope some others chime in.
I know there has been so little activity on this thread and I too had only looked occasionally so here we are.
Stay safe and let us know how everyone is doing!

Old 05-28-2020, 01:21 PM

Boy o boy did we get rain!! TFW, are you ok? We got pounded a few days ago and had three limbs crack in a tree but not fall. Not having time to cut them hubby goes up about even with the second story and ropes them together. (Guess who got a new ladder for Father's day?)

Then night before last we had a long hard rain and then last night we got hail!! Lost a ton of my wind chimes from the porch, a new plant and another three huge limbs ( different ones) from another tree. These actually got ripped off and hit the ground almost taking out my wind spinner.

I understand why people don't like Elm trees next to the house but after the Oak wilt took all my Oaks these are all I have and I love them dearly. Everything is going to be muddy for a week or so and we probably won't get rain for the rest of the summer.

Oh, did I mention my new rook leaked?!!! Roofer are coming either tomorrow or Saturday.

Oh well. When it rains it pours. We needed the rain I guess.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

TFW, I miss seeing your post.

Old 06-16-2020, 03:04 PM

Sigh.... no one?

Old 06-23-2020, 05:46 PM

Ok, I'll go again then.

Made a few river reservations!! Figure what's the best way to social distance than in a river that's freezing!! Will be some nice quiet time with just me , hubby and the dogs. I got a
the cutest tall skinny cup the other day with flamingos on it! Nothing better than beer over ice in my new cup. Well, ok, maybe an ice cold Gin and tonic in my new cup.
Speaking of dogs, had to take Baxter today for his check up. It was pouring again and guess who had to go?! I'm out the with an umbrella and it's thundering and lightning and I'm getting soaked trying to keep the dog dry. Hey, I just bathed him and he was all pretty and clean. As usual, Baxter was the hit of the party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff