Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2017, 09:38 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,278,431 times

Advertisements

My free sample of MEOW MIX arrived today. Interesting that Lulu, who will eat anything, wanted nothing to do with it. It's a wet cat food with whitefish/tuna/shrimp flavor, all flavors that she loves. Had I seen this in the grocery store, I'd have bought some as occasionaly "dessert" for her. I'm so glad I got this freebie instead of spending money on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
...hope Bob is okay, no posts from him a while.

I was wondering the same thing, Flamingo. The last time he posted was 1.5 weeks ago. If he doesnt post soon, I'll send him a message. I hate to intrude on anyone's privacy but Bob is such a special person and I dont remember his ever going this long without posting unless that area was having very bad weather. Here's hoping his computer is just on the fritz -- not ever a good thing but better than being sick or incapacitated.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:05 AM

15,893 posts, read 18,205,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I was wondering the same thing, Flamingo. The last time he posted was 1.5 weeks ago. If he doesnt post soon, I'll send him a message. I hate to intrude on anyone's privacy but Bob is such a special person and I dont remember his ever going this long without posting unless that area was having very bad weather. Here's hoping his computer is just on the fritz -- not ever a good thing but better than being sick or incapacitated.

Bob is ill and has been in the hospital for over a week. I only found out about it because I called him to see if he was okay since he had not been posting. That in itself indicates that he is really ill because he always asks me to sub in for him and he didn't this time. I'll let y'all know when/if I get an update.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:37 AM

15,100 posts, read 27,541,944 times
Thanks for the update - keeping good thoughts.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:46 PM

Thanks, Ketabcha. Please let Bob know that we're thinking about him and sending prayers and good vibes his way.

Old 03-18-2018, 02:44 PM

The last post in this thread was mine, talking about Bob, 3+ months ago. Has no one received a freebie since then -- or has no one just come here to post about it?

I havent been sending off for many freebies because life has gotten in the way. But I do still receive 50+ freebie magazines every month, an average of 2 daily, and I thank Bob every single time I get one. They're good magazines too: Better Homes & Gardens, Sports Illustrated, Family Handyman, Redbook, Reader's Digest, Family Circle, Popular Mechanics, Texas Monthly, This Old House, Weight Watchers, Womans Day, Discover, Field & Stream, Oprah, Outdoor Life, Popular Science, Arthritis Today and many others.

I may be MIA for a while next month, as I'm going to spend some time with my daughter who lives @ 200 miles away. Her acreage is way off in the country, with no mail delivery (so she goes to the post office to get her mail), no internet and no cable/TV (that will be hard for me). But there's also no crime at all and I'm considering moving there because of that. This trip will be to see if I can adjust to not having a grocery store nearby and being 200+ miles away from my doctors. If I do move up there, I'll definitely find a place that has internet and cable.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:18 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,205,735 times
So, as we say in Texas: "It's not a fur piece away but still pretty fur."

AND, you will be closer to me. Yippee!

Old 03-19-2018, 09:52 AM

Wow - best of luck TFW - we'll miss you - try to at least get to a library or something once in a while and let us know how you're doing? What are you going to do w/your house and all your "stuff"?

As to freebies, none here except for some mags. (and most/many of them run out soon).

Old 03-19-2018, 06:27 PM

I'm not moving next month. I'm only going to stay with my daughter for a while to see if I like it up there. It wont be longer than a couple of weeks. I am considering moving there but, if I do, it will take a while to do that -- first, because I have a house here that would need to be sold and, second, because it takes me a long time to make changes nowadays.

I have a house alarm and have already advised my next-door neighbors (we've been neighbors for almost 40 years) that Lulu and I will be gone. The man is retired and always on the alert for any problems either at his house or mine.

Old 03-19-2018, 06:30 PM

Good - I hope Lulu takes the temp. move well. Are we talking still in TX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff