Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 07:28 PM

6,987 posts, read 4,809,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
It's great to see Krispy Kreme showing such concern for their customers' health
I do believe this is the definition of irony!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 07:34 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
What are we little children?

It's kind of like when I was little and the Doctor would give us a lollipop for getting a shot, or the Dentist would let us pick out a little toy from his "treasure chest" for being good during a filling.

We're talking about a serious decision whether or not to take a fast-tracked vaccine, for which the pharmaceutical companies have no liability whatsoever against any harm it may cause, into your body.

My, and my family's health, is something we take VERY seriously. It's not a little game with prizes. Do they think we are mindless like children? I guess they do. And I guess, some are.
If the vaccine is such a great thing, why is bribery in the form of "treats", or any other incentives, needed at all?

Beyond creepy.
They want the world to open!

Old 03-27-2021, 07:50 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
What are we little children?

It's kind of like when I was little and the Doctor would give us a lollipop for getting a shot, or the Dentist would let us pick out a little toy from his "treasure chest" for being good during a filling.

We're talking about a serious decision whether or not to take a fast-tracked vaccine, for which the pharmaceutical companies have no liability whatsoever against any harm it may cause, into your body.

My, and my family's health, is something we take VERY seriously. It's not a little game with prizes. Do they think we are mindless like children? I guess they do. And I guess, some are.

If the vaccine is such a great thing, why is bribery in the form of "treats", or any other incentives, needed at all?

Beyond creepy.
It's not a bribe, it is a marketing promotion.

If a vaccine is defective, the company will be liable.

Adverse reactions to vaccines are not due to defects when millions of people take the same vaccine with no problems at all.

Financial compensation is available for people who have adverse reactions through a no fault program.

Old 03-27-2021, 08:31 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It's not a bribe, it is a marketing promotion.

If a vaccine is defective, the company will be liable.

Adverse reactions to vaccines are not due to defects when millions of people take the same vaccine with no problems at all.

Financial compensation is available for people who have adverse reactions through a no fault program.
I'm not sure how company liability works here but they certainly will get a black eye in publicity if anything too bad happens to too many people.

Old 03-27-2021, 09:27 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtran49 View Post
People, it's a marketing strategy to get people in the door because they know they are going to probably buy more (because who eats just 1 Krispy Kreme?) and they will more than likely buy at least a cup of coffee even if they resist the temptation to buy more doughnuts. Now if they offered a dozen free doughnuts... j/k, I already got my first shot.
If it were just a marketing ploy, wouldn't they offer a free donut to EVERYONE, regardless of vaccination status, so they'd come in the door and buy additional donuts???

Discrimination seems to be fashionable (again) these days -- depending on whose doing the discriminating and to whom it's directed.

Old 03-27-2021, 10:59 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I'm not sure how company liability works here but they certainly will get a black eye in publicity if anything too bad happens to too many people.
There is enough pre-existing research for them to know that is unlikely.

There is a no fault system for compensating people who truly have adverse reactions to vaccines. For those under EUA this one:

https://www.hrsa.gov/cicp

Old 03-28-2021, 12:46 AM

22,148 posts, read 19,198,797 times
it's like when dentists handed out candy to kids after their appointment was done.

i worked at a cardiology hospital for many years, and it was known for promoting heart healthy options and educating patients and families who were there for, well, heart surgery. the cafeteria offered healthy food for the whole menu, and the cooks and food were catering quality. best food of any place i ever worked, people from surrounding businesses would come to our hospital cafeteria to eat.

anyway from time to time the hospital would do things like order take out pizza for the whole staff. one day they sent me up the street to get donuts for the whole staff. So I had like 5 of those huge flat boxes with a couple dozendonuts and pastries in each box. I had my employee badge on and someone in line saw my badge, from the healthy heart hospital, with all these donuts and was giving me a hard time about it made the hospital look bad.

our head of HR took these things very seriously, so after that when I was sent on a donut run, i had to take off my work badge when i went in to get the donuts, so no bad PR

the other PR concern they had at the time was, there were employees at the heart hospital that smoked. and of course on their breaks and lunch they would go outside to smoke. which of course looked bad to have employees of the heart hospital out front smoking, or out back smoking, or anywhere nearby smoking. no matter where they put the smokers, they were visible from the street, and from the freeway nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff