Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2014, 11:14 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times

Advertisements

My mailbox just opened up after the holidays and I have a sample of Folger's Gourmet Vanilla Biscotti.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 11:36 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
My mailbox just opened up after the holidays and I have a sample of Folger's Gourmet Vanilla Biscotti.

Oh, that sounds delicious. I dont know if I requested that freebie but I'm going to look for it next time I go grocery shopping. Let us know how it tastes.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:22 AM

17 posts, read 10,771 times
Vanilla biscotti does sound good.
I got my free Weight Watchers mag today! Yay!

Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Atkins starter kit came today.

It was yummy.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Atkins starter kit came today.
It was yummy.

What was in the kit, Ohio?

I signed up for Nutrisystem last month -- not to lose weight, but so that I'll always have plenty of food in the pantry without having to go to the grocery store every week or so. I had also signed up for it right after my stroke in 2006 and it was a lifesaver for the first year after the stroke.

The food is tasty. I ordered turkey/dressing, zesty cajun chicken/sausage/rice, rotini with meatballs, loaded baked potato, tuna salad, red beans/rice, chocolate sandwich cookies (like oreos), etc. It was delivered the day before yesterday and I've already had the turkey/dressing, loaded baked potato and red beans/rice. OMG. They should advertise this as being a good choice for people who cant get out -- the sick, handicapped and elderly.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:05 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I signed up for Nutrisystem last month -- not to lose weight, but so that I'll always have plenty of food in the pantry without having to go to the grocery store every week or so. I had also signed up for it right after my stroke in 2006 and it was a lifesaver for the first year after the stroke.

The food is tasty. I ordered turkey/dressing, zesty cajun chicken/sausage/rice, rotini with meatballs, loaded baked potato, tuna salad, red beans/rice, chocolate sandwich cookies (like oreos), etc. It was delivered the day before yesterday and I've already had the turkey/dressing, loaded baked potato and red beans/rice. OMG. They should advertise this as being a good choice for people who cant get out -- the sick, handicapped and elderly.
I was on Nutrisystem back in the 90s. It really worked. All I had to supply was fresh veggies and dairy.
The food really is good.

I totally agree that the company is ignoring a large population (pun not intended). People who can't get out would love this because it is convenient. The food is tasty and much better than Wise Company food. I even like it better than my personal favorite Mountain House.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:41 PM

Right, Ketabcha. The food is awesome. It's still very difficult for me, 7 years after the stroke, to walk very far. I can manage to get through the veggies/fruit area of the grocery store but then my right leg starts giving out on me and I always have to cut my grocery trip short. I dont know why I didnt think of Nutrisystem before now, especially because it was so easy to have good food when I was buying Nutrisystem immediately after the stroke.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
What was in the kit, Ohio?
Two breakfast bars, a snack bar, a carbohydrate counter, and meal plans.

I didn't wait for breakfast to try one of them. Although, after reading the nutrition label, I was shocked to discover how many carbs the bar had in it -- more carbs than protein, which is not recommended if you're following a low-carb food plan.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Two breakfast bars, a snack bar, a carbohydrate counter, and meal plans.
I didn't wait for breakfast to try one of them. Although, after reading the nutrition label, I was shocked to discover how many carbs the bar had in it -- more carbs than protein, which is not recommended if you're following a low-carb food plan.

Interesting. I thought Atkins was a low-carb, high-protein plan.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Interesting. I thought Atkins was a low-carb, high-protein plan.
Allegedly. That's why I was surprised that the meal replacement bars had such a high carb count. I know they're not meant to be consumed on a daily basis, but still ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff